September 28, 2016, DVC Member Cruise on the Magic!

I would LOVE to post pics of the parking lot, etc. but I don't know how!!!! Can anyone help me?

1) I still use my photobucket account. http://s978.photobucket.com/ (I prefer a 3rd pty site.) They offer a free account up to a certain amount of storage. Just drag and drop photos there from wherever your photos are stored: sim card; camera; phone; laptop; photo file etc... and you see a "Share this Photo" section come up next to your picture. click on the "IMG" version which will automatically copy it and paste it into the reply box on the DIS.

2) The popular method now is to upload directly to the DIS.
Just follow this thread on how to post photos directly from your device to the Disboards.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/you-can-now-upload-a-picture-directly-in-to-your-post.3376079/

It's not as hard as it sounds. Once you successfully post a pic, you'll easily be able to do it again.
A lot of first timers use the Test Board here on the DIS to practice. http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

We're tend to be less formal on formal night but don't let that discourage you. There are a lot of cruisers who will be dressing up that night. The atrium is full of families in their formal and semi-formal attire in line for character photos and portrait sessions. Same goes for pirate night plus the dinner and on deck party has a lot of costuming and your daughter will fit right in. You will have a great time no matter what you decide.

Thanks so much! Can't wait!

We're tend to be less formal on formal night but don't let that discourage you. There are a lot of cruisers who will be dressing up that night. The atrium is full of families in their formal and semi-formal attire in line for character photos and portrait sessions. Same goes for pirate night plus the dinner and on deck party has a lot of costuming and your daughter will fit right in. You will have a great time no matter what you decide.
Absolutely!

View attachment 183949
OK. I guess I was the only one who got up at 4 am.
Thanks for sharing the pictures. I am trying to understand the 4:00 a.m. under the bridge back to port. Do we have to arrive back early? Or does the ship to traverse the channel rather slowly? I was up at 5:30 or so on the Alaska member cruise, to watch the Wonder get back in to Vancouver & it did not seem to be that long into port.

Great pictures! Thanks so much for posting. We plan to be on deck for the 4am return into Manhattan.

Nothing beats a few photos to get us in the mood. Since we've never cruised out of NYC nor been to Halifax I sadly have nothing to share.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I am trying to understand the 4:00 a.m. under the bridge back to port. Do we have to arrive back early? Or does the ship to traverse the channel rather slowly? I was up at 5:30 or so on the Alaska member cruise, to watch the Wonder get back in to Vancouver & it did not seem to be that long into port.

Yes that was when we arrived back into NYC harbor and it was a slow trip up the Hudson River. Fortunately my iPhone time stamped the pictures.
IMG_3473.jpg We were at the bridge at 4:27 am exactly as the Captain said. We passed by the Statue of Liberty at 4:55 am.

IMG_3507.jpg This was at 5:03 am

IMG_3516.jpg And this was taken at 5:47 am from my stateroom. So it probably took about an hour to come upriver. And you can see there were parking spaces left in the parking area as no one had left the ship at this time.

IMG_3515.jpg
This was at 5:16 am. I'm hoping my iPhone 6 will get better pictures this time. But it was beautiful with the sun rising as we came in. That was June 17, 2012. It also shows where we were on the map of the river. I am not a photographer as you can tell which is why I was only using my iPhone for these pictures. You can see the river is pretty empty at this time. I don't think the ferries were running yet.

I'm hoping for Tangled.

And, I'm hoping one of the DVC Member Cruise special sessions is on the upcoming "Moana" which will be released in November. Wouldn't it be great to see some 'work in progress' type screening or sneak peak?
Moana sneak peak would be great. Beauty and the Beast sneak peak, too. One can hope!

Hi everyone. The Local Candy/Snack exchange uses Fish Extenders to pass out local treats. We've gotten cheese straws from Mississippi and flavored popcorn and other non candy things in the past. I keep the groups under 12, for instance last Lear we had 32 participants, 4 groups of 8. Examples of candy has been salt water taffy from NJ and Utah, potato shaped candies from Idaho, chocolate covered berry candies from the Glacier NP area and Hershey chocolates. It is always fun to come back to your room and find a sweet treat!

If you are interested in the Candy/Snack Exchange please let me know! If you have not sent me your info please do so here, or in a conversation with me. Tell how many people are in your cabin, number of adults, children, if there are any allergies.

Bobbiwoz
Pattipook
Alaneeray
poison ivy
DizDays
Missy1897
Jmedina
pekollie
Tinked
Mathmagicland

Will be cutting off sign ups around the middle of August. I want to give everyone the information by August 25!

http://www.tickerfactory.com/

Interest in Breakfast Meet
Day 2 Day at Sea
Meet in Atrium at 7:55 AM for 8 AM seating

Mathmagicland
johncpm
Pattipook
DisneyBelle99
Tinked
Bobbi
Poison Ivy
Jmedina

Anyone else?

Tom was sort of sorry that he chose not to join me on this cruise. He "convinced " me that we needed a cruise together sooner, rather than later. So, he and I are on the September 5 Dream Cruise, yes, it is coming up soon!:sail: Then, he decided that he really wanted to sail on DCL out of NYC, so he'll see those wonderful sights first hand, so we'll book that for next year.

It is good to be retired!

Bobbi

wow Bobbi! a Dream cruise on Sept 5 sounds pretty good to me. Why not sneak your DH on our cruise? We'd love to meet him too.

btw - thanks for the breakfast meetup idea. Looking forward to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter