September 9, 2013 - WONDERful re-positioning trip to LA

Hi Susan, thanks for geting me your info. You are added to the list :-)
And I am glad to see you DH will be with you after all.
Not sure if DH will be traveling with me yet. Thought I should add him, just in case. I'll be able to give plenty of notice, whether he is or isn't traveling with us.

i was just on the wonder from la to van with my family. going to do the van to la with a friend. is there an FE group or a facebook group out there?
on the last cruise we started a facebook group so we could meet up and it was very nice to have friendly faces to meet when we got on board!!
i would like to sign up to be in an FE group too!

We are booked! This is our first Disney cruise and a bit of a “test” trip for our youngest. Before the little one came along dh, ds, and I did two other cruises, one Western Caribbean on RCCL, and one Hawaiian islands on NCL.

We chose this itinerary as it has very little travel for us since we live on Vancouver Island which is a two hour ferry ride to Vancouver. Travelling in two adjoining rooms will be my dh, ds (18), ds’s friend (18), dd (4), and I. Hopefully there will be enough activities and things to do for the 18 year olds, I’m confident my soon to be four year old will be over the moon with all there is to do for her. Anyone ever taken 18 year olds on a Disney Cruise? How did it go and did they find other older teens to hang out with?

We are looking into going to the zoo in San Francisco, it doesn’t seem to be a popular choice but we do not have a zoo here so it will be thrilling for us. What is everyone else doing on our stop?

I look forward to hearing from others and want to know all the tips and tricks of the Wonder.

Trisha - we took our 14 yo on the Wonder from LA to VAN. she thought she wouldn't meet anyone.. we never saw the girl!!! she was so busy and now they have all sorts of chatting going on .. tons of activities and fun for them!

we are probably docking in Long Beach, you may want to rent a car from the Long Beach Airport instead

i was just on the repo for the wonder from la to van and the pirate night was changed to pixar night!

the pirate night was changed to pixar at the last minute on the repo from la to van.. may want to check with dcl before packing pirate costume!

i was just on the wonder from la to van with my family. going to do the van to la with a friend. is there an FE group or a facebook group out there?
on the last cruise we started a facebook group so we could meet up and it was very nice to have friendly faces to meet when we got on board!!
i would like to sign up to be in an FE group too!

Hi, my name is Crystal. I am the co-organizer of the fish extender for this cruise. If you'd like to join, please post the following information and be sure to subscribe to this thread to receive updates:

-- DISboard username
-- Cabin # (if you know it already)
-- Family Last Name (helps with personalizing family gifts)
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
-- Favorite Disney character for each of the people in your cabin, if any (this helps if people make gifts specific to the people in the room)
-- Any special cruise celebrations
-- Any food allergies, etc (PLEASE NOTE WE ARE HOSTING A COMPLETELY PEANUT FREE EXCHANGE FOR THE SAFETY OF OTHER PASSENGERS)

Also, the Facebook link is https://www.facebook.com/groups/239388556205821/
It is a private group so you will have to request to join and the organizer will approve you.

Wow my posts and replies are making zero sense here..
For those that are wondering about the Pirate night - I was just on the Wonder LA to Van repo. At the last minute (like a week before the cruise), DCL changed from Pirate to Pixar night. You may want to double check with them before packing and planning on a pirate night.

For those who have kids going to the club for the first time - go straight to the kids area and get your kids bands before the ship leaves, it will save you time the next morning! Also, don't be surprised if your kids dont' want to leave the kids club - I couldnt' get my 6 yo to leave because she was having so much fun!! It was nice to have time without her, but it was a bit different!
Also, for those with teenagers - there are so many activities, you may not see your teen! My 14 yo had so much fun and they had dances, competitions and games!!! She was often out till 2 AM with the activities!!!

For the FE - if you participate, remember what you take up to the cruise to give away, will be MULTIPLIED to bring back. I didn't budget that in my packing space and it was crazy trying to get all our FE gifts home. Sadly I had to give some to friends in Seattle, but they enjoyed the fun toys and bubbles!!!

If anyone wants to go a group brunch at Palo, I will work on booking one when it gets closer to the sail date. We did this on the last cruise and it was so fun! Most of us didn't know each other and it was so cool getting to know other people over food and then seeing each other later!!

If you want to do wine tastings or learn about mixology, head straight to GS when you get on the boat and sign up. The classes are about $20/pp and about 2 hrs long (head was foggy after 4 drinks...) but well worth it and very informative!!!

If no one has set up a MNG before sailing, let's set one up in the Promenade lounge, really fun to put real faces with names etc and then see each other around the boat later!!

Yes, I just got off the cruise a few weeks ago and am so excited to go again with a friend and show her how fun this stuff is!

This is a long shot, but I won't be sailing on the Wonder till Oct 2014, and am in room 6620. Does anyone from this cruise have any pictures of the verandah here? Or any pictures from this room at all?

Nothing special about that verandah that I know of. Room should be the same as all the others in that section.

6652, has a larger verandah but the room only sleeps 3.

Nothing special about that verandah that I know of. Room should be the same as all the others in that section.

6652, has a larger verandah but the room only sleeps 3.
I originally booked 6652 for the northbound repo, but when I moved my rez to the southbound repo, I switched to 6152. It does have a larger, white-walled verandah. Didn't realize it only sleeps 3 though. Not sure if I even need the verandah now, with this being a shorter cruise, and the reports from the northbound repo saying it was too cold most of the time to use the verandah.

I originally booked 6652 for the northbound repo, but when I moved my rez to the southbound repo, I switched to 6152. It does have a larger, white-walled verandah. Didn't realize it only sleeps 3 though. Not sure if I even need the verandah now, with this being a shorter cruise, and the reports from the northbound repo saying it was too cold most of the time to use the verandah.

My mom was out on it lots. She smokes. I went out a few times on it. I don't recall being too cold. It was nice having a verandah when we left San Francisco. We were originally in a secret porthole room last year but my mom wanted to upgrade so she didn't have to go upstairs to smoke. We missed the desk to do the upgrade before we left port (the CM checking us in told us to go to Customer service on the ship, I knew that was wrong but my mom did not want to wait in the line I knew was where we should be) so we upgraded after the sail away party (they won't let you before they set sail) and we checked out about 3-4 staterooms and my mom liked the larger verandah. She kept eyeing the one next door that was an accessible room. She said they never were out on it.

No drop down bed.

Well you wouldn't have been able to get 6652 as we already had it booked from last cruise. I'm technically booked in the room, but I will be sleeping in an inside stateroom. I had 6650 booked (under my mom's name) but decided to keep the extra money and stay in an inside room. Shouldn't be a problem with switching since each of us will have one kid in our room and we will each carry the other persons kid's room key.

Hi
Is it too late to join the FE group? I've read all about it and it sounds like lots of fun. This will be the second cruise for my daughter and I. We were on the repositioning cruise May 12 from LA to Vancouver. This year my husband is joining us. Our particulars are:

-- DISboard username - She Taz
-- Cabin # 6624
-- Family Last Name - Endel
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G) - Dave, Darla, Kiara 7 (G)
-- Favorite Disney character for each of the people in your cabin, if any (this helps if people make gifts specific to the people in the room) - Goofy, Mary Poppins,Ariel.

Thanks
Darla

Hi
Is it too late to join the FE group? I've read all about it and it sounds like lots of fun. This will be the second cruise for my daughter and I. We were on the repositioning cruise May 12 from LA to Vancouver. This year my husband is joining us. Our particulars are:

-- DISboard username - She Taz
-- Cabin # 6624
-- Family Last Name - Endel
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G) - Dave, Darla, Kiara 7 (G)
-- Favorite Disney character for each of the people in your cabin, if any (this helps if people make gifts specific to the people in the room) - Goofy, Mary Poppins,Ariel.

Thanks
Darla

Hi Darla,
No, it is not to late. we are taking names until July 9.
I have added you to the list. :welcome:

I am not sure if you are aware, but a Facebook page has been set up for our cruise. Here is the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/239388556205821/ a lot of us are over there as well and it seems to be a bit more active than this thread.

Paid in full today! Having mixed feelings though. Happy to be going on a cruise with my DH and 2 younger sons but sad to be sailing without my older 2 sons. In October of 2011, we went on a cruise on the Dream, had a fabulous time. Also, spent a week at WDW. Just had a great time. Little did we know that it was our last vacation as a complete family. Two days after returning home, our eldest son, very unexpectedly passed away. Not long after his 18th birthday, which we had celebrated with an illuminations cruise at Epcot. We haven't been able to go anywhere Disney since then. Our second oldest son just graduated from high school and will have just left for college by the time we sail. So this will be a new experience for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!