Sharing some pics of Knockturn Alley

clearskies

DIS Veteran
Hi, I thought I would share some pics of Knockturn Alley that I took on my last trip. This place is evil...in that the lighting is so darned dark that it is really tough to photograph. I was longing for a tripod but made do without. Enjoy.

Knockturn01 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

Knockturn02 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

Knockturn03 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

Knockturn04 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

Knockturn05 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

Knockturn06 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

Knockturn07 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

Knockturn08 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

Knockturn09 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

Knockturn10 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

Knockturn11 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

Knockturn12 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

Knockturn13 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

Knockturn14 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

Knockturn15 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

Knockturn17 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

Knockturn16 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

Knockturn18 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

Knockturn19 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

Knockturn20 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

Knockturn21 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

Knockturn22 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

Knockturn23 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

Knockturn24 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

Knockturn25 by clearskiesnj, on Flickr

continued in next post....

Gorgeous photos! You're a very talented photographer,and you've captured Knockturn Alley beautifully!

These are fabulous! Thanks for sharing!! I've rarely seen good photos of Knockturn Alley so these were a real treat :dogdance::dogdance:

Beautiful photos of such a wonderfully themed area. Thank you for sharing. The photos are gorgeous.

Great pictures. You have an eye for interesting shots. Well done.

My 8-year-old boy who LOVES Harry Potter and isn't afraid of any rollercoaster anywhere, is scared to go to Knockturn Alley... I'm not sure if these wonderful pics will help or hurt in persuading him. :) I'M excited to go!

Wow!! I have been through there a lot of times... but your pictures brought me to a place that I could never experience with all the people around. Thanks.. felt like I was walking through the dark alley alone!!

I'm thinking of replacing my Canon DSLR soon.....what camera (and lens/lenses) did you use for your photos above??

Thank you all for you comments :goodvibes

For those who asked, the camera that I used is a Canon 5DMKIII. It does a fantastic job when I need to bump up my ISO for dark areas. I think most of these pics were taken at ISO 4000. The camera body alone though won't do the job in the really dark places. It needs to get paired up with a lens that opens up to a very large aperture. My "go to" lens for dark rides and what I used mostly here was a canon 35mm 1.4 lens. Unfortunately, the camera body + lens are not cheap and they will set you back a bit. Hope that helps.

I have a 60D and a 50mm 1.4. I'll definitely take that with me. Jealous of your MKIII

Thank you all for you comments :goodvibes

For those who asked, the camera that I used is a Canon 5DMKIII. It does a fantastic job when I need to bump up my ISO for dark areas. I think most of these pics were taken at ISO 4000. The camera body alone though won't do the job in the really dark places. It needs to get paired up with a lens that opens up to a very large aperture. My "go to" lens for dark rides and what I used mostly here was a canon 35mm 1.4 lens. Unfortunately, the camera body + lens are not cheap and they will set you back a bit. Hope that helps.

AthenaBolina, that is a great camera body and lens. You should be able to capture some awesome pictures. Best of luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!