September Visit Qs: Coasters, etc

vakamalua

DIS Veteran
Will be at DLP for only a day the third week in September on a Thursday and hoping the crowds wont't be too bad. A couple of Qs for you experts(we are veterans of WDW & DL);

--We a coaster 'wimps.' For example, Big Thunder is our limit while Space Mountain, Rockin' Roller is too much. Please advise on how Indiana Jones and Crush's coaster would compare.

--We are taking the Disneyland Express bus from Paris (Chatelet). If anyone has done this, are the stated departure times reliable?

--Are there any characters in either park that are 'French?' Mickey in a beret perhaps? Where would you find them?

--We would like to have lunch or dinner at Chez Remy's; will we need a reservation? Would you suggest starting in the Movie park and having lunch before leaving or starting in DL and ending with dinner at Remy's in the Movie park?

--Could anyone provide a link for a printable map of each park?

Thanks!

Indiana Jones is the only other coaster Ive done in DLP but it does go upside down and Im not really too keen on it. Crush is very spiny and fast and there is no way I will even try it.
To put it in comparison with DL- Ive done Space there several times and love it (but Space in DLP goes upside down so I won't do it). Ive also done California Screaming once and can say I did it but won't be doing it again in a hurry.

I would definitely book for Chez Remy then at least yu know you have a reservation.

The Studios close earlier than the main park so Im not sure if Remys will be open for dinner - a lot of table service restaurants in the park aren't.

You could take the train from Chatelet to DLP. They run every 10-15 minutes from 5.20 am to 00.00 and take 35 minutes.

That's more often than a bus, faster as they won't get stuck in traffic and cheaper as a return is 15.20€

If BTM is your limit you won't like Crush or IJ at all - Crush you spin round and up and down in the dark and IJ has a looping

As pp said SM has 3 inversions in Paris including a looping and a corkscrew so I wouldn't go near that either ;)

Ratatouille is a nice ride and very cleverly done so do try that.

Have you tried www.dlpguide.com - really good site full of great info. Not sure if there's a printable map though. The Studios are quite small, not sure you'll need a map as once you've got your bearings it's quite easy.

The lands in the main park all lead off the hub in front of the castle, again quite easy to navigate with the exception of Adventureland which is a bit of a maze.

Last sitting for Remy's will be 5pm. I'd suggest going to the Studios first, having lunch there at about 1:00 and then head over to the main park. Definitely make a reservation - booking number is 33 1 60 30 40 50 - choose option 2 if you want an English speaking operator.

If you want to ride the Ratatoullie ride then I'd suggest either getting there very early for fast passes, or if your party are old enough, use the single rider line. The rats take 6 people and often you end up in the same rat or next to each other using single rider.

The parks are very close together, literally 5 minutes walk between them. And the train station is right beside them both too so you could park hop easily if you wanted.

Hope you have a great day :goodvibes

Helpful info! Thanks! Although I'm trying to call for reservations and it says the call cannot be completed. Is there a trick to dialing from the US?

Helpful info! Thanks! Although I'm trying to call for reservations and it says the call cannot be completed. Is there a trick to dialing from the US?

You've done the 00 first ;) 00 33 1 60 30 40 50 - shouldn't be a pb otherwise :confused3

Will be at DLP for only a day the third week in September on a Thursday and hoping the crowds wont't be too bad. A couple of Qs for you experts(we are veterans of WDW & DL);

--We a coaster 'wimps.' For example, Big Thunder is our limit while Space Mountain, Rockin' Roller is too much. Please advise on how Indiana Jones and Crush's coaster would compare.

--We are taking the Disneyland Express bus from Paris (Chatelet). If anyone has done this, are the stated departure times reliable?

Thanks!
Make sure you look for ride closures. We went on a Monday, and certain rides were just closed due to the low attendance. However we did get to just stay on PoTC!

Indiana Jones has a single loop, outdoors. DLParis Spacemountain has a launch up the hill and inversions.
Crushes coaster is very similar to Goofys Sky School or Primeval Whirl. Wildmouse style rides where the turtle shell spins. Make sure you get there relatively early since it is a top attraction and has no FP.

Any reason for taking the bus over the RER-A line? It departs directly from the station and doesn't have road traffic. Just be sure to grab the line that takes you to Parc Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter