shareing a room at POP, with my adult son and his GF

I probably wouldn't feel comfortable doing this and would want my own room.

Also, you mentioned July 4th trip and MNSSHP, I just wanted to point out that those don't happen at the same time of year (unless you were talking about two different trips and I missed it).

I wouldn't: those rooms are extremely small. You open the door and the end of the bed is right there.

So we are going to POP for our July 4th trip( and MNSSHP). So this will be the first trip for my ds gf, and the first time we will have share a room with more then just me and him. So of you parents out there, that have gone with there sons or daughters and there GF,BF or Husband or wife, how did that go with sharing a room?. Is it to awkward, is it worth the extra money to get my own room, don't really would have the extra dollars, but if it makes the time better i will do it. So how did your trips go with shearing a room.

Are you the Dad or Mom?

I can do 2 in a room at Pop but more than that and I'm very uncomfortable.

I think since there's a girlfriend involved, you might be more comfortable getting your own room if you can swing it.

Otherwise just make the best of it. There is a nice curtain between the sinks and the bedroom that will help with getting ready in the morning.

I probably wouldn't feel comfortable doing this and would want my own room.

Also, you mentioned July 4th trip and MNSSHP, I just wanted to point out that those don't happen at the same time of year (unless you were talking about two different trips and I missed it).

Maybe she meant Star Wars weekend. Is that still going on during July 4?

Maggie

I wouldn't even consider it, I really like my privacy.
Op, has your son discussed this w/ his girlfriend? How do they feel about it?

We did this last May when my son, his girlfriend, and I went. But we are really comfortable around each other. When we camp, if it is raining, we all use our trailer which is not any bigger than a hotel room. I have vacationed with my mother-in-law and family and shared a room...we have also gotten two rooms when we had the money to spend. It is nice to have your own bathroom. I think it all depends on, like the above posters said, how comfortable you all are about this.

I got back from Disney last week and my group was in the same situation that you are in. On the trip it was my mother, girlfriend, and myself so I volunteered to sleep on the floor while in the Pop and the couch while in the Polynesian so that there would be no awkwardness. I knew that my mom would be uncomfortable with us sleeping together so I just volunteered so that everyone would be comfortable. It really depends on how close all of you are but I would just talk about it with your son and his girlfriend to hash it all out if you are worried about it.

I would not have any problems with it, I would just make sure the GF has no issues. My DW and I have been on vacation with my MIL and had no issues. We even stayed at POP with my sister and her DD(16) and we had a lot of fun, I truly believe it is what you make out of the situation whether or not you will enjoy yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!