~~ Sew hot, Hot, HOT! ~~ A sweltering Aug 2013 TR ~ Pre-Trippie link posted! ~ 10/31!

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by DMGeurts, Aug 31, 2013.

1. babynala

babynala DIS Veteran

I hope Josh's back is feeling better today. :sick:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DMGeurts

DMGeurts Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attac

With our bellies full and a little time to kill before our FP return time for TSM... We were headed to The Great Movie Ride...

We didn't wait in line very long, and we boarded the vehicle rather quickly. I took lots of photos for your enjoyment - seeing as this was the exact ride my camera died on during our 2008 trip, I only had a few photos of this ride. It's your LUCKY day!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The ride took the perfect amount of time - we headed straight to TSM to ride with our FPs - the line for FP return was very short and we nearly walked right on. I was so happy that I was able to secure FPs for this ride earlier in the day - especially since I found out that it was one that Sariah really wanted to ride. I wish I would have gotten two sets, so the girls could have ridden twice - at least, but I didn't. Oh well.

[​IMG]

Since I rode alone... All I have is my score... I suck at this ride. LOL

[​IMG]

The girls after the ride... I love this picture of them - it's so cute!

[​IMG]

And then the 3 of us...

[​IMG]

From there, we took a moment to visit "One Man's Dream"... I just love this... Walt Disney is just so inspiring and how he came to be such a household name, and really just changed the meaning of family and how families spend time together is astounding. I did not take any pictures in here, except for the mock up of the new Mine Ride... Since - I am so excited for it. LOL

[​IMG]

We waited for the movie to start... It was neat to watch... I knew most of it - or had seen most of it in other shows, but I am not sure that Christy or the girls ever had - so I am glad we sat there (in the air conditioning) and watched.

[​IMG]

You'll never guess what we did next...

Yup - just one more time... We got in line...

It was about this time, I received a text from Ruthie and Dee - I guess they were sitting right behind us on the Great Movie Ride, and they called for me when we were exiting - but none of us heard them. We were supposed to have a Dismeet this night - I was trying to figure out the scheduled time/place, and it just never worked out.

It wasn't too long and they let us in...

Yup... It was so much fun the first time...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What's with the date on Alli's? Did she forget it was August? ROFL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From here, we looked around the shops for a little while. It was still very hot - even though it was pretty late in the day. We were getting tired, but we had so much more we still wanted to do...

Link to Day 6 Part E

D~

4. Pluto0809

Pluto0809 DIS Veteran

Awe, I love the GMR! Did you get cowboy or gangster?

Cannot wait to take Jim on TSM. I'm hoping that he will like the ride as much as I do.

I love walking through One Man's Dream too! So much history involved with Walt. I still haven't made it into the movie yet though, the timing has just never been right. I need to see that someday!

Yea for a second drawing class! All of your Minnies look great. Too funny about Ali getting the date wrong! I know when I'm on vacation, I never know what day of the week it is so she is excused. :rotfl:

5. MrsDrewsky

MrsDrewsky DIS Veteran

Ahh, it's getting to be that time of year already. My seasonal vendor job had me start about three weeks ago for the Christmas season! I can't believe how early retailers are getting ready this year. I can't complain though... More money in our Disney fund. ;)

Love the GMR. It's like the Jungle Cruise, the CM can really make or break the experience.

Hey at least you beat the phantom rider, right? :thumbsup2

Love, love, love One Man's Dream. The mock-up of the Mine Train looks so neat. :goodvibes

Your Minnie drawing is really good! Can't say I'm surprised. :p

6. Chicago Mo

Chicago Mo DIS Veteran

OMG you got a picture of Kathy's Husband Mark too!!! UNCANNY i tell you...

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :woohoo:

Ok seriously the drawing are out of the world and i think your girls need to go work for Disney.... I really mean that...

Love the update love everything!

7. DMGeurts

DMGeurts Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attac

Here's the photopass photos that go with this post: Day 2 Part A

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D~

8. Pluto0809

Pluto0809 DIS Veteran

Love the PP pictures! Both of the Splash Mountain ones are hilarious because of the families in front of you guys!

9. disneychic2

disneychic2 DIS Veteran

When it's been a couple of days since I've checked in, I always think I'm going to remember everything I wanted to comment on when I finally get through all the pages. Silly me! Not happening.

I just know that I love all the photopass photos and I just love that your girls are willing to be so goofy for the camera. What great sports.

The Mickey vampire bag is awesome. I especially love the lining fabric. And of course your stitching is as close to perfect as you can get. Fantastic job! And how fun to get fabric delivered. When I worked at a book store, one of my favorite jobs was unpacking the tons of boxes we got each week. It was like Christmas!

I tried Zumba once, but it bothered my right knee. Don't know why since I don't have knee problems, but there you go. I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. Good for you for sticking with it! And I certainly hope Josh's back is feeling better. Dan has some exercises he does for his back that work miracles. He got them from a doctor on the internet and it even helped when he herniated a disc and supposedly needed surgery. If you want the link, I'll find out from Dan and get it to you.

We ate at SciFi twice and both times had bad food, so we took it off our list. We do, however LOVE 50s Prime Time. Go figure. For every restaurant there is, you'll find people who "must do" it and people who "will never go there again". That's why I'm always willing to try one, even if it gets bad reviews.

And finally my big news...I booked our trip for next year!! We'll be going in February instead of May with our Granddaughter Charlotte who lives in Colorado. Her birthday is February 7th. I have an ADR for Crystal Palace so far, but waiting to talk with my DD before making too many plans.

Okay, good luck with your auction and have fun in your sewing room today. And of course keep the updates coming often!

10. jkfandel

jkfandel Mouseketeer

Please don't stop the updates I just love them. In fact you must return to WDW quickly so you can just keep writing HAHA. We are still waiting to hear if you did bounce back - I think you did...........

Great Halloween Mickey bag love the inside fabric.

Thank you for posting all of your PP+ photos. I have been on the fence about this for our upcoming trip.

Hope you have a good day!

Jane

11. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

Those are great photopass photos! The other families on your Splash Mountain pictures have great expression, too. :)

We never got any of those special photopass pictures like you did. I forgot to ask for them and none of the photographers offered to take them for us. :sad2:

12. sweetpeaandevie

sweetpeaandevie DIS Veteran

WOW! I have been trying to catch up for 3 days.......I have to admit that I scrolled through about 8 pages really quickly but I am "caught up" Too much for me to comment on, but I love, love that bag!!! Great pics too!!! well, I will probably have to catch up again on Monday. This weekend is www (wild women's weekend :goodvibes) in Myrtle Beach. I AM SO EXCITED!!! Until then.....:rotfl2:

13. Sweetly

Sweetly Mouseketeer

Checking in real fast today. Busy work week. We are holding seminars at night so my work days keep running into the nights. I cannot wait till Friday!!

I have to admit I read along each day, but I just don't have time to reply. Being that I am on hold with work till I get a call I can "multi-task" :cool1:

~V stuck in the hat is hilarious! My DD has done that.:rotfl2:
    ~PP arrived = :banana:
    ~PB&J Malt - have to say yuck!:crazy2: I am not a PB&J fan at all. Now if it was a chocolate shake I would be in heaven. I have a sweet tooth. 50's Prime Time is a great place to eat. IMO we loved it when we had ADR's on our last trip.
    ~The Mickey Halloween bag is PERFECT. Again another masterpiece.
    ~You are killing me with now two super surprises...REALLY?
    ~Splash Mountain photo is the best. Especially the family in front of you. those poor kids!
    ~Shame when you didn't like the food at Sci-Fi.
    ~Good for you taking on Zumba. It looks like fun!

Have a fabulous day!!

14. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Before I comment on your latest fabulous update I have to say that I read your backstory for when you started sewing and I am completely amazed. Even if you haven't been doing this all your life (my assumption) you had an incredible amount of creativity and talent waiting to burst forth! Just WOW! Seriously..:worship:

I'm so not good at TSM. Must be the hand-eye coordination thing. ;)

I love the GMR - especially if we get a cowboy scene. Always the robber for us!

Your Splash photos are great!

15. oopsiDAISY

oopsiDAISY DIS Veteran

Such cute PP pictures!!! Ya'll are all just so cute with fabulous smiles!! :goodvibes

16. SarahJN

SarahJN Mouseketeer

LOVE the new bag - it's fabulous. Can't wait to see what else you've been working on.

We've eaten at Sci-Fi once. I booked it even though I'd read a lot of bad reviews. Our meals were actually decent - no complaints here about the food. BUT I was seriously annoyed that they made us wait a half hour past when we checked in for our ADR. This was when Allie had the allergic reaction to Advil and was freaking miserable.

One of my girls eats PB&J almost everyday. We'll have to get a PB&J shake during our next trip.

I'm enjoying the addition of the PP photos to your TR. Those Splash photos are absolutely hysterical.

17. Terkina

Terkina DIS Veteran

Great updates. We really liked Wolfgang Puck Express when we were there in February. How good you all were drawing Eeyore and then Minnie in the drawing class.

The food you had at Akershus had norwegian ingredients, but the dish was very american.

18. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Great pics! :)

19. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

I'm glad you were able to get pictures on the GMR this trip...and pretty good ones at that.

And another animation class? :thumbsup2 I think that is great and you got Minnie (while we got Rapunzel?????).

I love One Man's Dream and we never made it this trip. I want to be sure we do it next year.

Love the additonal photopass pictures...especially the ones on Splash Mountain.

20. lovesdumbo

lovesdumbo DIS Veteran

I've got to try that PB&J shake! I've never eaten at 50s. I did go to the bar one day with a friend. I'm pretty sure I had an ice tea. Love that photo of all of you at the bar!

Emma would LOVE that! She's made a few for classmates. We've slowed down making them because we have too many for us. She's at soccer right now. Can't wait for her to get home and see the new translucent bands I bought her on the way home. She's going to love them!

It was so good! It had a grapefruit sorbet in it.

:hug:Thanks! Your girls are pretty incredible too! Joe was just saying he really hopes our trips overlap next summer.

I just missed the downpour when I walked back to BWV. I was undercover of the boat dock during one huge downpour. They stopped the boat due to lightning but the rain had stopped so I decided to chance it and walk back to BW. There were a few huge/scary thunder claps on my walk back but no rain which was great because I forget to get a poncho out of the bag that Gene was carrying.

How fun to have Alli join you!

So exciting! I was looking at the Christmas flannels online at JoAnns yesterday thinking about making the kids some PJs for Christmas and Emma & I some for our trip but I've got way too much fabric already and no place to put it! I've got to make some things out of my stash before I can buy anymore! I did love the red & green Scotty dog flannel though!

TSM is my favorite ride! I think we rode about 5 times total this trip. For the first time Lizzy beat me EVERY SINGLE TIME.:scared1: I think I'm getting old! I think my high is around 250 but I didn't break 200 at all on this trip. I was on the way toward that one ride but there was a problem with the game. I find I do best when I ride alone and hog all the high point targets but the folks who get the monthly highs in the 400s have to play in concert with someone else to open up even higher point targets.

If we ever meet up at DHS I promise not to tease you about your TSM score if you promise not to tease me about my drawings. You wouldn't recognize what characters I was trying to draw.:rotfl: In California they schedule who they are drawing so you can come back the times they are drawing the characters you're most interested in.

Joe LOVES One Man's Dream!!! I think it is his favorite attraction in WDW. I only rushed through on our last morning meeting up with Gene & Joe so I didn't see the model of the mine ride. Very cool!

OK....Emma's home and says the kids in school are making some cool bracelets so we have to make something cooler tonight.:rotfl2:

21. IheartDDuck

IheartDDuck DIS Veteran

I love One Man's Dream too. Just going through and looking at everything. And I can't pass the movie. Even though I've seen it I don't know how many times.

Hahaha. I guess Alli did forget it was August. That's a pretty big forget though. :lmao:

Great PP pics.