Sharing the Disney Magic with Family & Friends-DL Diamond Anniversary-DCA F&W Fest Kiosks & The End!

Awesome news about Fran!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

$65 is outrageous! Just as good at a local place. You don't have to get color polish on your toes, just get your feet scrubbed up and cleaned, that's always really nice. I personally don't care for polish on my toes but a pedicure is a nice thing to do every once in a while.

I love foot massages during my regular massages. If they don't do a good job on my feet the tip goes way down, but I've always figured a pedicure was more about the polish, and I don't care what my toes look like. I don't wear shoes where you can really see my toes. And I'm not paying $65 at the Grand when I can get a mani and pedi at the intersection of 7th, PCH and Bellflower for $24. It gets good review on Yelp. Besides my day at the Grand is becoming sort of Jam packed. If I want a relaxed lunch, I need to start at 11:30 and be out of there by 12:30 to make it to the spa for my 1PM appointment. It's 2 hours long, so I'll be out by 3PM and then people are gathering at the villa at 4PM, so boom, boom, boom, my afternoon is full!

$65?! Okay no, I wouldn't get it done either. Max I thought would be at least 40 but dang :scared1:

So it's after midnight and so now we're down to Single Digits until the party starts!!! :banana:

:jumping1:

But she can stand up, weigh herself on the scale, and do other tasks that she could previously not do when only able to stand on one foot. It's a big relief and she should be able to get around the Grand Villa without having to use the Scooter, however, she will get pretty tired and need to take some naps, probably especially while I'm at the spa.

Great news for sure!

That is really cool! Where did he get it?

So exciting and lots of good news around there! That bottle is awesome!! Looking forward to hearing more about how the party goes!

I am glad that Fran is doing better and can now start to put weight on her leg. $65 for a pedicure is rather steep.

Corinna

:woohoo::banana::woohoo: party:Single digit dance time!party::woohoo::banana::woohoo:

That's a great bottle Naked Jim found and good news on Fran.

That bottle is hilarious!!! :rotfl2:

It can be programmed to read at least six different phrases. Happy Birthday is the appropriate one.

Love the bottle and what great news about Fran, I know she will love more independence!

Looks like things are moving forward and the party will get started soon, I am so excited for you!

Thanks! I can't wait!

Awesome news about Fran! I love the bottle. :)

I wouldn't pay $65 for a pedi either. The cheaper places are just as good and then you can get them more regularly!

Well I will schedule one or next Tuesday, but not sure how often I'll be able to get them again!

Congrats on getting stuff moved out of the other unit. You are getting tons done! Don't wear yourself out before the party!

See you in 9 days!

Well we're still not getting enough stuff done. We really need to step up our game!

Great news!!! I'm glad that she's making some progress and can finally put some weight on it to walk!!!

It's really nice that she can get around. It's getting much better.

You did remember to rent the Uhaul truck so you can get all that stuff to GCV, right? :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Yeah, I wish, we're hoping that everything will fit into our Expedition and my Mom's car.

That is awesome!!!!

We're going to keep it going throughout the party!

Is it legal to own that many firearms in the state of California? :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Well, there is only a waiting time on handguns, I don't think there is a limit on the number that you can own. :rolleyes1
Hippy Birthday? You don't look like a hippie? :rotfl2:

Was I or was I not?

Glad to hear Fran is improving! Hope you have a great time with your party - are you going to livestream it anywhere for us DISers that can't attend? :thumbsup2

I don't even know how to livestream, but perhaps we will post pics on FB!

Soon happy for the good news with Fran! :hug:

Yay for naked Jim finding the perfect bottle. There is going to be so much booze and no camera phones.....JILL! :lmao:

:rotfl2:

That's a lotta guns. :faint:

Fran never does anything small. But they are all locked up. She hopes to get back into Cowboy Action Shooting so we need a lot of guns to figure out which ones work for us.

Yay for De Soto! goodvibes:

I hope to have it almost cleaned out when you see it in a week!

The holding pattern is the worst for me. :hyper:

I know, me too! I don't know what to do between now and when I can start doing stuff! I guess I should start packing!

agree, $65 is a lot for a pedicure. I can get one with shellac for $35 here. Without the shellac and regular polish, it's $20. My guess is there are quite a few local places you can go to.

Yeah I found a place with good reviews, I just need to call them and make a reservation.

Hooray! Glad to hear the good news.party:

She is really happy to be walking around the house instead of using the scooter all the time.

I'm sure having the scooter in the grand villa would have been a huge pain. Sounds like all systems are go now.

Well she still needs the scooter to get around outside the Grand Villa, but at least she can get from the bed to the bathroom and the kitchen to a place where she can eat without having to use the scooter, those scenarious will be a relief!

Looks like you're loading up on the essentials.

Most Definitely!

Single digit dance! :dancer:

:woohoo:

Whoa. Just what kind of party are you planning here?

Those aren't for the party! I just had to get them out of there before we showed the bookcases to folks on Craigslist, you know!

I like it!

Awesome news about Fran!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Yeah, she's doing good, but walking is tiring her out and she has been snoozing most of today. I think she will go back and forth between moving and sleeping.

$65 is outrageous! Just as good at a local place. You don't have to get color polish on your toes, just get your feet scrubbed up and cleaned, that's always really nice. I personally don't care for polish on my toes but a pedicure is a nice thing to do every once in a while.

I was thinking something very low key, I need to make the appointment tomorrow.

65?! Okay no, I wouldn't get it done either. Max I thought would be at least 40 but dang :scared1:

Yeah, between the time factor and cost, I'll do it before I go. I just need to make the appointment tomorrow.

:thumbsup2

Great news for sure!

I'm so glad!

That is really cool! Where did he get it?

I think he said Costco....

So exciting and lots of good news around there! That bottle is awesome!! Looking forward to hearing more about how the party goes!

We will try to keep people posted without the incriminating stuff!

I am glad that Fran is doing better and can now start to put weight on her leg. $65 for a pedicure is rather steep.

Corinna

Yeah, I plan on booking the place for $24 for a mani and pedi

:woohoo::banana::woohoo: party:Single digit dance time!party::woohoo::banana::woohoo:

That's a great bottle Naked Jim found and good news on Fran.

::yes::

Alison_Fringe.jpeg

Please tell me you or someone is doing a photo collage of you from over the years to hang up at the villa?! :hyper:

Please tell me you or someone is doing a photo collage of you from over the years to hang up at the villa?! :hyper:

That is such a great idea!!!!!!

I leave a week from today! It's almost party time Woody!

Glad you found a pedi place. You won't be sorry. And like Pam said, they can do clear or even a nice French manicure.

I leave in a week too! This time next week I'll be at the airport waiting to board!

Jill in CO

Likewise Jill! I'll have my Sbux in hand ready to board.

This whole carry on thing is stressing me out. :scared: I may have to suck it up and pay the $25. Hate that! That or rewear jeans which doesn't bug me at all.

Ugh, we don't have Sbux at DIA so I'll hit the drive through on my way to the airport and have it drunk by the time I get to the airport. Hopefully SNA has a Starbucks. :)

I rewear jeans all the time! Less washing makes them last longer!

I'll probably check a bag...no reason not too when its free. ;) Plus it will give me more room to bring back souvies. :)

Jill in CO

That would be so thoughtful. Unless anyone here volunteers it isn't happening. I'm the only person in my family addicted to pictures. :sad2: I have plenty that are easily emailed.

Well, they say pictures or it didn't happen. So I guess it happened! :flower1::daisy::rose::flower::hippie:

If so, you need to take pictures of them for the rest of us! :rotfl2:

That I wouldn't find incriminating!

That is such a great idea!!!!!!

Again, any volunteers?

I leave a week from today! It's almost party time Woody!

:party:

Glad you found a pedi place. You won't be sorry. And like Pam said, they can do clear or even a nice French manicure.

Hopefully I will be able to get one. It sounds nice.

I leave in a week too! This time next week I'll be at the airport waiting to board!

:banana:

Likewise Jill! I'll have my Sbux in hand ready to board.

This whole carry on thing is stressing me out. :scared: I may have to suck it up and pay the $25. Hate that! That or rewear jeans which doesn't bug me at all.

There is also a washing machine in the villa, you could throw in a load while.we are setting up. I don't want you to be stressed out!

Ugh, we don't have Sbux at DIA so I'll hit the drive through on my way to the airport and have it drunk by the time I get to the airport. Hopefully SNA has a Starbucks. :)

I'm pretty sure there is one there at least in the Southwest or American terminal. I don't remember which trip we flew out of there, but I know I got one.

I rewear jeans all the time! Less washing makes them last longer!

I used to rewear pants all the time, I can't seem to do it lately though I seem to be a klutz and spill something on them.

I'll probably check a bag...no reason not too when its free. ;) Plus it will give me more room to bring back souvies. :)

Totally makes sense.

OK, total change of plans. Yesterday my dad was seeing his doctor and he passed out. They called 911 and took him to the ER where they admitted him to the hospital. He's having a pacemaker put in today so Fran and I are thinking of driving up there today. I'm waiting to hear back from my mom, but we may have an impromptu trip here.

OMG, Alison! I hope your dad is ok.

Have a safe drive if you decide to go up.

Jill in CO

OK, total change of plans. Yesterday my dad was seeing his doctor and he passed out. They called 911 and took him to the ER where they admitted him to the hospital. He's having a pacemaker put in today so Fran and I are thinking of driving up there today. I'm waiting to hear back from my mom, but we may have an impromptu trip here.

Oh no! I am so sorry! I hope all goes well! Did he pass out at the doctor's? At least he was in good hands immediately then.

That would be so thoughtful. Unless anyone here volunteers it isn't happening. I'm the only person in my family addicted to pictures. :sad2: I have plenty that are easily emailed.

I'll email you!

OH my gosh, I hope everything is okay. Prayers and drive safely! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter