Serenity Bay

lorimay

Strolling along...
So this will be our first cruise that goes to Castaway Cay where it will just be me and hubby.
We have always been on the family beach and this past January we were lucky enough to snag a cabana.
We were 8 people with 2 toddlers so it was perfect for the day. With just the 2 of us I don't think we will do that this time.

We have never been to Serenity Bay, snuck a peek in 2002 while we were biking with kids.

Tell me about the difference and share pics if you have them please.
Is there an adult restaurant on that side?

Thanks,
Lori

So this will be our first cruise that goes to Castaway Cay where it will just be me and hubby.
We have always been on the family beach and this past January we were lucky enough to snag a cabana.
We were 8 people with 2 toddlers so it was perfect for the day. With just the 2 of us I don't think we will do that this time.

We have never been to Serenity Bay, snuck a peek in 2002 while we were biking with kids.

Tell me about the difference and share pics if you have them please.
Is there an adult restaurant on that side?

Thanks,
Lori

We had a cabana at Serenity Bay on our last cruise, just to try one there. It was just as nice as the ones we've had on the family beach, but we decided it really wasn't necessary to enjoy the quiet on that beach. The beach did seem to start getting more crowded after lunch, but was still peaceful.

There is an adults only restaurant there which serves pretty much the same menu as Cookies on the family beach, with one exception..... they have small rib eye steaks that they grill to order.

If you swim there, it's really not all that deep and there is no shark net (like at the family beach), so you may see more marine life. I saw plenty of starfish and a few small rays, but nothing dangerous.

All in all..... a very nice, quiet way to spend the day. We WILL go back!

Ohhhh.....

Never thought about the cabanas over there....... Hmmmmm....

Very good idea!

Thanks!

We love Serenity Bay. I kind of feel like we are on a Corona commercial. It is quite and relaxing. I love putting a chair in the water with a Konk Kooler and a good book. Just keep in mind that it is much more relaxed. If you want to do a lot, you may like the family beach more. But if you like to leisurely float around or sit under an umbrella and read, you will love it. We love the atmosphere at Cookie's 2 much more than the one on the family beach. The steaks are decent and the relaxed atmosphere continues there.

We love the atmosphere at Cookie's 2 much more than the one on the family beach. The steaks are decent and the relaxed atmosphere continues there.

Can't remember the exact name of the restaurant at SB, but Cookies 2 is near the cabanas/Pelican Plunge on the family beach. The steaks were pretty good, but they are pretty thin, so I wouldn't order one well done.

Ohhhh.....

Never thought about the cabanas over there....... Hmmmmm....

Very good idea!

Thanks!

There are only 4 cabanas at SB, and they seemed a little more spread out than the ones on the family beach. The good thing is they are $100 cheaper ($399 last I looked) than the ones on the family beach.

We love Serenity Bay. I kind of feel like we are on a Corona commercial. It is quite and relaxing. I love putting a chair in the water with a Konk Kooler and a good book. Just keep in mind that it is much more relaxed. If you want to do a lot, you may like the family beach more. But if you like to leisurely float around or sit under an umbrella and read, you will love it. We love the atmosphere at Cookie's 2 much more than the one on the family beach. The steaks are decent and the relaxed atmosphere continues there.

That is so funny you say that because every time that Corona commercial comes on I tell him I want to be there with him!!!!

That is for sure our idea of a perfect day!

Can't remember the exact name of the restaurant at SB, but Cookies 2 is near the cabanas/Pelican Plunge on the family beach. The steaks were pretty good, but they are pretty thin, so I wouldn't order one well done.

Sorry, guess I have the name wrong. What is the name of the one at Serenity Bay?

Sorry, guess I have the name wrong. What is the name of the one at Serenity Bay?

No problem, just didn't want anyone to get confused.

I can't remember the name of the one at SB, and I don't see the name on the Castaway Cay map in the FAQ sticky. I'll try to find a more current map.

We love Serenity Bay although it is shallower than the family beach. However, be aware that in off season cruising when there are hardly any kids onboard, the adult beach gets mobbed. We found that out when we sailed on the Dream in May 2011. We were stunned when we came around the corner to the beach and it looked like the family beach! We could hardly find a chair!

Wow!
Only 4 cabanas there.
My window opens on the 23rd of October, guess I will need to do it at midnight.

Serenity Bay is my slice of heaven on Earth. :love: One of the favorite pics I have is one my DH took of me sitting in a beach chair with my feet in the water reading my Kindle. Ahhhhh. Life is good.

We normally hit the stuff at the family beach first thing (Pelican Plunge, snorkeling if we feel like it) and then head on over to Serenity Bay. The restaurant is simply called Serenity Bay BBQ. Love sitting at the Air Bar as well. One of our cruises we had the Captain with his wife sitting at the table next to us there.

RedSox68 said:
We love Serenity Bay although it is shallower than the family beach. However, be aware that in off season cruising when there are hardly any kids onboard, the adult beach gets mobbed. We found that out when we sailed on the Dream in May 2011. We were stunned when we came around the corner to the beach and it looked like the family beach! We could hardly find a chair!

We were on the May 1, 2011 sailing and experienced the same thing. The BBQ was chaos too. They couldn't keep food out. In fact, our head waiter was over there helping speed things along, handing out plates, napkins, etc and just managing things in general. He told us he was supposed to be off during that time but they called him to go over there. He said it was never like that and he had no idea why it was so busy that day. I kind of liked the busy though. I enjoy people watching so a busy beach without kids was kind of interesting and a sight not often seen.

We had a cabana at Serenity Bay on our last cruise, just to try one there. It was just as nice as the ones we've had on the family beach, but we decided it really wasn't necessary to enjoy the quiet on that beach. The beach did seem to start getting more crowded after lunch, but was still peaceful.

There is an adults only restaurant there which serves pretty much the same menu as Cookies on the family beach, with one exception..... they have small rib eye steaks that they grill to order.

If you swim there, it's really not all that deep and there is no shark net (like at the family beach), so you may see more marine life. I saw plenty of starfish and a few small rays, but nothing dangerous.

All in all..... a very nice, quiet way to spend the day. We WILL go back!

That sounds like the way to take a vacation. Thanks for the info about the adults only restaurant. I was hoping we wouldn't have to leave our slice of heaven to find something to eat.

Only one cruise, and went adult-only, so I can't compare SB to the family beach. But we went kind of during the off-season (Dec. 10, 2011) and our beach was so empty. Tons of empty chairs, esp. the farther out you got. We had no real plans for the day, we grouped up with our awesome table mates, and it was seriously out of a commercial. Never felt more relaxed in my life. Literally sat on that beach for hours with my toes in the water. Waded in a few times. Had lunch (which was not crowded). Sat longer. It rained/sprinkled for about 5-10 minutes and everyone started running away. Maybe it's because I live in the desert and rarely get rain, but I loved the whole experience and just stayed put.

I don't remember a name to the place where they served the bbq at SB. I don't think it was on the map because we were surprised that it was there. We were planning on going back to the family beach for lunch. We ran into our tablemates and had an enjoyable lunch, even saw Captain Marco enjoying lunch. This was in April.

We will miss SB next year, we will have a little one with us.

DSC_0562.jpg

DW and I do DCL just the two of us whenever we can and take our children to WDW until they're older. We have nevere missed a chance to go Serenity Bay whenever we stop at CC. It's a great way to chill after sweating out some butter running the Castaway 5K. What can I say that others have not already? Beautiful, serene, tropical paradise....

Oh yeah...and Lobster

IMG_1131.jpg

That's right, boys and girls. If the wind blows right and the big mouse is feeling generous, the wonderful gents may have lobsters on the grill around lunch time.:thumbsup2 This was back in July. I don't know how many of those bad boys I demolished but it was aaaaaaa-lot. :scared1:

DW was so tickled she snapped this of the grill men.

IMG_1134.jpg

Here's a look at the BBQ entrance. Shaded tables are to the left of the picture.

IMG_0754.jpg

Instead of lobster they sometimes have some rather nice brats...much higher quality that the usual mass-produced fare.

IMG_0753.jpg

Ok, ok...I know I should wash that down with some fruit or something to redeem myself. But do I? Nooooooo. I just gotta munch on enormous cookies and mango ice cream.

IMG_1133.jpg

Hope that helps!... D@mn...now I'm hungry....

This might be a good time to ask, we have a cabana at Serenity Bay on our upcoming cruise in Nov. We have never eaten at the adult restaurant, is there a fee for food on that side? This will be our 6th cruise and we have only gotten to that side once and where there for a very short time. I heard we can have food taken to our cabanas, that would be great! :thumbsup2 We do not plan to move, we intend to enjoy every peace of Serenity Bay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter