Seriously? now I have to think about Soda refills?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by hsmamato2, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Redcon1

Redcon1 Mouseketeer

Don't worry, Disney will come up with an RFID chip for that. If someone else's lips touch your mug (pre-scanned when you buy the mug...like the finger-biometric system), a numbingly loud alarm will be set off, not only alerting the Disney Beverage Police, but causing the extra drinker violator to drop the mug spilling its contents, wheresas you'll have to wait another 3 minutes for a refill.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

Again, Disney doesn't state every rule. They assume their guests have a bit of common sense. There is no posted rule about not throwing tomatoes at your fellow guests, but I'm sure it is against the rules. No where is it posted that you shouldn't get busy on a table in the middle of the food court, but I'm sure it is against the rules.

It they assumed family members were just sharing mugs, they wouldn't give one to each member when they are on the dining plan.

4. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

(1) Littering -- which Disney does actively address by providing trash cans and signage and (2) Public sex is against the law in Florida, they don't need to publish rules about it.

5. hsmamato2

hsmamato2 <font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad

Thank you for this....I needed a good LOL right now:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Throwing tomatoes......:rotfl2:

6. hsmamato2

BTW I do consider it common sense to share....:goodvibes

7. hsmamato2

:rotfl2: Lip scans....like fingerprint scans for tickets:rotfl2: this is a visionary step:rotfl2:

8. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

I envision mug handles like those pistol grips that only allow the owner to shoot the gun.

9. Burnedout

Burnedout Proud mom of a marine recruit:)

Hahahajaha! That would work!

10. TeresaWen

TeresaWen Mouseketeer

We have bought 2 mugs in the past and one sits in the room unused. I take mine in the early morning...go drink 2 or 3 cups of coffee. Hit the gym. Get another cup and walk back to the room sipping it. Then while I shower, my husband takes some...he maybe drinks 2/3s of the cup of coffee and I finish it.

Morning is the only time we use the cups because we do not like the fountain soda (very sensitive to Orlando water). We buy a case of soda and bottled water on our way to the hotel (use a town car from the airport with a stop at the grocery store).

If we are staying on property again we will most likely buy only one mug since we cannot reuse them at home for coffee (can not go in the microwave).

I am not going to ask if anyone things this is "stealing" since I am sure there are so many varied opinions out. I am not about to carry a second mug with me in the morning so even if we had two mugs we would end up sharing one.

I am not about to waste money on a second mug that cannot be reused for our purposes. Someday there will be an implant in our arm that is synced to the mug preventing my husband from sipping my coffee while I shower but until then we will share.

11. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Sharing a cup of soda isn't stealing. Sharing a mug isn't stealing. However, Disney would like it better if a family bought a mug for each member instead of sharing one mug. So they're not going to outlaw sharing a mug, but they are going to make it a little more inconvenient to do it. Those who are OK with waiting 3 minutes per fillup to get their entire family Coke will still do it. Others will give up and buy more mugs.