September - Magic Bands?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by apainterxx44, Aug 7, 2013.

1. apainterxx44

apainterxx44 Mouseketeer

How do you know that they've shipped? Mine just still lets me personalize them.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. triciahen244

triciahen244 Earning My Ears

My family and I are staying at Pop Century 9/24-9/29. I've been checking everyday for "customize magic bands" to pop up. When I logged in last night, a screen popped up that said begin customizing your magic bands. I was super excited :). But when I clicked on it, it brought me to the same page that says "whether you're using key to the world card or magic bands blah blah blah". :( I think I'm going to try to do our online check in and see if that works.

4. DaddyMickey

DaddyMickey Earning My Ears

To those of you booking fadtpass+ later in September are you having any luck with experience based fastpasses or BOG quick service or basically just rides at this point?

5. DaddyMickey

Try online check like the lady above said. Worked for me.

6. SuperNEMOfan

SuperNEMOfan Mouseketeer

You'll get an email when they are being shipped.

7. Wynnebee

Wynnebee Earning My Ears

I'm wondering if its because we are staying at AoA night before our package at Coronado. It's room only. Who knows.

8. MightyGitis

MightyGitis Jedi

That's exactly why. AoA is a September testing hotel.

9. SuperDan523

SuperDan523 Mouseketeer

I'm at Pop Sept 16-24. I can now pick FP+ for any time including days not in my stay (I do have an AP good through October). Still no request to customize my Magic Bands. I'm hesitant to poke at my online check-in since I've made room requests by phone and I don't want online check-in to wipe those out. I'm sitting at 31 days right now from my Pop reservation. I guess I should just keep checking the MDE website to see if it ever lets me customize bands?

10. Wynnebee

Wynnebee Earning My Ears

I'm hoping they carry over then for the rest of the trip. It let me do fast pass + for the whole week

11. nataliej_vk

nataliej_vk Mouseketeer

I have customized my MB and selected some days for FP+ but I dont check out till October first and it will not let me do FP+ for Sept 28-30th? any Idea why?

12. MightyGitis

MightyGitis Jedi

It doesn't seem that FP+ has come online for Sept 28th and later. A lot of people have said that. I would keep checking back for it to come up.

13. DisCanadian7

DisCanadian7 Earning My Ears

I have the option in my FP+ selection to Oct 10 strange but true!

14. DisCanadian7

DisCanadian7 Earning My Ears

Actually just checked MDX and looks like up to the 14th of October to select now one month past end of holiday weirded eh?

15. MightyGitis

MightyGitis Jedi

Then it must be just POR because all the people saying they couldn't go past Sept 28 were at that hotel. Now THAT is strange for sure.

16. PixieMamaAma

PixieMamaAma Been to WDW 8 times since 1982 and going #9 in 201

I just customized magic bands utilizing the "check in" trick. So, I've already checked into the Poly for 9/13! So happy! Thanks to whoever suggested this on DIS boards!

17. makochibi

makochibi Earning My Ears

I am staying at Pop 9/27-10/3. I was able to make FP+ for the first two days, but not for the 29th and on. I really hope at least the 29th opens up because that is our only MK day and it is my DD's birthday. Unknowingly I did the check in trick (I had to make a change since we will be getting in earlier than expected) and after I did that I was able to set up my MB. It is still giving me 10 more days to edit them, so I am guessing they will ship at the 30 day mark.

18. snausman

snausman Mouseketeer

Your phone room request have nothing to do with online check in. All request are noted on your reservations. There is nothing stopping you from doing on line check in. You can always do online check in and then order your MB and then re call in your request, but the CM will tell you that they see your request all ready.

Laura

19. DaddyMickey

This may be a dumb question because I think I saw it answered ..... But I cannot find it. With fast pass+, have guests testing still has a plastic key to use for regular paper fast passes? Thanks.

20. snausman

snausman Mouseketeer

People have been reporting back that yes they also get the KTTW. Which is the plastic key.

Laura

21. TeatimeZombie

TeatimeZombie Princess in Training

My husband and I just logged on our My Disney Experience page yesterday & we got the option to customize our magic bands, & they are currently being made & are going to be shipped to us any day now, also booked some Fast Past+ attractions. :) Staying at the Polynesian Resort for anyone wondering, checking in on 09/10.