Seven Dwarfs Mine Train FP+ Opening

That's one of the main things I don't get about FP+. If you get to the park at RD, and have a FP for 9:05....it'd be a walk on anyway. Doesn't make much sense to me.

We'll know a lot as soon as we can see the queue set up. I could see them not having it in the beginning, just because they need flexibility with the date. Think how bad it would be if things got delayed a few days/weeks and people had FP reservations they'd planned their whole trip around....pixiedust:

EMH is going to be very interesting the first few weeks if there aren't FP ressies, or just ones you can get in-Park.......

Agreed. I could see them waiting a few weeks. But not long.

That's one of the main things I don't get about FP+. If you get to the park at RD, and have a FP for 9:05....it'd be a walk on anyway. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Eventually the 9:05 is all that will be left so someone will take it. That's why I never doubted that they would offer offsite pre-booking. Otherwise they would not be able to capitalize on all those early slots. With same-day booking, some of those spots surely just went unused.

The Q&A on the Disney Parks Blog confirmed that SDMT will be offering FP+. I suspect as soon as WDW makes an "official" announcement about the opening that we will see FP+ go live to MDE.

I'm going the 2nd week in May and have been checking to see if the Mine Train has been added as well. Great idea starting a thread for it. :thumbsup2

Ditto! I'll be there May 9-12. Anxiously waiting for this ride to open up for fastpass+ :)

my guess is that those people who have a 9.05am know that they can enter the ride until 10.05am so they probably will go to another ride to the standby line and not waste their FP+ on the first hour. I'm guessing most people would do this so RD should not be that affected.

So here's a question... when I am able next week to pre-book my FP+s at MK, should I only book two and hold one open in case SDMC FP+ becomes available or would it be easy enough to change one choice??:confused3

So here's a question... when I am able next week to pre-book my FP+s at MK, should I only book two and hold one open in case SDMC FP+ becomes available or would it be easy enough to change one choice??:confused3

Pick 3 now, easy to change later.

Book three and reserve one to change if 7DMT opens up.

You have to book 3. If you only book 2, it will throw in a 3rd attraction automatically. If you delete the 3rd attraction so there are only 2 in there, there is no way (currently) to add just 1 attraction. The system only lets you pic 3 new attractions, or change the ones you currently have. Why let you delete attractions, but not re-add less than 3? Guess that's why it's still in the "testing" phase.:confused3

We will be there starting April 26th as well. This might be a silly question, but who is allowed to ride during a "soft opening" and I am assuming there are no FP for that. thanks!:cool1:

It depends. Sometimes anyone who happens to pass by , other times it is just for DVC and annual passholders. Also, I think sometimes they do trial runs (not really soft openings) just for castmembers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter