Severe fatigue, muscle pain..enjoying parks during busiest time of year

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by JUJU814, Dec 11, 2012.

1. catm

catm Mouseketeer

I wouldn't just rent a wheelchair, I'd rent scooter. I started using a scooter 3 years ago and its really made a difference.. I have arthrits just about everywhere but especially in my knees and ankles.after dragging myself around the parks for years literally looking for the next place i could sit, i finally swallowed my pride and got a scooter. I felt like i got my vacation back. I could keep up with my family and not worry about needing to sit. Some lines i use the scooter some i don't.do yourself and everyone else in your family a favor and get the scooter!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Bete

Bete DIS Veteran

Please, explain to your husband that you don't have to be totally dependent on a scooter or wheelchair and when pictures are taken you can manage to be free standing for a few minutes if this makes him feel better about using one. I do feel from your statement that you should go with a scooter. I'm not sure based on your statement that hubby would be too happy pushing a wheelchair all day.

You know your body better than anyone else. If you are doubting your abilities to last in the parks you need an aid. We find a scooter to be a joy. Without one we couldn't do a trip to Disney. I would even be more concerned if you try to overdo on vacation by walking all the time. From other posts on this website you can typically walk anywhere from 5 to 12 miles a day at the parks and resorts depending on the time spent in the parks.

If you have a zoo near your home it's a great way to practice using a scooter before the trip. Most zoos do scooter rentals. I think it would relieve some phobias about it all for you.

Just remember when you use a park scooter it costs more and availability can become an issue especially if you are going to be a late arrival to the parks. Leaving the parks and getting one later in the day can be an issue, too on availability. I still think you should do an outside scooter rental; so, you could have it all the time.