set me straight on OBB

mom4fun

DIS Veteran
How many cruises can you book on board? To book for friends, doesn't one of your family members have to be booked in the same room with them? I know a lot of rules have changed so I would like to know what the rules are now.

You can only book 1 future cruise date, up to 2 cabins on that same date, and still have full onboard perks. Of course you could book more, but they won't have obb perks.
If you book 2 cabins, then change the date of just one of them, you lose the OBB perk on that one. The 2 must stay together for both to qualify.

You do not have to mix up the people in the room for the two rooms to get the OBB benefits. In fact, you could book two rooms on the same cruise for people not on the cruise with you at all.

I have recent experience and can clarify a bit further. You can book up to 2 staterooms for each household currently represented on the cruise for a single future cruise at the full discount of 10% off, reduced deposit of 10%, and on-board credit. Any additional cruises booked for other dates or additional rooms for anyone will be at the reduced discount of 10% deposit and on-board credit. Note that the person on the cruise has to pay the deposit with their own credit card.

For example, my family of 4 (me, DH, 2 DS's) was in 2 cabins on our last cruise, and I booked for my Mom and I for March 2013 at the full discount. I booked 2 cabins for me, and 1 for my Mom for Nov 2013 at the reduced discount. Assuming prices haven't gone up by the time we're cruising in March 2013, while my Mom and I are in a single cabin, we'll be able to book my 2 cabins, and her 1 cabin for Nov 2013 at the full discount because we live in separate households.

I have recent experience and can clarify a bit further. You can book up to 2 staterooms for each household currently represented on the cruise for a single future cruise at the full discount of 10% off, reduced deposit of 10%, and on-board credit. Any additional cruises booked for other dates or additional rooms for anyone will be at the reduced discount of 10% deposit and on-board credit. Note that the person on the cruise has to pay the deposit with their own credit card.

For example, my family of 4 (me, DH, 2 DS's) was in 2 cabins on our last cruise, and I booked for my Mom and I for March 2013 at the full discount. I booked 2 cabins for me, and 1 for my Mom for Nov 2013 at the reduced discount. Assuming prices haven't gone up by the time we're cruising in March 2013, while my Mom and I are in a single cabin, we'll be able to book my 2 cabins, and her 1 cabin for Nov 2013 at the full discount because we live in separate households.

im confused with this but I want to book three rooms on our next cruise so are you saying that for the first two rooms I get
1) the room discount
2) 10% deposit
3) obc (for our cruise it would be $200)
and for the third I get
1) 10% deposit
2) obc (again, the $200)

I didn't know you received anything for a third room. please clarify.
thanks

I have not heard of anyone getting the entire OBB benefits for three rooms. If your DH, you and your 2 kids live at the same address, you should have only been able to book 2 rooms on one cruise date with full OBB benefits.

Rereading your post, did you actually book 5 staterooms on your last cruise? Sorry, but your post is very confusing.

im confused with this but I want to book three rooms on our next cruise so are you saying that for the first two rooms I get
1) the room discount
2) 10% deposit
3) obc (for our cruise it would be $200)
and for the third I get
1) 10% deposit
2) obc (again, the $200)

I didn't know you received anything for a third room. please clarify.
thanks

Yes, sorry I was so confusing, but you are exactly right! You will get the reduced benefits for the 3rd room.

I have not heard of anyone getting the entire OBB benefits for three rooms. If your DH, you and your 2 kids live at the same address, you should have only been able to book 2 rooms on one cruise date with full OBB benefits.

Rereading your post, did you actually book 5 staterooms on your last cruise? Sorry, but your post is very confusing.

Not sure if you were referring to my post, and if so - obviously I was confusing. :goodvibes

I booked 4 cabins on my first cruise Nov 2012. 1 cabin at the full discount for March 2013, and 3 others for Nov 2013 at the reduced discount (2 for my family and 1 for my Mom but I paid her deposit).

In March 2013, my Mom and I who live in different households will be sailing in 1 cabin. At that time, we'll re-shop the Nov. 2013 cruise assuming prices haven't increased, and I'll book my 2 cabins for Nov. 2013 at the full discount and my Mom will book 1 cabin for Nov. 2013 at full discount. When we return from the March 2013 cruise, we'd then cancel the previously booked 3 cabins for Nov. 2013 that only had the reduced discount. Hope that helps clarify things!

You do not have to mix up the people in the room for the two rooms to get the OBB benefits. In fact, you could book two rooms on the same cruise for people not on the cruise with you at all.

I guess the advantage to this would be to get the castaway gift in two rooms. can you still do this? I have read that some do and then just change people in rooms when the check in. not sure how that works now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter