Sharing campgrounds

c1v23

Earning My Ears
Hello. I just registered, but I have been reading the posts and replies for about a year now. So let me start by saying thank you to everyone who has shared info. I have learned alot. I am very excited because my son and I will be at Ft. Wilderness for one night in Dec ( 23rd) just to get an idea of what it's like (little 2 person tent. lol). We are hoping to find someone called Dave "the castle guy" that people have talked about on this site. Anyways, if everything goes well I am hoping we will be back in March around the 17th or 18th for 4 or 5 days with my other son and his friend. I was wondering what the guidelines for sharing a campground with another family is (if any). I mean, it says the site can have upto 10 people and 2 tents or a tent and a pop up, so since there would be only 4 of us, I figured I would try to find someone else who would want to share the site and cost of the site. Also, from what I have read here, there seems to be a shortage of tent sites, so it seems like a good idea from that stand point, also. Anyways, I know I have seen people posting on this site, but how does Disney view this, or do they even care? And for anyone who has posted on here for sharing, what were the results. Did anyone reply and if so, did everything go smoothly? Anyways, thank you. Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. And we will be wearing our lime green while there on Dec 23rd. :thumbsup2

:welcome::disrocks: Welcome to the DIS Camping Board.

Basically, you've got it right.

You can have two tents/10 people max. Sharing a site is not a problem if everyone knows and gets along with each other. We've had some epic threads thru the years of complete strangers wanting to share a site/cost but with some, shall we say, weird stipulations. :rolleyes: You never know who you might end up with. I understand it cuts your cost in half but you are rolling the dice and might possibly ruin your vacation. I would recommend only sharing a site with someone you know well. The alternative is to go with just your party and shorten it to 2-3 nights. Of course, Disney only cares/deals with the one individual who is responsible for paying for the site.

Your upcoming overnighter this month will give you a chance to look around to plan for your March trip. The sites in loop 2000 are the biggest. I wouldn't say there is a shortage of tent sites. Tents can go in 100-300, 1500-2000 loops and there are lots of sites in those loops (Partials, Preferred, and Full sites). I think the trick is if you want TWO tents on a site. Then the sites with the bigger coquina/sand pads are the issue.

Whatever you end up with, have the size of your tent(s) added to your reservation information. That way the Fort assigner will ensure you get one big enough.

Dave The Castle Guy is awesome and has a thread going on this board. I think he is in loop 700 if IIRC.

Ho Ho Ho and enjoy your quick trip next week. :santa:

Bama ED

Epic...omg i almost forgot about that one...lol:lmao::rotfl2:
Thanks bama ed and Merry Christmas

Sharing a site is not a problem. Sharing it with strangers might be a problem. Disney doesn't care who occupies a site, so long as it is paid for and the people follow the rules.

I would suppose the size of the site would be important too and who owns what with regards to what they're staying in- a bus sized camper would dwarf a pup tent!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter