Seth's First Adventure to Disneyland! TR starts on page 5! Completed 5/3/12

You know I am not a major fan of the parades. I just cannot get into them at all.

Day 2 Continued:

As the parade was nearing an end, we decided we wanted to head over to Indy and Pirates before the crowd from the parade beat us to it.

After Pirates, it was about 5:30, and I thought about checking in a little early for our 6:00 reservation for our first ever dinner at Blue Bayou. I figured since we were asking for a waterside table, that checking in a little early wouldn't hurt.

We checked in and were told to wait on the benches in the lobby to be called. Dillon decided to use this time to run to the washroom - probably getting prepared for something I never had a clue about at the time...

While he was gone, our table became available. Just as I was sitting down, Dillon came back. I was loving the atmosphere so far.

DSC01115.jpg

DSC01117-PS.jpg

DSC01119.jpg

DSC01123.jpg

Dillon looking a little nervous about something...

Then we ordered our meals. For our starters, I ordered the Cajun inspired salad with a coke and Dillon ordered the Gumbo with and iced tea. Forgetting that American iced tea doesn't always come sweetened, Dillon ended up using half the packets of sugar on the table to try and make it taste better. :laughing:

DSC01127.jpg

DSC01128.jpg

While we were waiting for our main course, Dillon starts playing with my promise ring. He does this sometimes, so I never thought much of it. He was just sliding it off and on casually. Then all of a sudden he slowly slides on another ring and then proceeds to ask me to marry him!! I was so shocked! I mean, I had a feeling it was going to happen sometime soon, cause we had been talking about it, but never expected it in Disneyland, my favourite place in the world! I was so excited and happy!

Anyways, during our excitement, we got our meals. I ordered the Beef Sirloin and Dillon ordered the Surf and Turf dinner.

DSC01133.jpg

DSC01134.jpg

It was one of the best meals i've ever had. The beef was so juicy and I loved the potatoes. Dillon loved his as well. I tried a piece of his Filet Minon and you barely had to chew it, it was so tender. He said the lobster tail was good too. I took his word for it, as I am not a seafood fan.

After the best meal of my life, it was getting close to 7:00 and I really wanted a good spot for Fantasmic!, so we decided to go get a spot and sit. Despite the small crowd already forming we got right in the front.

While we waited we sat talking, playing with our cameras, and people watching. There was a just married couple sitting next to us that were talking just a little too loudly about the night in their hotel they were planning to have later. Thanks, but we are in Disneyland of all places! Keep that to yourselves!

DSC03620.jpg

DSC01139.jpg

My ring!

DSC01146.jpg

These geese were hilarious. There was a family on the other side of the fence eating some food, and the geese were sitting there hoping they'd toss some their way. They never did, but the geese never gave up trying!

DSC01154.jpg

Finally, the show started. We got a few decent photos, but that show is difficult to take photos of!

DSC03646.jpg

DSC03647.jpg

DSC03657.jpg

DSC01188.jpg

DSC03678.jpg

DSC01205.jpg

I thought the show was amazing. Loved the dragon. And of course, Mickey!

After the show, we decided to take one last ride on Space Mountain before calling it a night. We were beat after 15 hours in the park and not much sleep.

DSC01277.jpg

Next post: Day 3 - Seth's Day In The Parks!

I got all teary eyed about the proposal!! How sweet!!

Andrea, that's so awesome!!! Congrats again!! Did anyone around you realize what was going on??? The ring is beautiful!!!!! What a special dinner & now I'm sure you're favorite place to eat....EVER!!

Love Fantasmic & I agree.....hard to get decent pictures unless you have a fancy camera. EWWWWWWWW on the couple going into their late night escapades....ick!

Awwwww I love your ring! Looks very similar to my sister's and she also got proposed to in DLR!!
:)

I got all teary eyed about the proposal!! How sweet!!

Aww, thank you! :)

Andrea, that's so awesome!!! Congrats again!! Did anyone around you realize what was going on??? The ring is beautiful!!!!! What a special dinner & now I'm sure you're favorite place to eat....EVER!!

Love Fantasmic & I agree.....hard to get decent pictures unless you have a fancy camera. EWWWWWWWW on the couple going into their late night escapades....ick!

I think the waiter picked up on it, but we weren't really close to any other tables, so not sure if anyone else noticed! And it's definitely my favourite place now!

Awwwww I love your ring! Looks very similar to my sister's and she also got proposed to in DLR!!
:)

Haha, that's awesome!

Congratulations!!! What a romantic proposal. Now, whenever you go on Pirates you will always look toward the restaurant and remember that special day.....

Thank you! The pirates ride will now hold an extra special place in my heart forever! And here I never thought that ride could get any better!

I plan to add an update to my TR either tonight or tomorrow. Just gotta get some photos uploaded.

It might have to be tomorrow. Photobucket and Firefox aren't working for me tonight. Keep getting "not responding" things happening. :headache:

love it!! congtrats!!!

I love your DF's shirt at the begining of your report. Dillion is holding/feeding Seth and waring a Mario Bro's tee. My Little Monkey has the same tee.:cool1:

My BF is a huge Mario fan. He's got a few of those kinds of shirts! Lol. Thats cool that your son has the same one! :)

Working on my next installment!

Day 3: Seth's Day at Disneyland!​

We used this day to sleep in a little bit. We knew we probably weren't going to be in the parks for a full day with a 2 month old, so we took advantage of the time to sleep. We needed it thanks to our looooong day the day before.

So we headed to the parks around noon and arrived just after 1:00. My mom decided to come with us this day so she could help us with Seth if we needed it. Also she just wanted to see the parks. My mom bought her one-day park hopper (I couldn't do just one day!) and we were headed into Disneyland!

First place we headed? Pirates! We wanted to take Seth on his first ride and it was going to be one of the best!

DSC03721.jpg

We didn't get any photos of him on the ride cause he fell asleep while we were in line and stayed that way the whole ride. :rolleyes: Oh well, better than him screaming!

DSC03730-1.jpg

DSC03747.jpg

DSC03753.jpg

Once we were done there we were hungry and it was time for something to eat, so we went over to the Stage Door Cafe and got some corn dogs. So good!

DSC03811.jpg

Seth having fun while we ate.

DSC03818.jpg

DSC03819.jpg

DSC03813.jpg

Stop with the pictures Mom!

Next we wanted to try and meet Mickey, so we headed over to his house.

DSC03824.jpg

DSC03827.jpg

DSC03830.jpg

We didn't have to wait too long. Probably only 5 or 10 minutes. I was quite surprised.

DSC03831.jpg

We browsed around a gift shop in Toon Town for a bit, then decided we wanted to take him on It's A Small World. He actually stayed awake for this one and looked quite amazed at all the pretty colours and music. Sorry, some of the photos on the ride are quite blurry as I am not good with dark ride shots yet.

DSC03836.jpg

DSC03841.jpg

DSC03844.jpg

DSC03846.jpg

DSC03849.jpg

DSC03862.jpg

DSC03864.jpg

DSC03873.jpg

DSC03880.jpg

My sad attempt at getting Stitch.

DSC03895.jpg

DSC03888.jpg

DSC03926.jpg

Continued on next post...

Day 3 Continued:​

DSC03928.jpg

DSC03931.jpg

DSC03945.jpg

After It's A Small World, we decided to take my Mom over to see California Adventure as it didn't exist the last time she was in Disneyland in '96, so it was all new to her.

First, we made a stop in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle

DSC03948.jpg

We shopped around in Off The Page and I showed my Mom the Toy Story Zeotrophe (I think that's what it's called). She thought it was pretty neat. She also loved the fake wall at the end of Hollywood Blvd. It is pretty cool.

DSC03951.jpg

Finishing bottle time on Hollywood Blvd.

Unfortunately whoever was in charge of the camera during this portion slacked big time because we have a big gap of the day with no photos.

We headed over to the Pier so my Mom could see the wheel etc, and took a ride on Little Mermaid. It was a walk on again, as it was for most of our trip. Seth loved this one. He was smiling so much during the Under The Sea portion. I wish I had brought my camera on this one.

We hung around the Pier and walked around for a bit. Then Dillon wanted to head over to Flynn's Arcade to check it out, as it was only open when ElecTRONica was running. We didn't hang around for too long as it was pretty loud for Seth. I was happy though, when we walked in they were playing Michael Jackson's Beat It.

DSC03971.jpg

DSC03984.jpg

DSC03988.jpg

Dillon was in his heaven!

By the time we were done there, we were starting to get pretty tired. Having a kid with us is exhausting! I am kind of sad at the small amount of photos we got this day, but we were too distracted by Seth I think. At least we got some!

We made our way out through the Greetings store where we browsed for quite some time. That is when I decided that the souvenir I wanted to get for Seth was a Duffy! At some point I was going to pick one up for him!

On the way to the tram we decided to browse World of Disney for a bit as well. I love looking at all the Disney stuff. I could spend hours and a ton of money in those stores! While we were shopping, Dillon took Seth outside to give him a bottle before the drive home. While they were out there, the fireworks started, and apparently Seth wasn't a fan, so he ended up having to come in the store to finish. They were pretty loud, we could hear them in the store over top of all the commotion.

My Mom picked up a couple things for Seth. She got him a Disneyland t-shirt and a key chain with his name on it. I will post photos of his loot at the end of the TR.

On the way home we found that we were all starving and wanted a quick bite at McDonald's. Since it was on our way home, we decided to stop at this really cool location that still looks like the original style. I took some photos so some of my McDonald's friends could appreciate it, lol.

DSC03994.jpg

DSC03996.jpg

They had a gift shop with their current toys on display as well as some McDonald's collectors items.

DSC04008.jpg

Smurfs!

DSC04011.jpg

A Big Mac cookie jar!

DSC04012.jpg

I thought this door was pretty cool.

DSC04014.jpg

We thought this was pretty funny. The most nuggets you can get here is 20. And those I think are $8 or $9. So we thought it was funny that you can get 50 for $10. I don't think Dillon and I could finish one of those if we ate it together.

Well that's the end of our day with Seth. Sorry that there aren't that many photos. I was really hoping to get a ton. I guess the day just got away from us!​

Next Up: Day 4

You know that happens to me. I get in the park and I am so into what I am doing I lose all track of getting my camera out and taking pictures. Seth has the cutest smile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter