September 9, 2013 - WONDERful re-positioning trip to LA

If your girls are 4 I assume they were 3 or younger on their 1st cruise. How was it taking two toddlers on a large ship?

We did this very cruise last year with our two boys aged 2.5 and 4 at the time. It was FABULOUS!!! So much for families to do and time for us adults to have a little of our own time. The nursery was SO flexible with our 2yro and never had any problems find time to book him in. Our biggest difficulty was my oldest can be a little shy so at times he didn't want to go to the club or would mope when we left him. He'd usually call us after about 1.5hrs asking to be picked up. I'm hoping that with another year under his belt and the fact that his brother is old enough to join him in the club now that difficulty will have resolved itself. I found out on the 2nd to last day of the cruise; if you tell the staff you're have dinner or whatever and don't want to be interrupted they'll try harder to redirect your child instead of call you unless they're crying then they'll still call.

Hope that helps!
Melissa

Hi Everyone! I went ahead and created a Facebook page. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/239388556205821/ It's a closed group so you have to ask to join but it is searchable for others joining us!

Let me know if there is something you think I should add! I can't wait for September. Is anyone able to set up a FE group? I'm willing to help but i'm not comfortable in running it. This'll be my 1st FE and could use some guidance.

:beach:

No problem! :) But I was just thinking... How do you keep track of people? DIS names and such? Or do we need to?

Yes, thank you!

I have been on one before, and whenever someone was approved, the admin would say, "welcome _______ tell us your dis name and who is in your party!"

Another way is to upload a document where people can add their name and party, and edit it.

happy55girl said:
Hi Everyone! I went ahead and created a Facebook page. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/239388556205821/ It's a closed group so you have to ask to join but it is searchable for others joining us

I just want to make sure I am requesting to join the correct page. This cruise is 9/9 - 9/14 but the FB page says September 13. Does it mean 2013?

BaileyFamily704 said:
I just want to make sure I am requesting to join the correct page. This cruise is 9/9 - 9/14 but the FB page says September 13. Does it mean 2013?

I thought the same thing. Yes, it is the correct cruise.

Hi Everyone! I went ahead and created a Facebook page. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/239388556205821/ It's a closed group so you have to ask to join but it is searchable for others joining us!

Let me know if there is something you think I should add! I can't wait for September. Is anyone able to set up a FE group? I'm willing to help but i'm not comfortable in running it. This'll be my 1st FE and could use some guidance.

:beach:

Ohhh I hope someone sets up the FE, this is our first cruise ever and I want to do this soooo bad!

Sent requests to join the FB page. I didn't see the request to join on the FB page until after I sent you a message.

Hello, everyone!

My husband and I will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary onboard the day after SF. (We've been together 19 y). Got married in Vancouver BC. And we're doing the Panama Canal Crossing back-to-back. We love the sea days. Plus we used to live in SF.

It seems there are many newbies booked. It'll be numbers 10 & 11 on DCL for us, so on the PC cruise we should get Platinum.

If anyone has any questions, please ask!

Nobbi & Jack

We are finally paid in full!!!

Now I can start thinking about cruise extras. I know someone mentioned a month or so back that someone had expressed an interest in begining the FE for our adventure, has that happened yet?
If not, would anyone be interested in working together to set one up. I have never participated in one, let alone ran one but I would love to team up with someone who has some previous experience and get something started.

We are finally paid in full!!!

Now I can start thinking about cruise extras. I know someone mentioned a month or so back that someone had expressed an interest in begining the FE for our adventure, has that happened yet?
If not, would anyone be interested in working together to set one up. I have never participated in one, let alone ran one but I would love to team up with someone who has some previous experience and get something started.
I don't believe that anyone has started a FE for our cruise. I have never organized one but I have participated in one and would love to be involved in organizing one. It sounds like a lot of fun! I would love to be a partner and help get things rolling!

I don't believe that anyone has started a FE for our cruise. I have never organized one but I have participated in one and would love to be involved in organizing one. It sounds like a lot of fun! I would love to be a partner and help get things rolling!

I am so excited to have someone working with me for this.
Email me at Baileyfamily704@xxxxx.xxx with your contact info (name, email etc.) And we can get this started.

I sent you a PM but I am not sure it worked as it isnt listed in my sent box so I think email would work better.

Welcome to the the Fish Extender Exchange Group for the September 9, 2013 Disney Wonder California Coast Cruise!

If you'd like to join, please post the following information and be sure to subscribe to this thread to receive updates:

-- DISboard username
-- Cabin # (if you know it already)
-- Family Last Name (helps with personalizing family gifts)
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
-- Favorite Disney character for each of the people in your cabin, if any (this helps if people make gifts specific to the people in the room)
-- Any special cruise celebrations
-- Any food allergies, etc

If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" for example. As families join, I'll post a master list of our group. That way, you can go back to that entry at anytime to see who all is in our group. The week after our cut-off has passed, I can make a spreadsheet of all the info., organized by deck for convenience, and either post it to Google Docs or you can PM with your e-mail so I can send it to you.

For those who are new to this fun cruise experience, the Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy, you can also find some pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then exchange little gifts with others participating in the group by putting little gifts in each others extenders.

Here is a thread with some basic info about it:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

It's a ton of fun, not just for kids, and you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. No real set rules, just exchange and have fun! Gifts can be homemade or store bought. That's part of the fun . . . the variety of gifts that everyone brings!

All gifts should be delivered between the cruise leaving port on Monday September 9th and early evening on Friday, September 12th. That will give people time to still be able to pack their bags on Friday (they usually have to be outside cabin doors by 10:30 that evening) before we leave the ship on Saturday morning.

Our group will close Tuesday, July 9th (2 months prior to sail date). This allows people plenty of time to order, make, assemble, personalize, etc their gifts. Thank you!!

If we see an outstanding response from willing participants we may divide the total list into smaller groups of 20-25 cabins per group. By doing this it is less running around from stateroom to stateroom so you may enjoy your vacation and not spend the entire time running around like crazy looking for different rooms. Plus it is less gifts to make or buy and less that you have to worry about packing and traveling with.

Welcome to the the Fish Extender Exchange Group for the September 9, 2013 Disney Wonder California Coast Cruise!

If you'd like to join, please post the following information and be sure to subscribe to this thread to receive updates:

-- DISboard username
-- Cabin # (if you know it already)
-- Family Last Name (helps with personalizing family gifts)
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
-- Favorite Disney character for each of the people in your cabin, if any (this helps if people make gifts specific to the people in the room)
-- Any special cruise celebrations
-- Any food allergies, etc

If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" for example. As families join, I'll post a master list of our group. That way, you can go back to that entry at anytime to see who all is in our group. The week after our cut-off has passed, I can make a spreadsheet of all the info., organized by deck for convenience, and either post it to Google Docs or you can PM with your e-mail so I can send it to you.

For those who are new to this fun cruise experience, the Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy, you can also find some pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then exchange little gifts with others participating in the group by putting little gifts in each others extenders.

Here is a thread with some basic info about it:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

It's a ton of fun, not just for kids, and you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. No real set rules, just exchange and have fun! Gifts can be homemade or store bought. That's part of the fun . . . the variety of gifts that everyone brings!

All gifts should be delivered between the cruise leaving port on Monday September 9th and early evening on Friday, September 12th. That will give people time to still be able to pack their bags on Friday (they usually have to be outside cabin doors by 10:30 that evening) before we leave the ship on Saturday morning.

Our group will close Tuesday, July 9th (2 months prior to sail date). This allows people plenty of time to order, make, assemble, personalize, etc their gifts. Thank you!!

If we see an outstanding response from willing participants we may divide the total list into smaller groups of 20-25 cabins per group. By doing this it is less running around from stateroom to stateroom so you may enjoy your vacation and not spend the entire time running around like crazy looking for different rooms. Plus it is less gifts to make or buy and less that you have to worry about packing and traveling with.

Sent a message on Facebook to sign up!!!

Well I am so excited to have found this group! I just booked this cruise today :) it will be my 6th Disney cruise and my boyfriends first :) I just sent a request to join the facebook group and we would love to do the fish extender exchange if there is one! I am 26 and he is 30 are there any other couples sailing!!!

KHarris702
Harris/Gagliano
Krista (26) Donald/ Daisy Duck and Mike (30) Tigger
Allergic to Citrus

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter