Serenity Bay

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by lorimay, Oct 17, 2012.

1. eva

eva <font color=blue>Often uses her unique ability to

Nope! The only thing you pay for is alcoholic beverages.

For those who said it was so crowded in May, I wonder why that is. We just got back from a Western on the Fanatasy and the crowds weren't bad at all. I thought that September/October would have the most adults, guess not. Pooh, we didn't get any lobsters this time, but there were brats. Can't wait to go back next year!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

Actually anything you order from the servers including sodas and Shirley temples incur a charge. Sodas are free if you get up and go to the soda fountain. Same as on the ship.

4. lorimay

lorimay DIS Veteran

I think I have convinced my husband to get the cabana on SB.
    Anyone know if they are as hard to get as the ones on the family beach?

I can book at 90 days.

There only 4 YIKES!!!

We got an incredible deal on the cruise, so it appears not to be selling so quickly.

5. Floridagram

Floridagram DIS Veteran

I'm curious, does the captain wear his uniform to the beach? I have never seen him out of it!

6. outahere

outahere DIS Veteran

When we were there this past August, there were only two of the four cabanas that were occupied, yet all of the ones on the family beach were sold out. It's really hard to tell how quickly they will get reserved. If they are all gone when you can book, keep checking. People can and do cancel up to three days prior to the sailing date without being charged. Even if they are all gone when you board, go to the Shore Excursions desk and see if they have a waitlist.

Good Luck!!

7. disneyfan888

disneyfan888 DIS Veteran

Thank you for your help! :thumbsup2

8. disneyfan888

disneyfan888 DIS Veteran

I think you have a good chance. We book one coming up in 2 weeks at the 105 days mark and it says that there still available :)

9. lorimay

lorimay DIS Veteran

I'm so glad to hear that theres a chance to get a cabana.

They are so nice and relaxing.

I will let you know if I score one.

I am going to pay off the cruise on the 23rd our 90 day mark.

After this cruise we will become gold members and be able to book at 105 days out.

10. Princess Dolly

Princess Dolly <font color=green>Unfortunately it encroached the

He was not wearing his uniform as it appeared he was taking some personal time/break. We just smiled but left him/them alone. No one wants to be bothered when taking a break from his or her job. ;)

11. disneycruiser22

disneycruiser22 Mouseketeer

Is there really that many adults on the ship in May? We're going on the fantasy May 2013 and we're all adults...Last year on the dream in June the adult areas (mostly the pool) were pretty busy...but now i'm wondering if they're going to be super busy!

12. FirstTimeCaller

FirstTimeCaller I got my ears! See.

On our cruise we had a cabana on the family side and the beach there was extremely sandy and well groomed. When we went to Serenity Bay it didn't seem quite as protected from the elements and seemed much rougher/rockier in general (could just be during low tide). I'm wondering if others share this opinion? We are going back in March and are thinking that we will go with the family beach again despite there only being adults in our party.

13. Andianna

Andianna Mouseketeer

We visited On a Dec cruise and found it not too crowded .

14. auntie

auntie <font color=darkorchid>It's a really lovely way to

We sailed the Magic first week of May this year. Just the two of us. Went to Serenity Bay. VERY few people there. Cabanas were unoccupied. You certainly didn't need one for privacy, the place was empty! In fact it was so quiet that after our bike ride we packed up and went to the family beach. Additionally, I would agree the beach was very rough and rocky. We often vacation on the Gulf coast of Fla. (Anna Maria Island) and are used to the beaches being more like what we found on the family side.
    We had no problem finding a couple of lounge chairs and a plam tree. We just enjoyed being closer to the music, BBQ, and shops.

15. jiminyC_fan

jiminyC_fan <font color=FF00CC>Missing Captain Mickey!<br><fon

We use to love Serenity Bay but we have stopped going there. It's much to shallow for us. We love water. I have a picture of my DH and DD actually walking all the way out to the ropes. It is a quiet beach however but we pretty much are in the water 98% of the time with the exception of lunch.

16. 2disneycruzrs

2disneycruzrs DIS Veteran

We loved the peacefulness of SB. We always cruise Sep-Dec, and it's never been crowded. I wouldn't get a cabana there IMHO and never worried about our things there being unattended. Now the family beach is another matter so we're getting one since we have a 3YO this time and want the peace of SB.

17. Tonka's Skipper

Tonka's Skipper DIS Veteran

We we much prefer the more natural feel and look of the beach and water at Serenity bay a big plus.

Its clean and very well kept and you can find the overly done sandy beach anywhere!

To each there own!:thumbsup2

AKK

18. Donna M

Donna M DIS Veteran

The biggest difference is that you won't have any kids kicking up sand when they run by. There aren't any children yelling or crying either. Serenity Bay is a very descriptive name for the beach. We go to both, staring off at the family beach, and when it gets too crowed or noisy, we move for some peace.

19. Otimon

Otimon DIS Veteran

We are 3 adults and always go to the Family Beach.

Love to people watch and enjoy watching the kids have fun.