September/October 2013 check in

Thanks Karen.

We normally do Alamo when in Florida but with that discount code, looks like Budget might be the way to go.

Thanks Karen.

We normally do Alamo when in Florida but with that discount code, looks like Budget might be the way to go.

use either
W810011

or

Y937800...

we love budget, so clean, new and easy..when at WDW we pick up from doubletree @ DTD.....we just hop a bus to DTD and walk...or you can arrange for the shuttle 24hrs in advance to come get you:thumbsup2..and its always cheaper getting the car from DTD than from the airport....

Karen, how far is budget at Cape Canaveral to the port? We have always used National or Alamo but I don't think they have a depot there.

Another question, if we get a shuttle from Port Canaveral to the airport, can we then get the bus to WDW? Problem is there are 7 of us and I don't think all of our luggage will fit in a mini van.

Jade+3 said:
Karen, how far is budget at Cape Canaveral to the port? We have always used National or Alamo but I don't think they have a depot there.

Another question, if we get a shuttle from Port Canaveral to the airport, can we then get the bus to WDW? Problem is there are 7 of us and I don't think all of our luggage will fit in a mini van.

It's about 2 min by shuttle to the port.

If you are staying at wide resort then you can use ME from the airport but it may be cheaper and quicker to get shuttle straight to wdw . I'm sure you can rent a shuttle for cheaper than transfer on dcl bus .... Check out the mouse savers site under wdw transport .

I'm so excited - I booked the Grand Californian hotel today! We will split our stay between this (for our son's birthday) and probably the Fairfield Inn. I never thought we'd ever get to stay in this hotel, as it is so $$$$, but I was able to get a good rate due to gay days.

I have chosen hotels for Denver and Las Vegas too (has anyone stayed at Signature Suites? We were going to stay at the Paris hotel, where we stayed last time, but Signature Suites looks pretty swish!) but I am putting off booking them until I get flights. Oh, I wish the flight specials would come out!

Friends will now be travelling with us - my friend from work and her 2 children aged 13 and 15 (they often babysit my son). Sadly my friend's husband recently died after a short battle with cancer, so they are in need of some cheering up and certainly need something to look forward too! I am now the trip organiser - I just hope she likes everything I have planned!

I'm so excited - I booked the Grand Californian hotel today! We will split our stay between this (for our son's birthday) and probably the Fairfield Inn. I never thought we'd ever get to stay in this hotel, as it is so $$$$, but I was able to get a good rate due to gay days.

I have chosen hotels for Denver and Las Vegas too (has anyone stayed at Signature Suites? We were going to stay at the Paris hotel, where we stayed last time, but Signature Suites looks pretty swish!) but I am putting off booking them until I get flights. Oh, I wish the flight specials would come out!

Friends will now be travelling with us - my friend from work and her 2 children aged 13 and 15 (they often babysit my son). Sadly my friend's husband recently died after a short battle with cancer, so they are in need of some cheering up and certainly need something to look forward too! I am now the trip organiser - I just hope she likes everything I have planned!

she'll love it.....enjoy the ride!

It's about 2 min by shuttle to the port.

If you are staying at wide resort then you can use ME from the airport but it may be cheaper and quicker to get shuttle straight to wdw . I'm sure you can rent a shuttle for cheaper than transfer on dcl bus .... Check out the mouse savers site under wdw transport .

Thanks Karen. I haven't even started looking at transport yet. Still wanting to book those flights first.

For what it's worth for our trip in September, I finish work here in Perth at 5pm on Fri the 27th Sep, catch the midnight flight for Sydney, a couple of hour layover before the LA flight, a couple of hours before a Vegas flight to pick up the Boss and the DD5, then straight to Orlando to arrive on the Saturday night about 7pm. And on the way back we arrive back in Perth at 3pm Saturday arvo for Monday back at work. I use every available minute of holiday time because it's so few and far between!!
Look out Disney World.....

Kristin5 said:

We were looking at the Signature Suites because that's where our friends were originally going to have their wedding. They look AMAZING!

We were looking at the Signature Suites because that's where our friends were originally going to have their wedding. They look AMAZING!

Yeah, it does look like a nice hotel. Good rates too. My only hesitation is that it's not right on the strip, but maybe with 3 kids in tow, that's not such a bad thing?! And I've been told it's pretty close to the shops at Planet Hollywood (which I like to spend some time in :thumbsup2) and I think the monorail runs alongside as well (which I have never used because I have always stayed on the strip).

Where have you booked into?

Kristin5 said:
Yeah, it does look like a nice hotel. Good rates too. My only hesitation is that it's not right on the strip, but maybe with 3 kids in tow, that's not such a bad thing?! And I've been told it's pretty close to the shops at Planet Hollywood (which I like to spend some time in :thumbsup2) and I think the monorail runs alongside as well (which I have never used because I have always stayed on the strip).

Where have you booked into?

They are now getting married at the Platinum Hotel so we'll be off strip (with three kids) too :)

I got very excited on xmas day when I rolled over in bed and saw an e-mail from Qantas titled:

"It's the one you've been waiting for, 2013 Seat Sale on now"...

sadly it was for domestic airfares only...the patient wait continues

according to my countdown app on my phone we are at 265 days today. omg. that's practically no time!! (just under 9 months).

and i'm thinking of changing our itinerary yet again.

wow, some of you really do maximise your travel to get the most out of your holidays :) i have been given explicit instructions that some of our travellers need 'down time' after returning and need 'down time' while on the trip... these crazy, crazy people :rotfl2: i'm just planning on packing lots into our trip and they can choose to sit certain events out if they wish :)

lol no, that will be just the 2 of us in 2014 for wdw.

we had our dates booked in. sept 20 - oct 7 to facilitate annual leave allowances by 2 of our travellers. just a short 17 day trip... dates are fully locked in and cannot be changed due to annual leave policies etc.

i am thinking of changing our eastern cruise to a western cruise due to our desired itinerary not being offered after 2013.. plus still including the requisite # of days at dlr and universal.

it would make it easier to travel to wdw instead of dlr, keeping the whole trip on the east coast, but wdw doesn't have cars land and our additional travellers are very, very keen to go to dlr instead of wdw. so... lots of planning and shuffling etc to be done :)

Our trip is all planned out and has been for some time. All accomodation for the 29 nights now booked, and some even prepaid ( San Diego, Phoenix, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Sequoia, Yosemite, Monterey, Pismo Beach, Universal & Anaheim ). And in the last week I have put all the USD we will need onto a Visa prepaid travel card.

go caroline!!

my prob is that while i am the trip planner extraordinaire for our vacations, i am booking for 4 adults who have ideas and thoughts and needs and wants of their own and want a say in what they spend their money on... my struggle is making all of these diverse opinions fit with the logistics of moving us all around and ensuring we get a nice balanced trip with no one feeling like 'their stuff' didn't get enough time or attention... it's exhausting, i tell you. also, they are only depositing money into my account each week, right up until several weeks before we go, so it will be a while before they have accumulated enough for me to 'pay' for various accomodations etc.

i can't wait for our 2014 vacation where it's just me & carlo and i can do all the deciding and so forth myself...that will be bliss.

I really feel for you Alicia, it must be sooo hard trying to accomodate everyone.

Now that all accomodation is locked in I am moving on to reseaching what we are going to see and do throughout the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter