September 2015 - Checkin Thread

Hubby, kiddo, and I will be staying at the PPH 9/27-10/2. Waiting waiting waiting for the Halloween Party since we had such a blast there a couple of years ago!

My daughter (7) and I will be there from 9/24 to 9/27 (only 3 days at the parks). She's never been and has no idea she's going. We'll be in town for a wedding so she knows we are going to CA, but DL is an added bonus for her. I don't know how I am going to keep this secret for 4 months.

Solo trip from Sept 4 to Sept 7 for the running weeknd. Staying at Disneyland. Excited to be staying on site this time around. Any other solos want to do a meet up, let me know.

I am seriously hoping I can pull together a first ever DL vacation for Sept. We are looking at the dates of 9/9-9/13. We have always wanted to plan a California trip to include Hollywood and DL but with so few days to work with we won't even attempt Hollywood. Our daughter will be starting 8th grade and will have been in school just 1.5 weeks before our vacation dates fall so I'm not thrilled with her having to miss so early. We already have a Disney Cruise planned for our January vacation so hopefully hubby says "yes" to my request for September ...

I'm starting to get excited! We went and ordered and paid for our park hopper passes today! We are really lucky that we are able to get the 10 day passes here in Aus. It ended up costing us $15 more than what a 5 day park hopper would so massive bargain!

Our flights and hotel are booked and paid for. Just need to organise and pay for Catalina Island tour, Universal Studios Tour, Hollywood/LA/Beaches tour and buy some more USDollars.

We'll be back for our third visit from Sept 20-22 . Just a brief stay at the end of an extended road-trip, but first time staying onsite at DL, in Grand Californian Villas. We're also from Australia :-)
very excited to be coming back again!
Andona

I will be there with my husband, step daughter and her three awesome kids from August 30th-Sept. 4th, and then with just my husband after Labor Day weekend for a few extra days till September 9th. Gotta make use of those new Annual Passes!

We are staying at the Howard Johnson for the first part of the trip, and the cheaper Quality Inn for the second half.

I plan to have mandatory chill out in the air conditioned room or pool time every day with the kids, having an early morning and evening schedule at the parks. I think it will be hot hot hot and hopefully a nice long break in the middle of each day will help everyone stay relaxed and happy!

We are also having a Von's grocery delivery so we will be able to feed everyone an affordable lunch during our break. We have always gotten a grocery delivery, mostly for beverages like water and beer and snacks, and I have always taken food home! I try, but when you have a squishy granola bar in your bag, OR a frozen cherry lemonade and Mickey pretzel staring at you from a cart in Fantasyland.... Well... But at least this time we will have kids to share with! But that might just mean a bigger list and more leftovers! One trip we left a half a case of water in the hotel lobby! Does this happen to others? What goes on your grocery list? I always love new ideas, uh, like that microwave popcorn that came back in my suitcase last trip!

We are super excited to see the new fireworks, and I am wondering if my plan of watching from Town Square to be close to the exit will be a good spot, can anyone confirm or deny?

I realize that we are still way off for Disney to post their official refurb schedule for August/September, but as excited planners do , I have Googled for rumored closures and found nothing yet. Except that everyone knows to expect the Haunted Mansion to be down for the installation of it's holiday overlay.

We are also going to finally squeeze in a trip to Universal Studios, a first time adventure for both of us. But we have to go over the Labor Day weekend, and I do not know what to expect as far as crowds in the park or traffic. Any tips?

I am working on several Disneybound jewelry and hair decoration set ups for me and my fellow girls, but not so much outfits. I think the jewelry is the cutest part though! I am wondering if I would get any business on Ebay with grouped themed jewelry based on Disneybounding. What do you think?

Also- Disneyland is the only place where anyone ever says, "I love your... Shirt, sunglasses, ears, leggings, earrings, etc."!! I love it!! And I should compliment more things I love, spread it around !

Keep sharing your plans for September!!

Checking in...There will be 8 of us total - 6 adults and 2 kids September 20-24 and staying at PPH. As a super planner, I too wish they would post their refurbs and park hours sooner, but what can you do.

So most likely our only chance for the new fireworks will be on Sunday, right? Do we think Paint the Night will be every night or just on weekends?

I hope the new parade will run every night, and WOC. So crowds can go to either. I would say that fireworks and Fantasmic will only run on weekends, so we will get to see one night from the Hojo and once in the park on Sunday.

We were going to come in early on Sunday and I thought better and booked an extra night at the hotel on Saturday, so we can be up and well rested for a long day on Sunday. Monday is my husband's birthday, and I keep trying to think of a family friendly way to celebrate. A fancy restaurant is out, but maybe the character breakfast in the parks with Minnie and friends? Do you think they'd do anything special for an adult birthday? Any other suggestions?

I hope the new parade will run every night, and WOC. So crowds can go to either. I would say that fireworks and Fantasmic will only run on weekends, so we will get to see one night from the Hojo and once in the park on Sunday.

We were going to come in early on Sunday and I thought better and booked an extra night at the hotel on Saturday, so we can be up and well rested for a long day on Sunday. Monday is my husband's birthday, and I keep trying to think of a family friendly way to celebrate. A fancy restaurant is out, but maybe the character breakfast in the parks with Minnie and friends? Do you think they'd do anything special for an adult birthday? Any other suggestions?

We've done a character meal for an adult at Goofy's Kitchen. I ordered a cake and it was more adult, it had chocolate covered strawberries as decorations. It was a small cake, and honestly with six it was plenty because it was rich. The waiter and face characters sang happy birthday. It was a kick!

We've done a character meal for an adult at Goofy's Kitchen. I ordered a cake and it was more adult, it had chocolate covered strawberries as decorations. It was a small cake, and honestly with six it was plenty because it was rich. The waiter and face characters sang happy birthday. It was a kick!

Did you order the cake through Disney? I wanted to try the dinner at Goofy's last trip, but we did breakfast instead and it was ok, but I can't ever eat a big breakfast, so it felt difficult to eat your moneys worth!

Had to move the trip from the 21st-25th up to the 14th-18th...hoping Halloween will be set up and Haunted Mansion will be up amd running by then as it is my wife and sons first time going!

Did you order the cake through Disney? I wanted to try the dinner at Goofy's last trip, but we did breakfast instead and it was ok, but I can't ever eat a big breakfast, so it felt difficult to eat your moneys worth!

I was able to order it when I called in to make the ADRs for it. I would think you can still do that.

I'm travelling solo 19th-23rd from Australia :-) (will also be there last week of august)

I just read your trip report from last year and really loved it! I loved how you tried to explain how awesome it is to observe EVERYONE'S magical moments! That has to be my favorite part of Disneyland, and if you are observant there are acts of kindness and magic everywhere.

We currently have 3 hotels booked for our stay at disney sept 25-0ct 2nd! Having trouble deciding where to stay. Have del sol inn family bunk room, disney suit at tropicana, and deluxe suit at the new courtyard marriott waterpak hotel. 3 different hotels/rooms/prices lol.
this is our plans we have 5 day park hoppers
friday - arrive and head to goofys for tea non park day but maybe visit downtown disney?
sat - park day
sun - park day
mon- park day (minnies breakfast maybe)
tues - non park day but hoping a halloween party that night
wed- park day
Thurs- park day (magic morning?)
fri- non park day check out of hotel and maybe surfs up breakfast

Fantasmic only on weekends? Rats! We arrive Sunday and leave Saturday. I'm going to have to use a full ticket day and only get half a day in. :( Is it possible to do both fireworks and Fantasmic?
My son's birthday is the 3rd! I was planning on doing either Fantasmic or WOC dinner package that day. I guess WOC it is!

Yesterday was my birthday and my husband surprised me with a long-time dream: a solo trip to Disneyland! No kids to worry about, no one else's needs to care for: I get to ride and eat what I want when I want. It's going to be heaven. :tiptoe:

I'll be there Sept 18-22 staying at the Carousel. If there are any other singles who will be there that weekend, I'd love meet for lunch!

Last edited:
Jack and I will be there September 16th thru the 23rd. SO EXCITED FOR DAPPER DAYS!!! Staying at the GC. Hoping to do the walking in Walt footsteps tour and chefs table at Napa Rose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter