September 2015 discount watch

I'm curious about something. It's been a few years and I can't quite remember. We usually book towards the end of September to get the value rates. Do many of you book well in advance and then watch for discounts to take advantage of? I'm assuming you can make changes to your reservation/package when a discount is published? Thanks in advance...

I'm curious about something. It's been a few years and I can't quite remember. We usually book towards the end of September to get the value rates. Do many of you book well in advance and then watch for discounts to take advantage of? I'm assuming you can make changes to your reservation/package when a discount is published? Thanks in advance...
Yes if a discount comes out sometimes you can get it applied to the reservation/package you have already booked, however sometimes the resort you have chosen is excluded OR the type of room you want is not available. POFQ is often excluded. IN 2013 we had to move to another resort to get the Free dining.
Also keep in mind that sometimes because people have made reservations for popular resorts, those resorts have a full enough capacity so they don't get included. In 2013 POFQ was excluded from Free dining but in 2014 we wanted Room only discount and had to change the room type.
Good luck

I never book until there is a discount available that is sufficient. I then book using that discount. Booking ahead of time accomplishes only one thing for those waiting on discounts - it reduces the number of rooms available at a discount, making it harder to actually get the discount that you are hoping for.

My advice - only book a room ahead of time if you would gladly pay your booking price for that room/package without any discounts (example - you must have a Castle view at the Contemporary and you don't care what you pay for it). If you must book ahead of time to lock in ADRs or FP+, book at a resort other than the one that you are really hoping for at a discount. You can keep all of the ADRs and FP+ reservations if you change when discounts are released.

I just received a pin code for summer. Yay, but it ends August 27. I need one for September. The offer was 15% off value, 20% off mods, and 30% off deluxe. PLUS free park hopper. I'd rather have free dining. I hope I get one for September! Or free dining is offered!

I booked Sept. 10-17 this week. We will be staying in Business Class at Coronado Springs. This is our first time at CSR. We usually stay At POFQ with free dining but after last September we we'll I decided to try a different moderate resort. We have only stayed at AKL and POFQ for our last 6 visits. We are booked for Free dining this time too bus a bounce back offer.

I am ready for a "do over" from this past September visit.

See you all in 2015!!!

Curious, what happened last September?

Just booked our trip for September 24 - October 3 at PO Riverside! Hoping for FD, but honestly I will take any discount I can get! Woohoo!

We are booked at CBR Sept. 12 - 19. Do you think the 5 person rooms at CBR will be blocked out for FD like the POR 5 person rooms were last year?

If so, what would be my next best option??? We are a family of 6.. Kids' ages are 13, 7, 4, and 6 months. Thanks!

We are booked at CBR Sept. 12 - 19. Do you think the 5 person rooms at CBR will be blocked out for FD like the POR 5 person rooms were last year?

If so, what would be my next best option??? We are a family of 6.. Kids' ages are 13, 7, 4, and 6 months. Thanks!
All of POR was excluded last year, it wasn't just the rooms that sleep 5. You should be fine at CBR, but of course nothing is certain.

I never book until there is a discount available that is sufficient. I then book using that discount. Booking ahead of time accomplishes only one thing for those waiting on discounts - it reduces the number of rooms available at a discount, making it harder to actually get the discount that you are hoping for.

My advice - only book a room ahead of time if you would gladly pay your booking price for that room/package without any discounts (example - you must have a Castle view at the Contemporary and you don't care what you pay for it). If you must book ahead of time to lock in ADRs or FP+, book at a resort other than the one that you are really hoping for at a discount. You can keep all of the ADRs and FP+ reservations if you change when discounts are released.

The only problem for that is if we want to make ADRs at certain restaurants 180 days out. It seems these discounts get posted a few months away and usually under 180 days.

You can still make your ADRs without booking. You just have to do it one day at a time. I set an alarm for 3 am 10 days in a row to get all mine as I am waiting for FD to book my resort. Not fun but it will be worth it if I get FD at my resort of choice.

You can still make your ADRs without booking. You just have to do it one day at a time. I set an alarm for 3 am 10 days in a row to get all mine as I am waiting for FD to book my resort. Not fun but it will be worth it if I get FD at my resort of choice.

That sounds rough. We just waited until our last day was within 180 days and did them all then. We only missed out on one restaurant we wanted so it wasn't a big deal.

That sounds rough. We just waited until our last day was within 180 days and did them all then. We only missed out on one restaurant we wanted so it wasn't a big deal.

Just because you couldn't get an ADR the first time you tried doesn't mean you can't get it. Last year I didn't start making ADRs until around a month before my trip and I even got 'Ohana on the date and time I wanted. I just had to keep checking online. Even while I was at WDW. Things often open up a day or two before a specific date as people cancel before the cancellation window.

can someone please fill me in on what a Bounce back is. Thank you!

You can only book bouncebacks when you are calling directly from a Disney resort. The current offers are in a brochure in your room. You can call and book then. You can only book the current offer, which may be far in the future (like last fall people could book free dining for the following fall). However, you can alter your reservation afterward, depending on availability.

The only problem for that is if we want to make ADRs at certain restaurants 180 days out. It seems these discounts get posted a few months away and usually under 180 days.
If you must make ADRs 180 days out, book at a resort that you have no interest in. It does not effect capacity at the resorts that fill up fast but allows you to book ADRs ahead of time.

We booked our reservations last Monday. My OCD does not allow me to book much past the 180 day mark. I held out as long as I could, but were going regardless of a discount. If we get a discount, great, we will use it to add more magic! We always budget for the full non-discounted trip and just use any savings, that may come, as extra spending money. Your mileage may vary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter