September

U

Unregistered

Is September a good time to go- I'm thinking mostly weather-wise. If anyone has been let me know. Thanks!!!

You've got to understand, it's Florida. There is water within 45 minutes of any given location in the state. This makes for an interesting storm forecast. While you can see statistically when rain normally falls, it could strike anytime. Florida rain is actually quite pleasant. And in September, the crowds are very low, so there's not a lot of outside time in Disney.

I can't count how many times I've been to Disney where it rained all day, but I can tell you that I can't think of one time where it ruined my trip. If it's raining, have fun with it. Get soaked! That's why you bring extra clothes, right?! Your kids (if applicable) will love getting as wet as possible as long as you make it exciting.

Tip...ride Kali Rapids during the rain. The waters get choppier, thus making the ride much more unpredictable.

we go in Sept. The weather is hot but the lines are almost non-existent. We have had the occasional rain shower that does not last long. We love it.

As long as you can slip in between hurricanes, you will be fine. I did a solo trip in 2004, in between Ivan and Frances (I think), changed my travel plans twice because of it. Saturday morning walking down the street in Frontierland was creepy, as it seemed like I was the only person there...
It was hot, but not unbearable.

Hello everybody! I'm also going in September.... so you say it's hot, but it will rain, so it'll refresh you, isn't it?
I've been before in Disney in April and May, and it rained but cleared (not the crowds though), what I'm a little worried now is for my kids (the eldest will turn 7 soon!), I come from a place when it rains you need to get out of it, since it's usually cold (not freezing), so I still worry a little.. but then I remember, in my home town always rained and it was hotter than Florida (oh yes, very humid and hot since I was born near a rainforest!) and I remember I used to play in the rain and it was delicious! hope it's the same here... :cloud9:

My DH & I HM there 16yrs ago but I remember that it was a great time. No lines, you almost feel like you have the whole place to yourself. We had great weather.... the nights were beautiful. If you go in Sept. have a great time. :thumbsup2

epcotking said:
You've got to understand, it's Florida. There is water within 45 minutes of any given location in the state. This makes for an interesting storm forecast. While you can see statistically when rain normally falls, it could strike anytime. Florida rain is actually quite pleasant. And in September, the crowds are very low, so there's not a lot of outside time in Disney.

I can't count how many times I've been to Disney where it rained all day, but I can tell you that I can't think of one time where it ruined my trip. If it's raining, have fun with it. Get soaked! That's why you bring extra clothes, right?! Your kids (if applicable) will love getting as wet as possible as long as you make it exciting.

Tip...ride Kali Rapids during the rain. The waters get choppier, thus making the ride much more unpredictable.

::yes:: :hyper:

we're going in Sep. too, I expect the best and it will be so. Small crowds, balmy weather and a few showers. Everything will be great.

disney09 said:
Hello everybody! I'm also going in September.... so you say it's hot, but it will rain, so it'll refresh you, isn't it?
I've been before in Disney in April and May, and it rained but cleared (not the crowds though), what I'm a little worried now is for my kids (the eldest will turn 7 soon!), I come from a place when it rains you need to get out of it, since it's usually cold (not freezing), so I still worry a little.. but then I remember, in my home town always rained and it was hotter than Florida (oh yes, very humid and hot since I was born near a rainforest!) and I remember I used to play in the rain and it was delicious! hope it's the same here... :cloud9:

Maybe you can convince him since you are in disney- the rain is more magical and fun to be in! run and jump in puddles and twirl around! find the fountains in EPCOT and run through them! :wizard:

will you listen to me-- i dont even have kids but that just sounds like so much fun to do! i think i will take my own advice and enjoy the september rain! :banana:

you are all making me so psyched for the low crowds in sept- this will be our first time going at that time!

Last Sept. (2nd-12th) the weather was VERY hot :sunny: and humid, so an afternoon break at our resort was a MUST! You could certainly tell the groups who HAD NOT taken the time-out by the obvious "good time"(??!!) :sad2: they seemed to be having by nightfall!!! BUT....crowd level, wait times, transportation, etc. was FANTASTIC!! :thumbsup2 Going again Sept. 14th-22nd this year!! :yay:

hi, anyone out there that will be @wdw during this time frame & staying @ old key west? Hope to see you there. :wave: :yay: :Pinkbounc :rotfl:

LBelle said:
Last Sept. (2nd-12th) the weather was VERY hot :sunny: and humid, so an afternoon break at our resort was a MUST! You could certainly tell the groups who HAD NOT taken the time-out by the obvious "good time"(??!!) :sad2: they seemed to be having by nightfall!!! BUT....crowd level, wait times, transportation, etc. was FANTASTIC!! :thumbsup2 Going again Sept. 14th-22nd this year!! :yay:

I always do that too. The afternoon pool break. I'm also headed down in September. 23rd - 29th I think.

maddhatir said:
Maybe you can convince him since you are in disney- the rain is more magical and fun to be in! run and jump in puddles and twirl around! find the fountains in EPCOT and run through them! :wizard:

will you listen to me-- i dont even have kids but that just sounds like so much fun to do! i think i will take my own advice and enjoy the september rain! :banana:

you are all making me so psyched for the low crowds in sept- this will be our first time going at that time!

Well, it's settled then! I'm happy that I booked in September, I will run with my kids in the fountains in Epcot and get wet! :woohoo: it's vacation time! :banana: You're right, I'll go back 30 years in time (ouch!). I love the idea that the crowds are low! I hate waiting in line so that beats the heat.

September 9th thru 17th in ASMO, here we come!! :cheer2:

disney09 said:
Well, it's settled then! I'm happy that I booked in September, I will run with my kids in the fountains in Epcot and get wet! :woohoo: it's vacation time! :banana: You're right, I'll go back 30 years in time (ouch!). I love the idea that the crowds are low! I hate waiting in line so that beats the heat.

September 9th thru 17th in ASMO, here we come!! :cheer2:

wooo hoooo-- were runnin' thru the puddles in sept and we ARE psyched (outta the way everyone!) :banana:

Hey guys, this might strike like an odd question will all the talk about heat and humidity :rolleyes1 but... do you need a sweater for the evenings? I was thinking in Fantasmic at 8:30pm, after a nice rain, will the air be kind of cool? or is it still warm at night? also thinking waiting for Spectromagic and afterwards... :dance3:

I was there mid Sept. 2004 and got there just in time for Hurricane Jeanne. So our first full day in WDW was spent banned to our room. But after that the weather was great. Sunny and hot. Could use the pool day and night. September is still hurricane season but then again hurricanes can come as early as June until as late as October. We had a great time though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter