Sharing the Disney Magic with Family & Friends-DL Diamond Anniversary-DCA F&W Fest Kiosks & The End!

Very interesting report. That was a generous portion of the sweet wine! Here they serve it in much smaller qualities. When I could drink I just adored a good sweet wine. When we were in your fine state we did a wine tour. A limo took us around many estates. We tasted one sweet wine that I feel for never had before and I regretted not getting it! Do you know this was the wine! I recall the story!

The amuse bouche yum. The food is wonderful. Like you say difficult to pair food with sweet wine. In the UK we call them dessert wines we only serve them with dessert.

That Duck! I want to grab it. The beef! That dessert... I am jumping into my ipad.

Great update. Love the photos of the fireworks too.

What a cool wine dinner! I don't love the super sweet wines anymore but those sound really interesting. That castle is so beautiful. Can't wait to see it soon!

Jill in CO

From our house to my parents, it is a 365 mile drive and The City is another 45 minutes to an hour from their house. The only way this was going to work was if we started driving after the dinner, stopped for the night somewhere north of Los Angeles (so we didn’t have drive through LA in rush hour traffic) and then get an early start Thursday morning so we would arrive in time to leave for the city at 4:00PM. Yikes! But evidently she wanted to go to this event bad enough to do something that crazy, and so it was done.
Seems like a good plan... I hope the next part all works out. The pre-screening of the PBS documentary would have been something that I'd have jumped all over! I was excited to finally see it when it came out.

It was a very popular wine in the 18th Century and was enjoyed at the Court of Versailles, and also by many of history’s great composers, as well as Emperors and Monarchs throughout Europe. Tokaji wine has received accolades from numerous great writers and composers including Beethoven, Liszt, Schubert, Goethe, Heinrich Heine, Friedrich von Schiller, Bram Stoker, Johann Strauss II, and Voltaire. The composer Joseph Haydn's favorite wine was Tokaji.
So... yeah, this really puts it into perspective about how long this wine has been around and how highly it is regarded.

They were offering purchases of the wines that evening. Needless to say we did not buy any bottles. I will say, especially if you are not a fan of wines, these are VERY accessible wines. They are all sweet and late harvest style, hence the costly nature of the wines. But if someone else is buying, I would say that you shouldn’t pass up the opportunity try these wines of royalty!
Wow. Definitely a little bit above my price range. I'm not even a big fan of wine to begin with. I'll stick which choking down a $10 bottle from a local winery if I feel the need to drink wine.

That dinner looked amazing. I can understand why Fran was so keen to attend this even though it through a spanner in the works in terms of your other plans.

She is a HUGE fan of sweet wines.

I am with her on that.

A Trockenbeerenauslese has a 150-154 measure of residual sugar. This is about the sweetest of German wines.

I think that honour goes to Eiswein. I quite like Trockenbeerenauslese, but Eiswein is a bit too much for me.

The Hungarian Eszencia has a measure of over 450.

I think the technical term for this is syrup ;-)

This was so good, the combination of cheese, peaches and honey comb all together was the perfect balance for this ultra sweet wine!

This looks and sounds absolutely delicious.

I loved the nearly empty park photos.

Corinna

What a great evening with dinner and wine tasting. All of the food and wine looks very nice.

Very nice of the pics at DL during the Halloween season that night.

What a delightful dinner, I understand why Fran wanted to go. The only wine I have ever enjoyed was a raspberry wine, so I think I might have enjoyed this event. Did you like the one that was paired with the dessert? I'm glad you were able to make it work :)

The park at night is so pretty!!!

I love your reports. You explain things well and also include beautiful pics. Thanks for the wine history, too.
Excellent update !

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy my details! It makes me happy, I actually researched it after the event to write this. I don't take very good notes when I'm drinking wine and it helps to have Wikipediea to supplement what I remember they said!

Beautifully presented wine dinner! I don't LOVE late harvest wines so much- a bit too sweet for me, but it looks like it was all paired well and delicious. I"m one of those weirdos who actually like caviar in MODERATION! And believe it or not, I inherited some mother-of-pearl spoons, but never knew what they were for! WHO KNEW!?

Lovely update!

Well I'm glad that I could help you figure out what to use your Mother Of Pearl spoons for. After you get your nursing degree buy some caviar an celebrate since you like it!

Yes please send me some links to your concerts!! I played a mini concert this evening at an assisted living place in town. Just the string ensemble. (I play viola with them.) This Sat and Sun is our little community theater's concert. I'll be playing with the string ensemble and then French horn with the brass ensemble and clarinet in the band. Clarinet, just like Fran! Some where I saw a picture of the two of you on stage like before a concert. All dressed up. Your band must be so good! I can't wait to hear you!

What a cool dinner/wine tasting. Very interesting. Who knew you could mess up the taste of fish eggs!

And yes, please let me know if you start listing stuff on e-bay.

I will try to send you those listings, this stuff I have aluded to on the other TR with to busy, and I keep forgetting when I am at home. Then there are times like now when I am too tired to find the links. I know they are easy to find, but I'm tired and am not exactly sure where to look.

What a great dinner and wine tasting! I totally get why Fran wanted to go.

Awesome pictures of a near empty park on the way out. Love the Halloween touches.

Thanks! Yeah, the wines were pretty exceptional.

loved the report from your dinner!! The food looks amazing and I have had Tokaj before. My father was in Hungary once on some kind of official function and was given a set of small bottles of different varieties of those wines. I think there was one that was 15 years fermented or so. They were amazing, more like a grape liqueur than a wine.

Yes, I'm sure it was like a liqueur except that the wines only have a tiny alcohol content. It's kind of crazy, they were so good. Anyways I'm glad I had the experience to try them. I'm glad you have tried them as well. They are interesting and tasty. They are now on the menu at a special restaurant so we can have them if we want.

Last edited:

What an awesome meal!! Tokaji is pretty well known around here, even though I have to admit I do not really like it. But then I only have a handful of wines I really enjoy. :rotfl2:
I still need to catch up on your other trip. Guess it's time for it now. ;)

Oh my gosh! I haven't really been on here in a while and sat down this evening with my first thought being "I hope there's a franandaj trip report!" Click to this section et voila :) Now to read!!

About two months ago, we had plans to go out with friends for dinner and see the fireworks, but his plans changed on the spot and that morning we got a call that he was flying out at 4PM and wouldn’t be able to make dinner. Our choice was to cancel and pay a $50 per person cancellation fee, or have just the two of us go to dinner, and pay about $200 for our dinner. So what the heck we decided to go have dinner by ourselves!

Here I am having my favorite Martini.

And Fran’s Margarita

Our Amuse Bouche was a Citrus crusted Hamachi with cream cheese

I started off the Prime New York of Beef Seared Black and Blue with Tarragon Roasted Garlic Puree. It was rather tasty and a nice sized portion.

Fran ordered the Cornbread Crusted Chanterelle Mushrooms with Salsify Puree and Chimichurri

Our next course we both ordered the same thing. It was a seasonal item and also new to the menu. Yellow Tomato Gazpacho and with a sorbet (can’t remember the flavor). We both liked this, but found the sorbet a tiny bit out of place in the dish.

Since I liked it so much when we dined with Magdalene, I ordered this one again. Iron Seared Fish with Crayfish Hoppin John and Potato Leek Stew. This was cooked to perfection and again a perfectly sized portion.

We got the palate cleanser next and I really enjoyed this too, it was sort of a lemon sorbetish flavor.

For the Main Entrée, I always have a hard time resisting a piece of lamb when it is on the menu and tonight was no exception.

Fran on the other hand tends to go for the filet, which is interesting since her real preferred cut is a rib eye, either way both entrée’s were quite good and neither one of us regretted our choices.

I got the cheese course and it was really good! They have stepped up their portions enough here that I gave some of it to Fran in case I couldn’t eat my dessert.

For dessert I got some sort of peach tart deconstructed. I don’t remember exactly what it was (or most of this I am constructing from previous visits or memory, teach me not to take a photo of the menu!). But I do remember that it was really good and light, but also satisfying as a dessert.

Fran got the same thing we had about a month and a half before, totally decadent chocolate cake doused with other chocolate and served with cappuccino ice cream, I think.

After that we went to watch the fireworks, but first took a picture.

After the fireworks (go back a few pages or 10 if you want to see pictures) we took a few pictures inside the Grand Californian hotel. I had just got this new dress, it’s based on art from Mary Blair and wanted to get some pictures. Hoping for possibly a new FB photo or something.

And then we headed home. I think by this point it was close to midnight and were tired!

Dinner looked amazing, all that food pron, but honey that dress and you are gorgeous.

A couple weeks later, Fran wanted to do some shopping. I don’t know what we were thinking because it was Labor Day and it was HOT! But we were hankering for a corn dog, so we headed down Main Street to the little Red Wagon. We split up, I think Fran stopped at the Disneyana Store while I went ahead to get in line. But when I got there, the Red Wagon was closed because it was too hot, and there were CMs directing us back to the Stage Door Café for a Corn Dog. I remember trying to text and call Fran to tell her that I would be waiting in the Air Conditioned Photo Store, but she never picked up. Eventually she showed up and we reconnected and headed over to get our Corn Dogs. They were quite yummy

The park was realty busy. We couldn’t even find a table, so we just parked our scooters here and ate right there.

The line for the stage door café was out the door!

We did some shopping at Star Traders and a I really wanted a chocolate milk shake. However everywhere that we went there were huge lines and crowds. So we tucked into a little out of the way spot for some air conditioning and a cold beverage.

My adult chocolate shake.

And this is us on our way out of the park with our loot.

We got stuck in some traffic due to an accident on the Freeway, and didn’t make it home until after dark. Luckily, the cats were not eaten by coyotes!

Those boxes.... lots of shopping I see. So how was the adult chocolate drink, what was in it?

I'm going to apologize to anyone who I have not yet visited or commented on your thread. It's been a crazy week and a half since I got home from my parent's house. But it's all first world problems, so I really can't complain. After I get caught up on posting on everyone's thread, I'll give an update on the cruise thread of what's been going on, and have another update there. I need to get that one wrapped up as I leave on another trip in 18 days! Plus the first world time problems I've been having means I have a TON more stuff to post over here! One more update that is pre cruise and then I can share what's been going on for the last week!

Our next little trip to Disney was not supposed to happen. It was Wednesday, two days after Labor Day and we were supposed to be driving to my parent’s house that day. I’m not sure what came over Fran, but she decided that we were going to a Wine Dinner that night. Normally it would have been fine to alter our plans, but my mother had purchased tickets for a special prescreening of the Walt Disney Documentary that they aired last September on PBS. It was being held on Thursday at the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco and it started at 5:30PM.

From our house to my parents, it is a 365 mile drive and The City is another 45 minutes to an hour from their house. The only way this was going to work was if we started driving after the dinner, stopped for the night somewhere north of Los Angeles (so we didn’t have drive through LA in rush hour traffic) and then get an early start Thursday morning so we would arrive in time to leave for the city at 4:00PM. Yikes! But evidently she wanted to go to this event bad enough to do something that crazy, and so it was done.

The dinner was with the Royal Tokaji Winery which is a Hungarian Wine Producing region.

It has a very interesting history. From Wikipedia

Tokaji wine became the subject of the world's first appellation control, established several decades before Port wine, and over 120 years before the classification of Bordeaux. In 1920, following the fall of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, a small part of the Tokaj wine region (approx. 1.75 km²) became part of Czechoslovakia due to the Treaty of Trianon, while the rest remained part of Hungary. After World War II, when Hungary became a Soviet-influenced state, Tokaji production continued with as many as 6,000 small producers, but the bottling and distribution were monopolized by the state-owned organization. Since the collapse of the communist regimes in 1990, a number of independent wineries have been established in the Tokaj wine region. A state-owned producer continues to exist and handles approximately 20% of the overall production.

It was a very popular wine in the 18th Century and was enjoyed at the Court of Versailles, and also by many of history’s great composers, as well as Emperors and Monarchs throughout Europe. Tokaji wine has received accolades from numerous great writers and composers including Beethoven, Liszt, Schubert, Goethe, Heinrich Heine, Friedrich von Schiller, Bram Stoker, Johann Strauss II, and Voltaire. The composer Joseph Haydn's favorite wine was Tokaji.

But back to our evening.

We were served a cocktail made with the wine.

And an amuse bouche, and oops my bad. A couple weeks ago we ate at the same restaurant and I said that the Amuse Bouche was a Citrus crusted Hamachi with cream cheese, when that’s actually what we had tonight!

This is the wine that was used in the cocktail. We also had a glass of the wine.

This gentleman gave us a history of the region (similar to what I found on Wikipedia) before we had our dinner.

These were some of the wines that we would be enjoying over the course of the evening.

They were offering purchases of the wines that evening. Needless to say we did not buy any bottles. I will say, especially if you are not a fan of wines, these are VERY accessible wines. They are all sweet and late harvest style, hence the costly nature of the wines. But if someone else is buying, I would say that you shouldn’t pass up the opportunity try these wines of royalty!

The first course was not listed on the menu. It included caviar over a bed of creamy mashed potatoes. I’m not a big caviar person, but the potatoes! They were to die for! We were given a mother of pearl spoon to eat the caviar because evidently if you eat it with metal it might impart an undesirable flavor. I know, I know some of you are thinking, “they’re fish eggs? How could they have a desirable flavor?” But I’m just going with what they told us.

Here is the entire dish that it was served with. I’m not sure why it was in such a big bowl filled with salt for such a tiny serving in the middle.

Here’s the wine we paired it with.

And a close up of the caviar.

There was this little potato cake on the side of the plate, it was really good.

But see how creamy the mashed potatoes underneath it were?

This was the wine we had with the first course listed on the menu.

It was a Last of Summer Garden Melon and Goat Feta Cheese salad with Virginia Ham and Arugula. I have to say the flavors here were really tasty and went very well with the wine.

Our next course was a Roasted Maple Leaf Farms Duck Breast, stuffed Grape Leaf and Brown Butter Pan Sauce. This was exquisite!

I don’t have a picture of the wine paired with it, but I showed you all the wines that we would be drinking earlier. And by the way, if you think we might have been getting drunk at all tonight. With the prices of these bottles? They were pouring barely an ounce per glass, maybe 1 ½ but wine pairings are normally a standard 2 ½ ounce pour, but not these, not even close.

Our Main Course was a Filet Mignon Paprikash with Suzie’s Farms Pepper and Golden Raising Freekah. They told us when this dish was served that they were trying to prepare “twists” on standard Hungarian dishes and this was their modern take on a “pepper steak”. It was also very good!

Our last dish was dessert. It was an interesting dessert as it combined aspects of sweet and savory. Since all the wines were very sweet for the entire evening, it was quite a challenge to pair meals with them. I figured out about halfway through dinner why Fran wanted to come to this dinner so much. She is a HUGE fan of sweet wines.

Our dessert wine deserves a little explanation. Now throughout the night our host was telling stories, either that or the chef was explaining the next dish, but none of those really bear repeating and I don’t really remember anyways. But this story is rather interesting and I can’t even find it anywhere on the Internet, so who knows if it’s true! :laughing: This wine is incredibly high in residual sugars. So much so that it can be stored over 200 years and not spoil. To put this in perspective, I’m going to use German wines as it’s the best one I know and I have some folks of German descent reading along. A Trockenbeerenauslese has a 150-154 measure of residual sugar. This is about the sweetest of German wines. The Hungarian Eszencia has a measure of over 450. And because of this is can only be drank in small quantities hence the serving vessel.

The story behind this wine, is slightly fuzzy to me as it was over two months ago, but I’ll give it my best shot. The wine was created in the 1600's completely by accident. The region was a wine growing region, however during the harvest season somewhere in the mid 1600s the region was under attack. There was no time to complete the harvest so they just left the berries in their 37 gallon barrels and headed off for war. When they came back they were sure that the harvest had been ruined. Instead they found a delectable sticky juice that had formed at the bottom of the barrel. According to Royal Tokaji’s website, “This juice that accumulates at the bottom of a vat by the gentle pressure of the grapes’ own weight is sticky and pours like rich honey. Because sugar levels can be as high as 85 percent, the juice ferments extremely slowly; it took the 2003 Essencia seven years in Royal Tokaji’s cellars to reach only 2.23 percent alcohol.” This was the vintage that we were served.

Our dessert was Crispy Robiolina with Stewed Peaches and Honey Comb. I have to assume that the Robiolina was the rolled cheese on the plate here. This was so good, the combination of cheese, peaches and honey comb all together was the perfect balance for this ultra sweet wine!

And that was it. We didn’t stay to purchase any wines, and really had to get going as we had a good 60 or more miles to drive once we got back home. Besides due to events of the day I still hadn’t even loaded the car up for the drive north!

That wine region sounds very interesting, and the food presented along with it and the pairing I find exciting. I love caviar (back when I ate those kind of things), when we were in Russia, they served it with porcelain spoons. Have you been able to find those wine in your local stores? If the price point was lower would you buy them? Just asking it is worth me to look for them?

Very interesting report. That was a generous portion of the sweet wine! Here they serve it in much smaller qualities. When I could drink I just adored a good sweet wine. When we were in your fine state we did a wine tour. A limo took us around many estates. We tasted one sweet wine that I feel for never had before and I regretted not getting it! Do you know this was the wine! I recall the story!

Hmmmm I was thinking the portions were really small! I'm glad you enjoyed your tour of our state!

The amuse bouche yum. The food is wonderful. Like you say difficult to pair food with sweet wine. In the UK we call them dessert wines we only serve them with dessert.

Normally I think these wines are only served as dessert wines. They did mention that it was a challenge to pair them with dinner.

That Duck! I want to grab it. The beef! That dessert... I am jumping into my ipad.

Great update. Love the photos of the fireworks too.

It all sounds really good right now! Thank goodness that it's a holiday and we have a big meal planned.

What a cool wine dinner! I don't love the super sweet wines anymore but those sound really interesting. That castle is so beautiful. Can't wait to see it soon!

Jill in CO

I'm not a huge fan of the super sweet wines either, but I could appreciate them for what they are. I was glad to have tried them.

Seems like a good plan... I hope the next part all works out. The pre-screening of the PBS documentary would have been something that I'd have jumped all over! I was excited to finally see it when it came out.

It was really neat. Floyd Norman was there and we got to speak with him at great length in the preshow reception. He was such a nice man and so neat to talk with him. It was interesting to see some of the clips in advances and hear the people in the film talk about them.

So... yeah, this really puts it into perspective about how long this wine has been around and how highly it is regarded.

Yup, sure does!

Wow. Definitely a little bit above my price range. I'm not even a big fan of wine to begin with. I'll stick which choking down a $10 bottle from a local winery if I feel the need to drink wine.

I'm a fan of wine, but it doesn't have to be pricey for me to enjoy it. I can appreciate a good wine, and on a day like today we will enjoy some very nice bottles of wine with our dinner, but for the most part, I'm OK with a $5 bottle of wine. Unless I'm celebrating something special, mostly my wine comes out of a box!

That dinner looked amazing. I can understand why Fran was so keen to attend this even though it through a spanner in the works in terms of your other plans.

It all worked out so that was good.

I am with her on that.

:thumbsup2

I think that honour goes to Eiswein. I quite like Trockenbeerenauslese, but Eiswein is a bit too much for me.

I like Eiswein, but in small doses and with a dessert.

I think the technical term for this is syrup ;-)

I think that's what they called.

This looks and sounds absolutely delicious.

I loved the nearly empty park photos.

It was delicious and I love being the park when it is nearly empty.

What a great evening with dinner and wine tasting. All of the food and wine looks very nice.

Very nice of the pics at DL during the Halloween season that night.

It was a great evening. Halloween season at the park is great! Now it's all decked out for Christmas, but you know that of course.

What a delightful dinner, I understand why Fran wanted to go. The only wine I have ever enjoyed was a raspberry wine, so I think I might have enjoyed this event. Did you like the one that was paired with the dessert? I'm glad you were able to make it work :)

The park at night is so pretty!!!

I enjoyed all the wines, I just wished that they would have poured slightly larger glasses!

What an awesome meal!! Tokaji is pretty well known around here, even though I have to admit I do not really like it. But then I only have a handful of wines I really enjoy. :rotfl2:
I still need to catch up on your other trip. Guess it's time for it now. ;)

I would imagine it would be well known since the region is relatively close to you. I've rarely met a wine that I didn't enjoy!

Caught up again. Everything looks tasty.

Glad you're keeping up!

Oh my gosh! I haven't really been on here in a while and sat down this evening with my first thought being "I hope there's a franandaj trip report!" Click to this section et voila :) Now to read!!

:welcome: I hope that you have been enjoying! This report has been quite full of ups and downs!

Dinner looked amazing, all that food pron, but honey that dress and you are gorgeous.

Thank you. :blush:

Those boxes.... lots of shopping I see. So how was the adult chocolate drink, what was in it?

The adult chocolate shake was awesome. It had chocolate sauce, vanilla ice cream, Bailey's, Vodka, and a couple other liquers.

That wine region sounds very interesting, and the food presented along with it and the pairing I find exciting. I love caviar (back when I ate those kind of things), when we were in Russia, they served it with porcelain spoons. Have you been able to find those wine in your local stores? If the price point was lower would you buy them? Just asking it is worth me to look for them?

I haven't looked for them in the stores. There are plenty of other wines that I would go for before those, only because they are so expensive, and I could find a wine from California that would be almost as tasty, but much less costly.

I had one more day at Disney before we left on our cruise. Corinna had a coast to coast Disney trip planned and we had planned to spend a day tripping around the parks. She had several friends in Southern California who also wanted to come along and I had a DIS friend who was going to be visiting the parks that same week, so we all decided to spend the day touring the parks together. We all met in the lobby of the Grand Californian since that was the easiest thing to do, and set out on our day.

Our first ride was The Little Mermaid and I only had my point and shoot camera that day. It made me painfully aware of why I needed a good dark ride lens. Next we hustled our bustles over to TSMM and rode that one as well. Still a beaver.

We headed on over to Radiator Springs Racers and finally got a few shots with the group of us.

It was a lovely day.

And we got Ramon’s side.

Sadly this was the only shot that I got of all of us that day.

The rest of the bunch went on Mader’s Junkyard Jamboree while I sat it out. The spinning kind of gets to me. It was actually a pretty light day in the parks. I can say this because I was just there three days ago and it was WAY more crowded than this!

We went on Monster’s Ince, and then saw the Aladdin show. After that it was time for lunch. We ate at Smokejumpers Grill. I had a cheeseburger and cole slaw. While it is not my first choice (burgers are something I can have anywhere), it wasn’t bad at all. In fact they have one of those “salad bar toppings bar” where you can make a salad out of the lettuce, onion, and tomatoes. They even had Thousand Island dressing and you didn’t have to make your own from mayo, ketchup and relish!

Another former DISer was in the park that day. He is now only on facebook and has moved his TRs to a private forum. Sadly I just can’t seem to find the time to hop to private forums. I barely have time to keep up on the DIS so I haven’t been following his reports any longer. It’s too bad, I used to enjoy his picture skills and commentary.

Then we hopped over to Disneyland and started off with Buzz Lightyear’s Astro Blasters..

I suck at this one too.

Then we went on Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy.

Then over to BTMRR.

And then we did the HM with the overlay.

And after that we all pretty much hit the wall. Going from ride to ride like that is really exhausting and we decided that we needed to just chill and relax, it had been a pretty hot day and we were done with rides. It was necessary for a couple of us to pick up these really cute popcorn buckets.

And then we needed to really chill. Corinna and I both had a Diamond Martini, she went with Gin, I went with Vodka. I also needed the Ibuprofen you see here.

I know one of these is a Hurricane, and hopefully Denise will chime in with what she ordered.

I had been wanting to try this meal for a while and I knew that I could coax Corinna into it as she is a meat and potatoes kind of gal. It turns out that almost everyone in our party ended up ordering this either splitting it or for themselves. I brought home half of it for Fran and she enjoyed it as well. I can say that this was a tasty way to finish off the evening.

I believe we all left the park and said our goodbyes, but several of us had plans to meet back up. This next part is not Disney related, but I’m going to share the food porn as it was a fun night with some of the same friends from the Disney day.

The plan for this night was launched about a year ago when PIO and her family visited. She and I both posted about our visit to the Melting Pot and Corinna was more than interested, this was something that she really fancied, but her husband would not really get on board with. Since this was a “girls only” sort of trip we decided to plan a trip to the Melting Pot. She had also wanted to visit my house since we have a little bit of Disney touches to our house so she found a bus that took her directly from Disney to a location very near our house. I’m glad to know that there is a bus that is that quick and direct from here to there.

We spent some time at the house while she bonded with our cats, checked out the artwork and other stuff, and generally enjoyed each other’s company chatting and the like before we left for dinner.

Our first course included cheese, bread, apples, celery, carrots, cauliflower and did I say cheese?

[/URL
]

Then we got our salad. I think I might have paid an upcharge for the wedge salad, but maybe not.

This was the regular garden salad

And the Caesar salad

Then we got the main course, we got one pot of oil and a pot of bouillon.

I don’t remember who got which entrée, but everyone got something with a bunch of choices. I think this first one was mine as I was not interested in a ton different meats and stuff.

They also brought these bowls of potatoes and veggies, we could have as many of these as we wanted and I think we asked for one or two extra. They were really good and added to the meats nicely.

Then for dessert we got to choose chocolate items to be melted in the pots. This is what they brought us to dip in the chocolate.

I don’t remember exactly what we chose for our two different chocolate offerings, but they were both awesome and we thoroughly
enjoyed our meal.

And that was the conclusion of our wonderful night out. We dropped Corinna off at the hotel on our way home and bade goodbye. She had a few more days and a Halloween party to attend, but that was our last time to visit until next May when we hope to see her again!

That is nice that you were able to hang out with Corrina, her friends and a DIS friend when she was in town. You really did quite a lot of different rides at the DLR. Very nice pictures from that day.

Melting Pot looks like a very nice place to eat at. What a great day to be at the parks and eating at the Melting Pot.

Your meet up that day looks really packed and got a lot accomplished! Looks like you had the VIP tour guide as well? Such a nice treat with all 4 of you to get everything done!

The diamond martini looks awesome! Melting Pot is such a nice treat - I'm glad you were able to take Corrina with you since she hadn't been able to enjoy it before! So much food!

It was so nice of you to let Daphne and me tag along with you on the VIP tour!! Very impressive!! Here are a couple of my pictures from that day.

That was a chocolate martini that I had at Club 33.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!