Seth's First Adventure to Disneyland! TR starts on page 5! Completed 5/3/12

Disneyland Day 1:

Because we were so tired from driving, and we were advised by the house owner to either leave before 6 or after 9 in the mornings to avoid the really heavy traffic, we decided to wait until just after 9 to leave. It was about 45 minutes to an hour each day to get there if the traffic was good, which often it wasn't! As much as I loved having a free place to stay, not sure the commute every day was worth it. We were so tired at the end of each day and then we had the drive home. Oh well, we still had an awesome time anyways.

DSC00944-Copy.jpg

DSC03049.jpg

Pulling up to the Mickey & Friends Parkade

DSC00946.jpg

Walking through DTD!

DSC03051.jpg

DSC00947.jpg

DSC00949.jpg

In the gates!

DSC03053.jpg

DSC00950.jpg

DSC03054.jpg

DSC00952.jpg

DSC03055.jpg

We saw these guys just entering Mainstreet! First 5 minutes and we already see characters!

DSC03060.jpg

DSC03067.jpg

DSC03070.jpg

DSC03074.jpg

Can you tell where we are headed yet???

DSC03080.jpg

Why Space Mountain of course! It's becoming a tradition to go straight to it first!

DSC03082.jpg

DSC03106.jpg

DSC03115.jpg

We got the front for the first time ever!

We were starting to get a little hungry so we headed over to The Refreshment Corner to get a snack. Dillon had the Jalapeno cheese filled pretzel, while I had just a plain old yummy Mickey one with cheese.

DSC00957.jpg

Next we headed over to Pirates!

DSC00964.jpg

Us being goofy in line. :cutie:

DSC00968.jpg

DSC03131.jpg

DSC03133.jpg

As usual, we loved our ride on Pirates. It's so relaxing. Dillon decided not to take any photos on the ride this time, as he wanted to enjoy the ride, but he did get some cool ones later on. He was the one behind the lens for most of the shots this trip. I spent too much time behind it last time that this time I decided to relax a bit.

To be continued...

Good stuff Andrea, even with me following you on FB....getting to see pics of some of the things you were talking about brings it all to life!!! Seth is so darned cute!!! What a good little traveler he was.....the younger you start them, the better they are as they age....so I say you got yourself a winner!!! Can't wait to see your Disney photos!!

Thanks Laurie! He was so good! There were a couple moments where he got a little too hot in the back and the air conditioning just wasn't reaching him fast enough, so he got a little cranky, but after taking him out for a quick cool down, he was all good and ready to go again. It was so nice!

Love it!!

There were a couple of pictures of Seth in his car seat where he looked like he was thinking "what mom? Another picture?":lmao: He jus tis so cute.

Day 1 Continued:

After Pirates we got some fastpasses for Indiana Jones and then headed over to Haunted Mansion. It was basically a walk on! It was so nice to see it in it's original form. I do like the Nightmare Before Christmas movie, but I prefer the original Haunted Mansion much more over the NBC version for sure!

We did Indiana Jones and Buzz Lightyear before heading over to Troubadour Tavern to get some potatoes and corn on the cob!

buzzlightyear.k1.2011228080456.eng.jpg

I sucked that round!

While we were eating our lunch, the Princess Fantasy Faire show was starting, so we decided to watch for a few minutes.

DSC00984.jpg

DSC00990.jpg

DSC03145.jpg

Then we decided we wanted to head over to California Adventure for a bit. Here are some photos on the way over.

DSC03177.jpg

DSC03192.jpg

DSC03198.jpg

DSC03200.jpg

I really like the new entrance!

I really wanted to go into the Animation Studio since I missed it last time. We didn't do any drawings, but it was nice to walk around and see everything.

DSC03215.jpg

DSC03218.jpg

DSC00994.jpg

Jiminy!

DSC00996.jpg

DSC01003.jpg

DSC01008.jpg

DSC01015.jpg

DSC01017.jpg

DSC01019.jpg

DSC01020.jpg

Loved this store! They had an awesome painting of Stitch that I wanted so bad. Not sure if I got a photo or not later on. We will see!

Next we headed over to Tower of Terror. Love that ride!

DSC03239.jpg

DSC03248.jpg

DSC03262.jpg

DSC01043.jpg

DSC01045.jpg

DSC03270.jpg

We were bad and took photos on the ride. :blush:

To be continued...

Love it!!

There were a couple of pictures of Seth in his car seat where he looked like he was thinking "what mom? Another picture?":lmao: He jus tis so cute.

Haha! He was probably thinking "how much longer do I have to sit in this car seat?" Lol!

Loving everything so far Andrea! Can't do specific comments, but I'm happy to see you doing a TR! It's getting me super excited about next week.

Did you see the video from the D23 Expo with the voices of the Parks? I got goosebumps when it was time for TOT!

Thank you! I think I will continue more tomorrow. I am still beat from the long road trip, and then Seth's shots and stuff today. I think I am calling it an early night tonight!

On our first night in California, Seth slept through the night for the first time, and has been since up until last night. I am hoping we can get him back in that, it was so nice!

Love your TR so far!
I love the picture taken on TOT! I feel like I am right there on the ride.
Looking forward to the rest :)

Oh my gosh those photos are so exciting!! can't wait to see the rest of the photos! it's given me goosebumps to see all this, I am so jealous!

Day 1 Continued:

After Tower of Terror, we headed over to check out the new Little Mermaid ride.

DSC01051.jpg

DSC01056.jpg

DSC01058.jpg

DSC01059.jpg

DSC01065.jpg

DSC03281.jpg

It was a really cute little ride. But there was hardly ever a line. Every time we passed it, it was 5 minutes or less to get on.

I believe we did a ride on Screamin' after that, but we never got any pictures of it. Then we headed back over to DL to use our Star Tours fastpasses that we had picked up that morning.

DSC03299.jpg

DSC03312.jpg

Then we just did some wandering and did Autopia and another ride on Pirates before calling it a night.

DSC01068.jpg

DSC03322.jpg

We wanted to use our Magic Morning the next day, and that meant being out the door by 5:30 am!

DSC01074.jpg

Here we are on the tram on the way back to the car.

While we were in Disneyland, Seth was having fun at Manhattan Beach with Grandma!

287554_10150272854160888_559570887_7959983_5941216_o.jpg

Apparently he slept through most of it, so didn't see much. :rolleyes:

Next post: Disneyland Day 2

I lied! We finished off day 1 with another ride on Space Mountain! Cause I remember we started and finished the first 2 days on it! Oops! :headache: Anyways....

Disneyland Day 2:

We started the day by getting out of bed by 4:45. Such an early day, but we really wanted to make use of our Magic Morning, so it had to be done. We were out the door by just after 5:30. There was a little bit of traffic, but luckily not much this day. I believe we got to the parkade just before 6:30.

DSC01075.jpg

Woohoo!

DSC01076.jpg

Not sure why, maybe the trams weren't going or something, can't remember, but we ended up walking to the gates from the parkade. I wasn't too happy about it, lol, I just wanted to get there!

DSC01077.jpg

DSC01078.jpg

Shoulda parked here!

DSC01082.jpg

DSC01085.jpg

DSC01086.jpg

First ride:
DSC03326.jpg

I shouldn't have worn white.... :rolleyes:

Next, we headed over to Fantasyland for a ride on Peter Pan and Pinocchio

DSC03347.jpg

DSC03352.jpg

Then we did a bit of wandering...

DSC03357.jpg

DSC03358.jpg

My man :)

DSC03360.jpg

DSC03363.jpg

DSC03365.jpg

DSC03370.jpg

DSC03371.jpg

We grabbed fastpasses for Indy, then went for a ride on the Jungle Cruise.

DSC03374.jpg

DSC03382.jpg

DSC03397.jpg

DSC03398.jpg

DSC03404.jpg

No line! I love Magic Mornings!

To be continued...

Day 2 continued:

Next, we went to Big Thunder where there was only a 5 minute wait to get on.

DSC01088.jpg

DSC01100.jpg

DSC03414.jpg

DSC03421.jpg

I was starving by this point, so we went over to the Bakery and got some breakfast.

Dillon got the cinnamon bun:
DSC01102.jpg

And I got a blueberry muffin:
DSC01103.jpg

Both were so fresh and tasty!

Then we wanted to head over for the rope drop at DCA cause we wanted to check out Toy Story Midway Mania as it was closed on our last trip.

DSC03449.jpg

Chip and Dale entertained us as we waited...

DSC03452.jpg

And this was our leader

They had the main path to the Pier walled off due to construction, so there were two separate ways to get there. Through Hollywood Blvd then Bugs Land, or Soarin' and GRR. Apparently we took the wrong way, cause by the time we got to TSMM, the line was 40 minutes long. :headache:

So we went on Screamin' instead:

DSC03461.jpg

Then we decided to head over to Soarin' and caught these guys on the way:

DSC03468.jpg

DSC03472.jpg

DSC03524.jpg

DSC03522.jpg

DSC03525.jpg

We did a ride on the Zephyr just for the fun of it, then got some yummy corn dogs for lunch before we headed back over to Disneyland.

I wanted to see Captain EO, so that is where we headed next

DSC01112.jpg

DSC01114.jpg

We were ready for a rest by this point, so we went over to the Refreshment Corner tables and bought a coke and just sat for a while. The parade was about to start, so we sat at tables as close to the street as we could get to watch. We weren't that big on seeing the parade, but we were sitting there, so we thought, why not? I got a few photos, but we didn't have the greatest view.

DSC03528.jpg

DSC03529.jpg

DSC03535.jpg

DSC03545.jpg

DSC03551.jpg

DSC03557.jpg

DSC03571.jpg

DSC03573.jpg

To be continued...

Argh you got up so early!! I would have been tempted to park in DTD parking that early in the morning. The walk wouldn't be nearly as long. It seems that other than the line for Toy Story Mania there weren't that many long lines and that is wonderful!!

Loved day one!!! Day 2 looks great too.....so you're not into the parades?? I love them....it's a great way to take a little break & enjoy the music & characters. The park looked pretty empty....lucky you!! I have never been to TSMM when there wasn't a line at least 30 mins long.......in early March, the park was dead, we wandered down to the Pier & they were all in line for that ride......lol Its fun but really???? You would think by now those lines would start thinning a bit....but I guess not!

I had another post for day 2 all typed out earlier today, and then I accidentally closed the window. :headache: So I took a break. Hoping to get the next post done tonight.

I usually am into parades, just this one didn't seem that interesting to me. :confused3 Maybe I just miss the Electrical Parade too much, lol.

The park was pretty empty on our Magic Morning, but that's about it! Lol. It was a pretty busy park the whole time, but not unbearable.

We did finally manage to get onto TSMM a couple times. We sucked it up and waited the 40 minutes both times, cause it was never any less than that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter