September 29,2013 - DVC Member Cruise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by Johnny Quest, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Paula Sedley-Burke

Paula Sedley-Burke Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Omg did they not offer to transfer the cruise to another date and give you onboard credit or were you not interested?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. aan1701

aan1701 DIS Veteran

They did give me the OBC, I did transfer but my rate for the exact same room is $80.00 more. Like I have said, if I wanted to make the change, I get the change in fare, but I did not ask to make the change. They forced me to make the change. Why should I have to pay more? If I wanted abetted room I'd understand as well, but I don't. So am I in the wrong here?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

4. Paula Sedley-Burke

You have the 'friday' deadline?

5. aan1701

aan1701 DIS Veteran

No. I have the July 23rd deadline.

6. Paula Sedley-Burke

Sorry I meant to make a decision on what to do about the 29th cruise or have they already moved it?

7. aan1701

aan1701 DIS Veteran

We are moved to the 10/6/13 cruise.

8. aan1701

aan1701 DIS Veteran

Just a update I just got off the phone with Karl Holtz office. So one thing that was never explained to me was when I selected my cruise they in fact did price match. What they did was take the price of the 10/6/13 cruise and back date it to the day my original booking was made. So the price would have been this all along. I told the very nice man I spoke to that this was never explained to me and that they have even offered to cancel our reservation. He was appalled. Now yes it will cost a bit more, but when I see the price now, it's a couple of hundred more than the 80.00 bucks. So that's why I am fine with it now. Fair not 100% but now that things have been explained to me, I think it's fair enough.

9. IrishCowboy

IrishCowboy DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :)

Have a great cruise!

10. geffric

geffric <font color=teal>DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell

Yes..( if this is tmi..just skip) i have looked at them in the past but never booked..than really wanted to do the Jan one..but I work in a small dept and the other person was taking that time off..so ..Sept is it!

11. Hollywood Glitter

Hollywood Glitter DIS Veteran

Me too! We looked for a while and finally decided to do it. I'm going on the Jan cruise and couldn't resist going on the Sept cruise

12. Paula Sedley-Burke

That is good news! Looks like you are sorted. Like you say not 100% but fair enough. At least they did price match! I am pleased for you :-)

13. aan1701

aan1701 DIS Veteran

I guess it's kinda a price match. I told him if this would have been explained to me all along I would not have been throwing the fit I did. Like I said it not 100% fair, but acceptable.

14. Paula Sedley-Burke

Yes I think so! Shame they didnt make it clear could have avoided the upset!

15. aan1701

aan1701 DIS Veteran

I know. It would have saved such a headache. Oh well. I am just happy it's over. Now I can enjoy my Panama Canal cruise on 5/6/13 and my friends wedding cruise on 10/6/13.

16. Hollywood Glitter

Hollywood Glitter DIS Veteran

We're going to see you twice. Jan and Sep :cool1:

17. poison ivy

poison ivy DIS Veteran

Just got back in and I can't believe what's been happening.
    alan, I can see where they were trying to manage the pricing in fairness. But the truth is, you only moved your cruise to the very next 4 nt sail and not by choice. This is not a situation where you were trying to lock a sept price toward a holiday or summer "premium' cruise.

they should not be charging you in this case. You aren't responsible for what happened.

18. aan1701

aan1701 DIS Veteran

I do agree with you. Like I said, I am not 100% satisfied, but satisfied enough to where I can accept it. Honestly the cruise I am on is $250.00 more right now than what they want to charge. So I am fine. I am just upset that they did not explain it.

19. poison ivy

poison ivy DIS Veteran

yeah,

I guess it gets to the point where the differential isn't enough to really make a difference. Did you have an OBD on this originally? and if so, did they reapply it?

I do think the fact that you heard back from Karl Holtz's office so quickly means they are actively trying to remain engaged on this.

Seems like they are trying to formulate a working policy on this type of scenario given the size of the new ship, the higher pricing tiers and the latest reductions in member response. We're creating unprecedented territory here.

Corporate may not want to risk blocking out a sail date 2 yrs in advance absent reliable historical data.

20. Paula Sedley-Burke

Forgive me for asking but who is Kark Holtz's office?

21. aan1701

aan1701 DIS Veteran

I did have a OBC. Now I have double that amount. I really did put up this fight for the principal of it all. When I rebook at the Cast Rate all will be lost. I agree that this is new territory and also maybe one reason why 2014 is not out yet cause the Dream has to get to Drydock. Karl Holtz is the President if DCL.