Shades of Green/Room request

aec

Mouseketeer
Has anyone made a room request at the Shades of Green? I am curious how accomodating they are, and if/when I should call. We are leaving in 25 days.

I think I want to be in the new section since it is closer to the parking garage and we plan to use our rental car for everything except MK. I've heard that the old section is more convenient to the pools but in January I don't think we'll be swimming much, if at all. I don't think we'll be eating at their restaurants either. We'll do breakfast in the room and probably eat lunch and dinner in the parks or elsewhere.

I've stayed there numerous times and think the only time we've had any request met was if we specifically asked for and paid for the first floor pool side premium location room. and as you sat, thats probably not too interesting in January. Otherwise, unless you've reserved a suite or junior suite, you'll pretty much get the next available....

aec said:
Has anyone made a room request at the Shades of Green? I am curious how accomodating they are, and if/when I should call. We are leaving in 25 days.

I think I want to be in the new section since it is closer to the parking garage and we plan to use our rental car for everything except MK. I've heard that the old section is more convenient to the pools but in January I don't think we'll be swimming much, if at all. I don't think we'll be eating at their restaurants either. We'll do breakfast in the room and probably eat lunch and dinner in the parks or elsewhere.

They are as accommodating as they can be. You can request whatever you want; however it is just a request and not a guarantee. They try to honor as many of the requests as they can, but as you can imagine, it's impossible to honor them all.

I wouldn't bother calling. Fax your request to the front desk. They're the ones who do the room assignments, not reservations. I'd fax it in about 5 days prior to your stay. :-)

I went in August and I asked for Connecting rooms and a crib. About a week before y trip I emailed Shades of Green and reminded them how we needed a connecting rooma dn crib, and that it was our 25th anniversary trip. They emailed back they were looking forward ot us coming. When we got there we got 2 connecting rooms and a crib was waiting outside the door when we arrived. We got the new section. I never requested old or new since I couldnt make up my mind. I figured they all had their own perks. It turned out great for us.

Barb

We will be staying at the SOG in April - we have three rooms - we plan on using Disney transportation and/or walking to the Poly to get the monorail - also plan on spending some time at the pool. Question is should we request the new section or not - would prefer a room close to pool, lobby and bus stop if possible - yes I WANT IT ALL!!!!! any suggestions would be great - thanks....

From what I understand both pools are near the old section. The bus stop and lobby are kind of in between the old and the new sections. The parking garage is near the new section. Hope this helps!

thanks for your prompt reply - do you know if there is anyplace to get or download a map of the SOG?

In december we went with my parents and my BF, we requested connecting rooms or at least next to each other. When we got there they gave us rooms near each other like 5 rooms down from each other. It was actually worked out well we each had privacy but was able to walk down a few doors if we wanted.

We requested extra pillows and when they delivered them they noticed something wrong with our lock, we didn't notice anything so they sent someone up to fix it.

We liked it there and plan on going back. we stayed in the new section

FirstNo said:
They are as accommodating as they can be. You can request whatever you want; however it is just a request and not a guarantee. They try to honor as many of the requests as they can, but as you can imagine, it's impossible to honor them all.

I wouldn't bother calling. Fax your request to the front desk. They're the ones who do the room assignments, not reservations. I'd fax it in about 5 days prior to your stay. :-)

Thank you FirstNo, That is a great idea to fax the front desk! I will have to do that when I am about to leave. I want to try to get connecting rooms :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter