September cruises

NatsyNoo

Earning My Ears
I'm just speculating since my Qs were not answered re September 2012 cruises yesterday

I have looked at September 2011 to get an idea for the dates of possible cruises the following year and there is only one 7 night cruise scheduled for the month (end of the month) but 3/4 night Bahamians are consistent

I am not sure if this is because there are currently only 2 ships (and with 4 ships, more itineraries will run in the Caribbean in September 2012); or whether cruises don't tend to run so frequently at this time of year due to possible inclement weather

Am I being crazy to hope for a 7 night cruise in mid-September (i.e. on the Fantasy) based on previous year schedules? Or is it possible/probable I will get what I want?

That is because that Sep 24 2011 cruise is the 1st after the transatlantic when the Magic comes back to Florida. It was just announced the new itineraries for the Fantasy starting Apr 2012 and it will be doing the 7 night Eastern and Western cruises.

I don't see why there wouldn't be a 7 Night on the Fantasy available for late Sep 2012.

Were you thinking of Eastern or Western?

I'd prefer western but would take either just to get 7 nights on the ship!

We are looking at cruising on Saturday 15th September 2012 (I think the 7 nighters depart on Saturdays) so just hoping there is a 7 night cruise!

I just couldn't tell if September Caribbean cruises are just not usually done or whether it was because of only being 2 ships, which is what it sounds like, as the Magic was over my way before

Thanks!

Does anyone else have any thoughts or is the general consensus as per the above?

Yes the 7 night traditionally depart on Sat.'s and we did the Western on the Magic last year Sep 5-11. The itinerary has changed slightly for the Fantasy but Grand Cayman was worth it - absolutely beautiful!

I'm just speculating since my Qs were not answered re September 2012 cruises yesterday

I have looked at September 2011 to get an idea for the dates of possible cruises the following year and there is only one 7 night cruise scheduled for the month (end of the month) but 3/4 night Bahamians are consistent

I am not sure if this is because there are currently only 2 ships (and with 4 ships, more itineraries will run in the Caribbean in September 2012); or whether cruises don't tend to run so frequently at this time of year due to possible inclement weather

Am I being crazy to hope for a 7 night cruise in mid-September (i.e. on the Fantasy) based on previous year schedules? Or is it possible/probable I will get what I want?
I think it's pretty safe to assume, considering the port schedules on an earlier thread, that you will get your September cruise. That is my wish too.:goodvibes The schedule should be as follows:

9-1-12 Western
9-8-12 Eastern
9-15-12 Western
9-22-12 Eastern
9-29-12 Western
10-6-12 Eastern

The cost for these cruises will most likely be considerably less than any of the prices that we have seen on the Fantasy as of yet. I base this on the fact that September through mid December is off season.

I think it's pretty safe to assume, considering the port schedules on an earlier thread, that you will get your September cruise. That is my wish too.:goodvibes The schedule should be as follows:

9-1-12 Western
9-8-12 Eastern
9-15-12 Western
9-22-12 Eastern
9-29-12 Western
10-6-12 Eastern

The cost for these cruises will most likely be considerably less than any of the prices that we have seen on the Fantasy as of yet. I base this on the fact that September through mid December is off season.

You've made my day! Thank you!
I really hope you're right as that's my dream scenario!
And I hope you're right about the price too :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter