September/October 2013 check in

Kristin5 said:
Good luck for tomorrow! :thumbsup2

What a windfall that'd be, huh?! Fingers crossed for you :)

:offtopic: does anyone else have trouble logging onto Disboards around 8-8:30pm? This happens to me every night, where I get some sort of server error message :confused:

Me too. It's a pain because it's usually th first time of th day I get a chance to get on!

Thanks for the good luck!

Kristin5 said:
Good luck for tomorrow! :thumbsup2

What a windfall that'd be, huh?! Fingers crossed for you :)

:offtopic: does anyone else have trouble logging onto Disboards around 8-8:30pm? This happens to me every night, where I get some sort of server error message :confused:

We call it the Twilight Zone and it happens every night, it must be for system upgrades or something. It's in the middle of the night for most in the US but post dinner and kids bedtime for us :(

My planning has come to a halt. I have a job interview tomorrow so all my energies have been going into preparing for that. One Disney upside is that if I get it, the payout of leave from my current job will cover DL tickets and most of our accommodation. Added incentive!

Good luck!

Then it will be time for all the DL character meal bookings and Mickey's Halloween party (which we didn't do last time - we underestimated DS love for all things Halloween! After being at DL during Halloween time, he is now a total addict!).

I'm convinced that a lot of the excitement of a holiday is in the planning/booking stages!

I agree. It's so much fun planning. I'm hoping that there's a halloween party before we head home. Lara has had a school friend who went to one last year and told her all about it. She told Eloise and now they have it in their heads that we'll be going to one.

My planning has come to a halt. I have a job interview tomorrow so all my energies have been going into preparing for that. One Disney upside is that if I get it, the payout of leave from my current job will cover DL tickets and most of our accommodation. Added incentive!

Good luck for your interview tomorrow.

Not much happening here for the last few days either. Back to work in less than 2 weeks and I've been busy planning for that....planning science, library and maths lessons are no where near as much fun as planning our holiday.

Alicia - Can you please update my dates in the first post? I'm tentatively looking at the 15th Sep - 12 Oct. Target destinations: DLR, Sedona, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Mesa Verde, Durango, Orlando (Universal and WDW).

Thanks!

I agree. It's so much fun planning. I'm hoping that there's a halloween party before we head home. Lara has had a school friend who went to one last year and told her all about it. She told Eloise and now they have it in their heads that we'll be going to one.

From memory, they start them towards the end of September, with the first being the last Friday of the month, so you might get to go to one on the Friday before you go home (27th Sept). I think we'll go to the Tuesday night party, which should be on 1st Oct. Hope you get to go, wouldn't want the girls to be disappointed! Lol

From memory, they start them towards the end of September, with the first being the last Friday of the month, so you might get to go to one on the Friday before you go home (27th Sept). I think we'll go to the Tuesday night party, which should be on 1st Oct. Hope you get to go, wouldn't want the girls to be disappointed! Lol

Lol....if that we're the case, Eloise would be in seventh heaven....that's her birthday!

We're going October 15-20. BWV Grand Villa. Super excited. DD3 first trip. Cant wait. Planning has started.

grinder6 said:
We're going October 15-20. BWV Grand Villa. Super excited. DD3 first trip. Cant wait. Planning has started.

Congratulations grinder6! We love hearing about everyone's travel plans even the non-Disney parts. Welcome.

Thanks everyone. I've gotten a lot of great information from all of you. Now that it's official, I thought I'd join the page. There will be 7 of us going. My parents, my brother and sister-in-law from California, and my wife and daughter who will be 4 for her first trip. My wife also has never been. Time to share the magic.

Welcome Grinder! A grand villa? That will be a lot of fun :)

So this morning I booked flights from LA to Las Vegas! AA had five first class seats available for frequent flyer points, so now we're flying to Vegas instead of driving. Never flown first class before - it's just a shame the flight is only an hour long and I'll have the three rugrats in tow so I won't be able to enjoy it all that much!

We will stay at the airport the day we fly in and then fly to Vegas at midday the next day. Another thing to check off the list!

Welcome Grinder.

I have also booked our LA-Orlando-LA flights using frequent flyer points. Total cost for 5 people was $23. Pretty happy with that. Our points balance is looking a little sad.

Still need to find a hotel in San Francisco, and book car hire.

Welcome Grinder! A grand villa? That will be a lot of fun :)

So this morning I booked flights from LA to Las Vegas! AA had five first class seats available for frequent flyer points, so now we're flying to Vegas instead of driving. Never flown first class before - it's just a shame the flight is only an hour long and I'll have the three rugrats in tow so I won't be able to enjoy it all that much!

We will stay at the airport the day we fly in and then fly to Vegas at midday the next day. Another thing to check off the list!

How exciting! I haven't even flown business class, let alone first class (actually, didn't know they had first class on those short flights!) I'm sure you'll enjoy it, no matter how short it is!

Jade, $23 is a bargain for those flights - I have a Qantas ff card, but rarely use it, so my balance is tiny. But it seems like it must be very worthwhile to have (if used!)

Jade+3 said:
Welcome Grinder.

I have also booked our LA-Orlando-LA flights using frequent flyer points. Total cost for 5 people was $23. Pretty happy with that. Our points balance is looking a little sad.

Still need to find a hotel in San Francisco, and book car hire.

Yep, ours were $12:50 all up - pretty happy with that. I hate how much Qantas charge in taxes on flights leaving Australia. The US ones are far more better value for money

Kristin5 said:
How exciting! I haven't even flown business class, let alone first class (actually, didn't know they had first class on those short flights!) I'm sure you'll enjoy it, no matter how short it is!

Jade, $23 is a bargain for those flights - I have a Qantas ff card, but rarely use it, so my balance is tiny. But it seems like it must be very worthwhile to have (if used!)

I'm not expecting much tbh, but it's still fun to say I'm going first class :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts