Sharing the Disney Magic with Family & Friends-DL Diamond Anniversary-DCA F&W Fest Kiosks & The End!

Oh Alison I am so sorry to read this :hugs: please tell Fran from one invalid to another I feel her pain! I don't know if I mentioed this on the other thread but am currently recovering from surgery as well (Achilles tendon surgery) and have been casted and non-weight bearing since Feb 13th.. I really know the awful feeling of not knowing about the future and the doctors not really seeming to know what's wrong. I Really hope you get some answers soon, hang in there :flower3:

Arrgh! Somehow this came off my watched threads feed, I cannot believe I missed the horrendous news. I may be able to help with a points trade if that would help you, but it would have to be today as it's my day 31. Check your email and call if you want :) I am around all day and available.

You will get through this and we are here for you! So sorry I missed this till last night. HUGS to both of you. Huge ones.

Wow... I missed your updates over the weekend, but that is some horrible news. I'm so sorry to hear about Fran. It's definitely a disappointment that you had to cancel your trip because of it, but it sounds like Fran just needs to focus on getting herself better. It doesn't seem like that's going to happen very quickly either with the way your dr. appointments are going.

I hope things go smoothly from here though and that she recovers as quickly as possible.

Weren't we saying this same thing about 2-3 years ago when she had the venus ulcers? Ugh. At least I have become a total expert at canceling trips.

If nothing else the experience from 2-3 years ago will show this too will pass eventually and life will get back to normal. Until then my friend don't forget to take care of yourself too.:hug:

If nothing else the experience from 2-3 years ago will show this too will pass eventually and life will get back to normal. Until then my friend don't forget to take care of yourself too.:hug:
Amen to that Sista

Oh Alison I am so sorry to read this :hugs: please tell Fran from one invalid to another I feel her pain! I don't know if I mentioed this on the other thread but am currently recovering from surgery as well (Achilles tendon surgery) and have been casted and non-weight bearing since Feb 13th.. I really know the awful feeling of not knowing about the future and the doctors not really seeming to know what's wrong. I Really hope you get some answers soon, hang in there :flower3:

Yikes! I remember you joining in on the TRs, binge reading after your surgery. I hope that the healing process is going well. I really hope that we get some answers soon too!

Arrgh! Somehow this came off my watched threads feed, I cannot believe I missed the horrendous news. I may be able to help with a points trade if that would help you, but it would have to be today as it's my day 31. Check your email and call if you want :) I am around all day and available.

You will get through this and we are here for you! So sorry I missed this till last night. HUGS to both of you. Huge ones.

Thanks for the offer on the points trade, our lives are just too iffy at this point to involve other peoples points. But I appreciate the thought.

Wow... I missed your updates over the weekend, but that is some horrible news. I'm so sorry to hear about Fran. It's definitely a disappointment that you had to cancel your trip because of it, but it sounds like Fran just needs to focus on getting herself better. It doesn't seem like that's going to happen very quickly either with the way your dr. appointments are going.

I hope things go smoothly from here though and that she recovers as quickly as possible.

Yeah, it's disappointing, but what else are we going to do. I'm not going to risk her health and make her more miserable.

Yeah, I just hate living through the parts when it's not normal.

Amen to that Sista

I need to get a massage.

So we’re part way through the cancellation process. I have canceled the Cruise, I have canceled the Wilderness Lodge Reservation, the points are now listed at David’s Vacation Rentals. The only upside to this whole thing is that I have the potential to put $3500+ in my wallet if they are all rented.

What’s still left to do is cancel the following:

• Grocery Delivery
  • Transportation from VWL to the Port
  • ADRs
  • Hoop de Doo
  • Behind the Seeds tour
I’m holding off on canceling the ADRs because Jim is still going on the trip. He is going to crash in the room with his son’s family, and they might possibly want to take one or two of my ADRs. There are five of them and one is a toddler and I made all the reservations for four thinking that Jim’s partner was coming on the trip six months ago.

Because Jim is still traveling to WDW, this means that he won’t have enough money to make a second trip this year. He has had some extensive dental work this year which has depleted his savings, so “Sharing the Disney Magic with Naked Jim” is going to have to wait until about the same time next year. I won’t be able to book the Wilderness Lodge for a week at 11 months because I used up all my points with this trip and then renting them out to a friend. Now I can only afford four weeknights in Dream season (May 1-June 10) at 11 months, so the remaining nights will need to be at SSR at least until the 7 month booking window opens.

Since we are going on a Mississippi River Cruise in March, I thought it would be better to put a little more time inbetween that trip and our WDW trip with Jim. Besides points are still lower in May and we can make it a birthday trip for me in addition to the Flower & Garden Festival still going on.

I’m hoping to rebook another trip in the Fall or possibly Christmas and combine it with a Dream Cruise, but this time, I’m going to put the cruise in the middle of the trip and not at the end. That way instead of having post cruise depression, we’ll have a day or two at WDW, then the depression can set it.

The reason I’m not sure if I want to do the trip in October or December is that I added the 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on to our 5 night cruise in October. It is seeming more and more likely that I’ll have to cancel our 5 night B2B in May also. When I canceled the Dream Cruise yesterday, 50% of the cruise fare went back on the gift cards that we paid for it with. I have to apply to the Travel Insurance company to get the other 50% back. With a Doctor’s note saying that she has a fracture in her leg, I’m pretty sure we’ll get the money back.

Once we see the new Ortho Doctor on Tuesday, I should know whether or not we will be canceling the May cruise. If I cancel before March 31, I only have to apply to the Travel Insurance company for the 20% deposit and not 50%. At least I have one B2B to look forward to!

This also means that our trip to Indianapolis will likely be off this summer too. I haven’t purchased any airfare, just made the hotel reservation and we both signed up for the conference. There have been changes in this year’s conference in that instead of there being one band that plays the whole concert, they are splitting the groups up into two bands and each one will get to play half the concert. I don’t want to spend a couple thousand dollars, two days of airline travel, and almost a week out of my time just to play 5 numbers on a concert, especially if Fran is recovering from surgery.

Looks like my whole year has just changed drastically!

So I have a question for you all.....

My next exciting event is my 50th birthday at the VGC. Should I hijack this TR to do a TR on that or should I start another one on the DL boards? What do you folks think?

Sorry to hear that you will be canceling your upcoming trips. Hope you will be able to do those trips in the near future.

I would do your report on this thread since you are staying at the VGC during your trip in May.

Somehow I missed out on your PTR until now. I'm so sorry that Fran is having such problems. I hope everything turns out OK. Health before everything else...prayers coming your way for both of you.

I didn't have time to read through this whole thread (and I'm a little drunk) but I did look at your first post. I have to tell you that WE have those books. (The four Disney Anthologies.) They are on DDs bookshelves. We actually have TWO copies of a couple of them. The full set was mine, and I Forget but one or two DW also had!

Hope you can reschedule things after Fran gets better, and hopefully you can find a doctor that can take care of things right!

Sorry to hear that you will be canceling your upcoming trips. Hope you will be able to do those trips in the near future.

I would do your report on this thread since you are staying at the VGC during your trip in May.

Point taken! I've already stared writing how the revision will go.

I agree just change the title and use this one.

Thanks for the vote!

Somehow I missed out on your PTR until now. I'm so sorry that Fran is having such problems. I hope everything turns out OK. Health before everything else...prayers coming your way for both of you.

I didn't have time to read through this whole thread (and I'm a little drunk) but I did look at your first post. I have to tell you that WE have those books. (The four Disney Anthologies.) They are on DDs bookshelves. We actually have TWO copies of a couple of them. The full set was mine, and I Forget but one or two DW also had!

Hope you can reschedule things after Fran gets better, and hopefully you can find a doctor that can take care of things right!

Well you weren't following when we had the whole thing with the Venus ulcers. That was really bad. This actually pales in comparison on an grossness scale, but this may be worse on a treatment scale. You can do me one favor @skier_pete please take a picture of the table of contents for the "Other Lands Books" for @Flossbolna she was curious what was in those books and I'm not sure I ever ventured into that one, I was so intrigued with the Fantasy land stories, that might be the only one that I ever had my parents read to me from.

Oh Alison, what a pain. I'm sorry about having to reschedule everything :( but I'm glad Naked Jim is still going and will enjoy time with his family.

Were you able to get the same room for the second October cruise?

Hopefully Davids will be able to rent out your points and you'll be able to get the money back from the travel insurance.

No problem with the birthday TR here, whatever is easier :)

You can do me one favor @skier_pete please take a picture of the table of contents for the "Other Lands Books" for @Flossbolna she was curious what was in those books and I'm not sure I ever ventured into that one, I was so intrigued with the Fantasy land stories, that might be the only one that I ever had my parents read to me from.

We are going away for the weekend right now, but I will do this when I get back!

We are going away for the weekend right now, but I will do this when I get back!

Have a great weekend away - and I am very much looking forward to find out what is in that book! Thanks in advance!

Thanks, Alison, for thinking of me!!!:goodvibes

So we’re part way through the cancellation process. I have canceled the Cruise, I have canceled the Wilderness Lodge Reservation, the points are now listed at David’s Vacation Rentals. The only upside to this whole thing is that I have the potential to put $3500+ in my wallet if they are all rented.

What’s still left to do is cancel the following:

• Grocery Delivery
  • Transportation from VWL to the Port
  • ADRs
  • Hoop de Doo
  • Behind the Seeds tour
I’m holding off on canceling the ADRs because Jim is still going on the trip. He is going to crash in the room with his son’s family, and they might possibly want to take one or two of my ADRs. There are five of them and one is a toddler and I made all the reservations for four thinking that Jim’s partner was coming on the trip six months ago.

Because Jim is still traveling to WDW, this means that he won’t have enough money to make a second trip this year. He has had some extensive dental work this year which has depleted his savings, so “Sharing the Disney Magic with Naked Jim” is going to have to wait until about the same time next year. I won’t be able to book the Wilderness Lodge for a week at 11 months because I used up all my points with this trip and then renting them out to a friend. Now I can only afford four weeknights in Dream season (May 1-June 10) at 11 months, so the remaining nights will need to be at SSR at least until the 7 month booking window opens.

Since we are going on a Mississippi River Cruise in March, I thought it would be better to put a little more time inbetween that trip and our WDW trip with Jim. Besides points are still lower in May and we can make it a birthday trip for me in addition to the Flower & Garden Festival still going on.

I’m hoping to rebook another trip in the Fall or possibly Christmas and combine it with a Dream Cruise, but this time, I’m going to put the cruise in the middle of the trip and not at the end. That way instead of having post cruise depression, we’ll have a day or two at WDW, then the depression can set it.

The reason I’m not sure if I want to do the trip in October or December is that I added the 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on to our 5 night cruise in October. It is seeming more and more likely that I’ll have to cancel our 5 night B2B in May also. When I canceled the Dream Cruise yesterday, 50% of the cruise fare went back on the gift cards that we paid for it with. I have to apply to the Travel Insurance company to get the other 50% back. With a Doctor’s note saying that she has a fracture in her leg, I’m pretty sure we’ll get the money back.

Once we see the new Ortho Doctor on Tuesday, I should know whether or not we will be canceling the May cruise. If I cancel before March 31, I only have to apply to the Travel Insurance company for the 20% deposit and not 50%. At least I have one B2B to look forward to!

This also means that our trip to Indianapolis will likely be off this summer too. I haven’t purchased any airfare, just made the hotel reservation and we both signed up for the conference. There have been changes in this year’s conference in that instead of there being one band that plays the whole concert, they are splitting the groups up into two bands and each one will get to play half the concert. I don’t want to spend a couple thousand dollars, two days of airline travel, and almost a week out of my time just to play 5 numbers on a concert, especially if Fran is recovering from surgery.

Looks like my whole year has just changed drastically!

:hug:

I hope David's works out for you. That would be awesome.
And I look forward to hearing about what future trips you're booking.

I'm with Bret....would love to read all about your May trip.

Hi Alison. Sorry I am late to the party. I only just saw the link to the TR. On my re Fran you poor poor lambs. I am so sorry for Fran's pain, your stress and your cancelled cruise and stay. We had to cancel our May cruise on The Magic due to my sudden admission into hospital the other week. Very upsetting isn't it :-(

I will follow to see what unfolds! Get well soon lovely Fran. Kisses and hugs to you both. It's very stressful for you too , you should see the state of Jo! Xxx

I have not been here for a few days and I am impressed at all the things you have accomplished.
Looks like you have things under control.
Good thoughts and prayers at the doctor appointment on Tuesday.
Take care.
Rose

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter