September 2015 - Checkin Thread

I'm sure I could dig around for the answer, but does anyone know offhand when the September hours will be released. This not knowing six months ahead of time is driving this WDW over planning veteran nuts!!! :squirrel:

I'm sure I could dig around for the answer, but does anyone know offhand when the September hours will be released. This not knowing six months ahead of time is driving this WDW over planning veteran nuts!!! :squirrel:

The schedule comes out about 6 weeks ahead of time.

Haha, no such thing as going overboard!! You can always save them for the next trip if she doesn't get to them this time! Which costumes did you get? I love all the little princesses in the parks!!
She has Minnie Mouse (I will wear my Minnie dress too and we will do the Minnie breakfast). She also got Elsa and Tinkerbell - her Tinkerbell gear lights up so I'm hoping to have that when we see the PTN parade!

The week before Labor Day last year they had fireworks (and of course WOC) every night, but F! only on the weekend. I would expect the same again this year, with PTN on every night too.

I'm going a bit nuts with Disneybounding on this trip because it will be our last for a while. I'm doing a Mulan theme for race weekend.

Inspiration for the 5k - Mulan's introductory outfit.

Inspiration for my Friday parks outfit - Mulan's matchmaker outfit.

Inspiration for the half - Mulan's battle outfit.

Inspiration for my Sunday parks outfit - Mulan's final outfit.

Plus on the Thursday I plan to bound as Russell.

And on the Monday or Tuesday I plan to bound as Boo.

No one else I know does Disneybounding, so I don't really get to share my excitement with anyone lol!
Love the Russell outfit!

Even though it's Father's Day, I feel like I was the one being loved and pampered! My dear hubby told me to change our reservations from PPH to the Grand Californian! This will be our first time staying there and I am very excited! I asked for a courtyard room, and other than that, I leave it up to fate. :tink:

I do have bad news, and I post here because maybe some of you can understand. My kid lost her skeleton Jack sweater w/ the cool purple fringe around the hoodie a couple of days ago. I was so annoyed because why did my mom take the dang thing to the mall when it was over 80 degrees out?? I loved that thing so much, I looked for a larger size this past December and did not see it. I fear I will be unable to replace it :sad: It was going to be one of the few things I planned to put away as a cherished item.

Attachments

• welcome[1].gif
    welcome[1].gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 5

Going Sept. 19-26. Taking my twin DD who are 20, their 2 best friends ( currently doing the DCP in WDW with them), and my Mom. Staying at the Peacock Inn because my Mom can get it free with her timeshare. Wanting to do the Halloween party for the first time.

Got our matching Little Mermaid shoes today! I think I'll disbound with mint shorts and a purple tee.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 13
Does anyone happen to know if any rides will be down during September? I know it's up in the air whether Haunted Mansion will get the holiday overlay due to the 60th anniversary stuff, but DH saw something possibly about space mountain and pirates being closed as well which would be a travesty!! We are going sept 13-19th. Also, does anyone know how long the holiday overlay of HM usually takes?

We will be there sept 20-25. Myself, dh, dd 11, ds 8 and dd 6. Can't wait. Staying at BWPPI. We took a short little trip the end of may and decided to get AP's so I figured we better go use them!!

Does anyone happen to know if any rides will be down during September? I know it's up in the air whether Haunted Mansion will get the holiday overlay due to the 60th anniversary stuff, but DH saw something possibly about space mountain and pirates being closed as well which would be a travesty!! We are going sept 13-19th. Also, does anyone know how long the holiday overlay of HM usually takes?

I haven't heard anything yet, and Disney's official calendar will take forever to tell us! But... Space Mountain gets a Halloween overlay, too, though I don't know when they typically shut it down and for how long. It seems like one major ride is always down, but last trip we had full areas closed off at Critter Country and the new Grizzly Peak area... So anything better than that will make me happy!

HM and Space both get Halloween makeovers. Those dates should put you right at the beginning of Halloween time (based on previous years), which will mean both are back up and running. You can usually expect some shut downs in September, because it's traditionally a quieter time of year. Having said that, pretty much everything got a good going over for the 60th, so you might be lucky. The key is to not stress too much about what's potentially going to be down, and just enjoy what is available.

Going solo September 19 - 26. This is the first year in a while that I'm not going to Disneyworld. I decided since it's the 60th Anniversary I would buy an annual pass. Hoping for the Halloween Party.

We're taking our two daughters (ages 2.5 and 3) on sept 1-4th. Celebrating daughters 4th birthday which is on sept 3 :) I am so excited!! Staying at the Anaheim Majestic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter