~ Sew Sweet 16 ~I’m packing your angry eyes just in case~Aug 2014~ BFF' bag 8/20!!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Trip Reports and Plans' started by DMGeurts, Oct 30, 2013.

1. stefnmickey71

stefnmickey71 Earning My Ears

I have come out of lurkdom to see where I can bid on these awesome auction bags!!

I tried to PM you about a month ago and wrote you a long message all to find out I haven't posted enough on the DIS boards and it wouldn't let me send it:confused3

I read your pre-trip report on a daily basis and feel as though I am part of your family:) I enjoy following KatMark also!!

Please PM me and let me know the details of the auction.

So excited for your upcoming trip!! My husband and I are going in September to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversay at the Wilderness Lodge. So excited in the double digit countdown mode!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. solana131

solana131 DIS Veteran

Oh all the awesome auction bags!!! I am really glad the auction is too close to my trip. That way I won't be tempted to bid. Ok, who am I fooling??? Of course I am tempted to is, but I will have to refrain. All of my money is being sucked into the Grand Floridian right now and I couldn't be happier about it :) And of course I have to save some cash for all the Mickey waffles I will eat!

So, is it just bags this time? Or did you do some wallets and GAC pouches??

You are going to look fabulous in all your outfits. And don't worry if the dresses are a little big. Just plan to wear them towards the end of your vacation. Or.....they can be your "buffet pants" when you need room in the waist ;)

Gotta run, trying to get all my stuff together and figure out what I need to go buy this weekend. Also....need to figure out how I am going to stuff 4 huge suitcases, all our carryons and 4 people in my little Camry. Hmmmm......might need to make two trips to the airport :)

4. campinggal

campinggal DIS Veteran

You are an applique face magician!!!! So talented!! I love them ALL. I've had to visit this thread at least three times today to admire all of your recent bags! :thumbsup2

They just make me SMILE so thank you for sharing your talents with us.

I hope your Target shift went smoothly and you aren't continuing to experience more back pain!! Time to get into the "stay healthy" groove with your trip coming so close! Any time I have to travel, I start loading up on Vitamin C. Love those Emergen-C packs- so easy to make sure I get a good dose.

Good luck with your auctions this weekend!!! You've worked so hard I'm sure they will all be a big success!

Liz (Lucky #18)

5. lovegrumpy

lovegrumpy DIS Veteran

Love this one

6. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

D, I know that you know why I haven't been here this week and I know you understand. But I had to come to take a peek at the bags. I am in love with ALL of them, especially Olaf. I so wish I could bid on them to help with your trip, but I also know you understand why that's not possible. I hope the auction is a HUGE success! :hug:

7. Llobal

Llobal Earning My Ears

I've been following your trip reports but this is my first comment. That Cruella bag is too awesome not to rave about. I LOVE IT!! And I love the Walt and Mickey bag. I love them all!! I may not be able to afford one of your purses right now but I plan on following you until I can afford to get my very own! I'd carry it every single day, not just to Disney.

8. DMGeurts

DMGeurts Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attac

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thanks Nini... LOL - I had no idea...

Thanks!

My day at Target was OK... They have been good to me, and let me do lighter tasks, which has been super helpful. I am certain it's a pinched nerve... I have no idea what I can do for it?

Thanks Jennifer!

ROFL... YES! I think you are right... I could do a Mt. Rushmore custom and a White House custom! Fantabulous idea! ::yes::

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you - that is so very nice of you to say!

LOL... Sorry... :lovestruc

Thanks Mo... Don't worry about catching up here. :thumbsup2

The photo came out great... I told her to call you and thank you - I don't know if she ever did? She has been sitting here editing FOREVER. LOL

Lottie is doing well... She is so cute! She is nocturnal, so she only spends a couple hours with us awake in the evening - and even then, she is a little cranky, because we wake her up "early" (according to her clock)... But she loves to cuddle under a blanket on our lap and sleep while we are watching TV. :lovestruc

Thank you - I am glad you like them.

She has a website, I think I can share it here? She isn't selling anything on it but... Not sure. I know she uses weebly though.

Prayers and good thoughts for you all along, and I will continue. :hugs:

Thank you... Yah - it's so difficult to do... There was a lot of swearing involved in that bag. :faint:

Hi Carol! It's great to see you - you've been on my mind and I've been wondering how you are doing. I did receive your message, and my apologies, I just won't have time to respond until Sunday... Aside from the auction - I have other things going on too. But I will respond. :lovestruc

I will have to google Airrosti... Not sure what it is, or anything about it. After this weekend, I will research and see if it's something I can do.

Thanks for everything Carol, and I am glad to hear you had a great trip. :hug:

Hi Erin!!! I've missed you!

Welcome! Glad to see you've come out of lurkdom! :lovestruc

Sadly, I cannot PM you either, until you have 10 posts... Feel free to use my thread to up your post count to 10- otherwise, there are other threads around specifically for that purpose. :thumbsup2 Then, send me a PM. :thumbsup2

Your trip sounds amazingly fun... I dream of staying at WL someday (and the Poly... And, well, all of the deluxe resorts - LOL) There are lots of people from this thread that will be there in September too... I wish I could go in Sept. Oh well.

Again, welcome!

Hahahaha... I love you - you crack me up. :lovestruc I am happy that all of your money is being sucked into the GF too. :woohoo: It's too bad you can't mail Nikki some waffles. :laughing:

I did only 2 wallets... I have one more ready to go, but I am not sure I will get it done in time? I can always auction it later, if necessary.

ROFL... Yah - "buffet pants" perfect! Praying I won't need buffet pants.

I was so excited to see the pictures you sent last night - I cannot believe your trip is so close... You better believe I will be stalking you on FB... I hope you do a bunch of live updates! I am dying to see Gram's reaction, and Bradey's too... So many WONDERFUL memories to be made on this trip! :lovestruc

Thank you Liz... It's been a lot of hard work... Most times, I still don't know how I do it? LOL I just do.

Yah - I am so bummed about my back... Just trying to get through this weekend and the auctions, then I will make an appt with my Dr... I hope to fix it with stretching and PT... If that doesn't work, I am going to find a chiro... Josh's aunt is a chiropractor, but she doesn't live near us - but I know she is a lot like me and insists on a more natural approach to healing... I will send her a message and see if she knows of anyone like her near me. :thumbsup2

Thank you!

Oh Kathy... I do know. :hug: Please know that you and Mark have been on my mind a lot these last few days. I wish there was something I could do to help you out. :lovestruc We all love you and wish you the absolute best, love and prayers. :grouhug:

Welcome! Thanks so much - I am happy I brought you out of lurkdom! :woohoo: I hope you'll continue to follow along and comment when you have a chance. I adore all of my Dis friends so much - I can never have too many. :lovestruc

Good morning everyone! It's a glorious & stormy morning here. :thumbsup2

Target went well yesterday... They have been SO GOOD to me with my back - despite not having a Dr. note for 3 weeks now, they are still letting me do modified work. I've promised to see a Dr. next week, if I am not improved and get a Dr. note.

Last night ended up being a lot crazy for me...

My neighbor and good friend needed to talk... So, we went for a walk and chatted. We don't get to spend a lot of time together these days - we are both so busy, but I consider her one of my dearest friends, and it was wonderful spending some time with her last night. She is expecting a baby in August, and it's been so much fun for me to live vicariously through her. :lovestruc

Then, one of Alli's elementary/middle school best friends stopped over with her mom... She just received her driving permit, and our house is a nice long drive for her to rack up some hours behind the wheel. :thumbsup2 They stayed for a good hour, and chatted with us. Of all of Alli's long time friends, she is one of my favorites. Her mom and I used to go out for coffee all the time - but our work schedules have been so busy, we just haven't been able to make it work... But her mom is one of those friends where even if you don't see them for a long time, you just pick back up like no time has passed. So, it was wonderful - and a little bittersweet - to see them last night. Our girls are all growing up so fast.

Allison had another friend spend the night last night... It's a little girl (who isn't so little anymore) I used to babysit in the summers... She is 2 years younger than my girls... So, it's a lot of fun to have her here too... She only lives a mile away and we see her often, but she hasn't stayed at our house for a long time... All these kids growing up on me. Why does time have to go so fast?

Today is a BIG day for Allison... She has her 2nd job interview at my Target/Starbucks... I know she could use any and all Pixie Dust and good vibes.

Aside from bringing Alli into town... I will be working all day. Then this afternoon, I will be working on getting my auction stuff finished up. It will be such a relief to have this behind me!

I better get this posted before we lose power! I hope you all have a wonderful day! Sending out prayers and good thoughts to all in need! :grouphug:

D~

9. DMGeurts

This is affectionately known to you as the infamous "Auction bag #9"... LOL - it's the one I JUST finished this weekend. And I love it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D~

10. DMGeurts

Everyone is guessing that this bag is a "Vanillope" bag... but it is not - as you can see... It was my goal for this auction to make a few bags that were "simple" appliques, to keep some of the bags in the lowest price bracket, this is one of those bags... And I love how it turned out!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D~

11. DMGeurts

I wanted to do a Halloween themed bag for this auction... I did a Vampire Mickey bag last year, but the one I made last year had a smaller applique... I decided to do this one much bigger. I also used different fabrics with this bag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D~

12. DMGeurts

And finally, my last UPB... Snow White. This one has to be one of my all time favorites... I could not be happier with how the applique turned out - and I just love the colors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D~

13. DMGeurts

This is just a simple bag, nothing special about it. No pockets, nothing grand... I consider this a great "tween" bag or a great bag for someone who wants a bag, but doesn't carry anything big. It's a great size for carrying a cell phone/point n' shoot camera, a small wallet, some chapstick...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D~

14. Pluto0809

Pluto0809 DIS Veteran

All ten of the bags are just wonderful! At this point I can't decide on a favorite at all! I still haven't decided if I want to bid or not because I really don't need more bags do I? :rotfl: But I probably won't be able to resist when the time comes. Now to decide which one I want to bid on. :confused3 Oh I do know I won't be bidding on the Mickey Vampire one since I already have the first bag. :lmao:

I do hope you find a solution for your back pain soon. I have a nerve I pinch once in a while in my lower back, usually when I'm bending over to pick something up. But it only hurts for a day or two and then I'm fine so I've never gone to a doctor for it.

15. Clio

Clio Mouseketeer

Those bags turned out great. I envy your applique ability. Neither my machine or I can do that. I think Figament is my favorite.
    Things have been quiet around here. We had some big storms round through, but the worst of the damage missed us. I'm waiting for the rain to stop so I can go to Petsmart for some cat food. One of my cats has allergies and can only eat the expensive stuff. I may stop at Super K and see if they have some of the food Walmart didn't have yesterday. the super center near me never has food. Last week they had no fresh meat. That's not the store I work at, though. I work a one of the small Walmarts. We're land locked and can't be expanded.
    Liz

16. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

D, I love the additional bags (especially Figment).

Sending lots of pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: for Alli.

17. lovedonaldduck

lovedonaldduck DIS Veteran

Good luck to Alli today! :goodvibes

I have grand plans for winning Powerball and when I do, I think I'm going to hire you to make bags for me full time. :thumbsup2 I love all the bags you've done. I am going to be busy during your auction! I need to spend some time reviewing all the bags and figuring out who in my family needs which one and how much I'm willing to spend on them. :rotfl:

Even though last night was crazy for you, it sounds like the good kind of crazy - reconnecting with friends. I am jealous of you having a neighbor who is having a baby soon. I am in serious need of a newborn fix and all of my friends who live close by are done having babies. This is another major drawback to DH and I both being only children - no nieces and nephews to dote on!

I hope you have a great day today and are ready for the auction ahead of schedule. I hope you can find a solution for the back pain soon!

18. Terkina

Terkina DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a good day yesterday.

Good luck to Alli today.

Lovely bags. It's nice to see Figment on a bag :lovestruc

19. mamommy

mamommy Earning My Ears

OK - I'm outing myself as a lurker here too. I've followed along here and there and love seeing all the bags you create. Anyway - as I was in my sewing room last night, I had a thought about the black on black applique issue. No idea what made me think about your applique at that moment, but I did. Have you tried outlining the applique with a marking pen? I have a white one that I love that erases with a warm iron. If you drew around the applique with the white pen, then you'd be able to see it better when you stitch it.

As I said, it was just a thought. I'll go back to lurking now!!

20. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

Dee - your bags are amazing! You do a great job with fabric and color. And your applique looks flawless. I hope you get lots of money for them. :goodvibes

21. OregonMomToWDW

OregonMomToWDW DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness! I saw the one I want. But I am not telling which. There are going to be some busy bidding. I am going to have to set my alarm for 6 am on Saturday, just to make sure I don't lose out on the one I want while I am sleeping away. :worried: I love the tween bag. Perfect size for someone like Chelsea's age.