September?.......

Mills1878

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Hello everyone, new user to the site, always browsed and loved the forums and finally pressed the 'register' button :)

Me and my girlfriend are talking about taking a 2 week trip next year to Disney, and were as she has been before (August 2008), Im a disney virgin and was hoping I could use these forums and your help to become more familiar with Disney Orlando. We are talking about going in september 2010, this time is probably best due to my girlfriends graduation next summer but we are hearing mixed opinions from travel agents (maybe out to make a quick buck, but maybe not).

Have anyone of you guys been before in September? We are thinking it could be better in the case for less crowds/que, but we hear that the opening times and firework display times aren't the best, one of the things that appeals to me is the chance to be in parks late night, is this still do-able in september time?

We basically want the whole disney experience but with as less waiting time as possible (ideal world eh?) and are basically just starting to plan at the early stages based around what time of the year would suit us best. Thanks in advance for your help.

Ian

we got married there last sept, going back in just over a week and will be taking our 8/9 month old twins next sep as well

There is free dining on for next sept if you stay at disney which will help to save some money, we have it for this year

The crowds are fine we find and dont have to wait too long

Also some of the parks are decorated for halloween and Mickeys not so scary halloween party starts around 4th sept each year so you can choose to purchase tickets for that as well

We did this last year and loved it

Thanks for your reply!

How are the park opening times around this time? As I said it really appeals to me being in the parks late night and when its dark etc, as well as enjoying the great firework shows of an evening I've heard about. Would hate to go there and miss these things.

We always go in September, and I bet pretty much most people would go in Sept if they could, but can't due to having to stick to work/school schedules.

The parks do tend to close earlier than they do in June/July/August, but Sept times are pretty similar to the rest of the year's opening times. The water parks are open 10-5pm, which is pretty standard - the only difference being that there's no Extra Magic Hours, either in the morning or evenings.

Animal Kingdom closes at 5pm, which is again pretty standard. Then Epcot is 7pm (Future Wolrd), 9pm (Showcase). It's the one park that tends to stay open later. Magic Kingdom varies from 7pm (on party nights) to about 10pm (at weekends). Studios also range from about 6pm til 8pm.

But, even when the parks close, there are plenty of things to do - visit hotel restaurants, take a dip in the hotel pools, go to Downtown Disney.

Thanks twilight. If the park's hours are earlier than summer times, does that effect the firework displays of a night time? Illuminations and wishes is it?

Yes, it will do, but not dramatically; there will still be fireworks and stuff. If a display is normally carried out 30mins before closing, it's still done 30mins before, only instead of being 9:30pm for instance, it will be at say 7:30pm. The displays are never done in the light, if that's what you are worried about - it's always dark.

Thankfully, last year's times are in my Disney shoebox! :rotfl: Let's see:

For the week: Sept 7th - 13th 2008

Epcot
Future World: 9am-7pm
Showcase: 11am - 9pm
IllumiNations: 9pm

Magic Kingdom
Sun, Mon, Wed, Thurs: 9am-9pm
Tues, Fri: 9am-7pm (party nights)
Sat: 9am-10pm

Wishes
9pm (Sun, Mon, Wed, Thurs)
10pm (Sat)
No Wishes on party nights

Hope that helps!

This year will be the 6th time we have visited in September. It's a great time to visit, crowds are low, yet it's still hot. Don't worry about the parks closing, they close at the time they do the majority of the year and also, there is more to do in Orlando than just visit parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter