• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September/October 2014 Roll Call

We came home to intermittent internet connection issues so I haven't been able to connect much at all. e-Withdrawal symptoms is not pleasant!!!
I hope the service provider technician can fix it when he comes a-calling on Tuesday.

Aside from that, it was a great trip. Way to short but I was glad to have made the trek over. We spent a lot of time catching up with the family and friends and as that was the main aim of the trip, it was all good.

Hope everyone is well.

We're here! Well technically we are in Carlsbad because we just did out first day of Legoland today, back again tomorrow, but DH and I are itching to get back to Disney! The first two days were magical! We are in love :) Legoland is fine, and I'm glad we came, but we both agreed it just doesn't have the same magic as Disney. TBH it felt a bit like we could have been at Dreamworld.
I'm soooo glad we are here at Halloween time, just the buzz in the air is electric from all the excitement, and as much as I'm not a Halloween lover for us downunder, I'm loving all the costumes here :) Halloween night is going to be awesome!

Oh and we got these awesome passes to ride Radiator Springs Racers - on our way from our hotel to dinner at DTD on the first night, we saw a cast member dressed in his "Cars" uniform. My 4 year old was eying him off something chronic, so he struck up a conversation. Then he said he could see how keen my 4 year old was about RSR, so he wrote us out a special fast pass! Soooo grateful for that because it meant we got to ride RSR twice that day :)

Having a fantastic time, yesterday the weather was cold so my plans to go to Blizzard Beach didn't happen - it was strange seeing everyone wearing jumpers and cast members at MK and DTD all had big coats and gloves on!

The new Fantasyland is beautiful, looking forward to our BourG reservation tomorrow night!

I love the ease of having fastpasses attached to our MB but not being able to work the park for multiple FP has meant a few long waits for attractions we didn't have last trip. And so many of the attractions you can get FP for really don't need them (eg Monsters Inc Laugh Floor).

Another problem is last trip if I picked up 6 FP for Tower of Terror then only 3 of us wanted to ride we could each go through twice (we have 6 in our party and a few of them don't do the big thrill rides) but now to do that we have to swap our bands which is annoying and probably not supposed to be done;) Plus if we no longer need a FP we can't pass it along to others waiting in line which we used to enjoy doing. I have FP for meeting Anna and Elsa we won't need (we met them on the cruise) and it would be lovely to share some pixie dust and give them away...

Oh and Halloween decorations are nearly all gone - Christmas is on it's way to the parks:)

Having a fantastic time, yesterday the weather was cold so my plans to go to Blizzard Beach didn't happen - it was strange seeing everyone wearing jumpers and cast members at MK and DTD all had big coats and gloves on!

The new Fantasyland is beautiful, looking forward to our BourG reservation tomorrow night!

I love the ease of having fastpasses attached to our MB but not being able to work the park for multiple FP has meant a few long waits for attractions we didn't have last trip. And so many of the attractions you can get FP for really don't need them (eg Monsters Inc Laugh Floor).

Another problem is last trip if I picked up 6 FP for Tower of Terror then only 3 of us wanted to ride we could each go through twice (we have 6 in our party and a few of them don't do the big thrill rides) but now to do that we have to swap our bands which is annoying and probably not supposed to be done;) Plus if we no longer need a FP we can't pass it along to others waiting in line which we used to enjoy doing. I have FP for meeting Anna and Elsa we won't need (we met them on the cruise) and it would be lovely to share some pixie dust and give them away...

Oh and Halloween decorations are nearly all gone - Christmas is on it's way to the parks:)

Glad you're having a great time, dabecs.

Out of curiousity. What was the news around WDW with the 7DMT on fire?

Hi PiO - we were at Epcot today, we are at MK tomorrow so will see what is happening in the area. I read about it this morning on Facebook and have not heard anyone talking about it on the bus or at the park..

We haven't been on 7dmt yet so I hope it wasn't too serious, and I hope it doesn't affect the fireworks..

Hi PiO - we were at Epcot today, we are at MK tomorrow so will see what is happening in the area. I read about it this morning on Facebook and have not heard anyone talking about it on the bus or at the park..

We haven't been on 7dmt yet so I hope it wasn't too serious, and I hope it doesn't affect the fireworks..

:thumbsup2

Have fun. It was apparently superficial damage. I gather the ride is back up and running.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter