Shanghai Disney Cruise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Rogillio, Feb 5, 2013.

1. holula

holula DIS Veteran

A cruise that stops at all three Disney parks in Asia would be a win for me! Well, I could skip HK. ;) I would rather have the cruise START in Toyko though, the park in HK you can do in a day. Tokyo has two parks therefore would want two days...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. maria-fan-22

maria-fan-22 DIS Veteran

That's true. I had forgotten about having two Tokyo Parks, FOr some reason Hong Kong just seemed like a good place to start. But the itineraries I came up with can be re-arranged to start/end in Tokyo… The sea days should all be the same… pirate:

4. SnowWhite2

SnowWhite2 DIS Veteran

On our NYE Fantasy cruise, Captain Tom talked about a cruise in Asia during the Castaway Reception as a possibility. No prompting on the cruisers part, he offered the info. He also talked about Hawaii and how well that worked and he also mentioned Bermuda briefly.

5. super mike b

super mike b DIS Veteran

We would do all of the above! (And the repo's too!) :thumbsup2

6. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

Did he mention any time frame, as in next year, or maybe in 5 years?

7. SnowWhite2

SnowWhite2 DIS Veteran

I didn't get the impression that Asia was close to launching. Bermuda was just a passing comment. I would bet good money on Hawaii again soon and more often.

8. SuperDry

SuperDry DIS Veteran

Not true. They have an exception for air travelers on a connecting flight through Beijing or Shanghai (only those two cities) to a third country that allows for a stay up to 72 hours (was 48 hours prior to 2013). No fee and nothing in advance is necessary - they process everything upon arrival at the airport. You must depart from the same airport you arrive at and do so within the strict 72-hour limit, but other than that, it's very easy. They could easily do the same for cruises that stopped at Shanghai if they wanted to without jeopardizing their overall visa scheme.

That's right. Fortunately, within just the last year or so, they've adopted a policy where they "usually" grant a 1-year, multiple-entry visa to US citizens going for purposes of tourism. Although you must list your intended itinerary including dates and where you plan to stay, once you get your visa issued, you're on your own: If they grant you the usual 1-year, multi-entry visa, you can come and go as many times during that 1-year period and travel and stay wherever you like (except for Tibet, which requires an additional permit) as long as no single stay is more than 60 days. You can add additional trips, change your original trip, or even cancel the original trip that you submitted with the visa application and do something completely different - they don't care and nobody checks what you do against your visa application. Your hotel will register your stay each night with the local police, so you don't need to worry about them losing track of you :-)

9. Rogillio

Rogillio DIS Veteran

Awesome! This is the first I've seen that an Asian cruise was even being considered by DCL. I hope they announce 2 years out to give plenty of time to save for it.

10. princesskayla

princesskayla ***This space reserved for a tag***

Sign me up! I would do that cruise in a heartbeat. I want to visit the Asian parks so bad but I am very intimidated by the thought of it. I really want to go "around the world - Disney style" - aka visit all the Disney parks in one mega trip. I am glad that I read this thread about China visa requirements. I will have to look into that before I seriously make plans to visit all the parks.

11. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

Just to clarify - cruise ship passengers can't get off the ship in St. Petersburg unless they are part of a ship-sponsored tour OR a private tour. If cruise ship passengers want to wander around St. Petersburg on their own - they need their own visas.