shareing a room at POP, with my adult son and his GF

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by seadd67, Dec 26, 2012.

1. lurkernj

lurkernj DIS Veteran

I probably wouldn't feel comfortable doing this and would want my own room.

Also, you mentioned July 4th trip and MNSSHP, I just wanted to point out that those don't happen at the same time of year (unless you were talking about two different trips and I missed it).

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Eastern

Eastern DIS Veteran

I wouldn't: those rooms are extremely small. You open the door and the end of the bed is right there.

4. bdklein

bdklein DIS Veteran

Are you the Dad or Mom?

5. GaSleepingBeautyFan

GaSleepingBeautyFan DIS Veteran

I can do 2 in a room at Pop but more than that and I'm very uncomfortable.

I think since there's a girlfriend involved, you might be more comfortable getting your own room if you can swing it.

Otherwise just make the best of it. There is a nice curtain between the sinks and the bedroom that will help with getting ready in the morning.

6. maggiew

maggiew If she hates to be wet, then how does the survive

Maybe she meant Star Wars weekend. Is that still going on during July 4?

Maggie

7. LuvLDM

LuvLDM DIS Veteran

I wouldn't even consider it, I really like my privacy.
    Op, has your son discussed this w/ his girlfriend? How do they feel about it?

8. Mousemom

Mousemom DIS Veteran

We did this last May when my son, his girlfriend, and I went. But we are really comfortable around each other. When we camp, if it is raining, we all use our trailer which is not any bigger than a hotel room. I have vacationed with my mother-in-law and family and shared a room...we have also gotten two rooms when we had the money to spend. It is nice to have your own bathroom. I think it all depends on, like the above posters said, how comfortable you all are about this.

9. ruckelc

ruckelc Earning My Ears

I got back from Disney last week and my group was in the same situation that you are in. On the trip it was my mother, girlfriend, and myself so I volunteered to sleep on the floor while in the Pop and the couch while in the Polynesian so that there would be no awkwardness. I knew that my mom would be uncomfortable with us sleeping together so I just volunteered so that everyone would be comfortable. It really depends on how close all of you are but I would just talk about it with your son and his girlfriend to hash it all out if you are worried about it.

10. buzznina

buzznina DIS Veteran

I would not have any problems with it, I would just make sure the GF has no issues. My DW and I have been on vacation with my MIL and had no issues. We even stayed at POP with my sister and her DD(16) and we had a lot of fun, I truly believe it is what you make out of the situation whether or not you will enjoy yourself.