September 2013 Watch

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by Seeker615, Nov 6, 2012.

1. GaBelle

GaBelle DIS Veteran

I called Disney Travel yesterday to upgrade my tickets for our September trip. CM told me to circle May 1st on my calendar to call back for a new discount!
    Just FYI!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. scrappinginontario

scrappinginontario DIS Veteran

That would be great!! I have 3 families I've helped book trips for then end of August and 3 more families ready to book if FD comes out! I love Disney and helping family and friends plan trips is something I enjoy. What I enjoy more though is calling to tell them about new offers! Here's hoping we see something for late August/September on May 1st!!

4. peekinglemer

peekinglemer Mouseketeer

I called last night to see if I had a pin attached to my name (I didn't). CM told me she would be happy to price out the trip "rack rate" and I can apply a discount later if one came out.

We did 8 nights at the end of Sept. at POR in a preferred room with the regular dining plan and waterpark fun and more option for 2 adults and 1 child. No air. 7 day park tickets.

Grand total.......$3975.00. Holy cow! We did 10 nights in November 2011, same resort, preferred room, same number of days for park tickets (spend a few days at Universal that trip) AND Waterpark Fun and more option WITH Free Dining promotion for $3100.00.

I was a little shell-shocked at the price. I told her I has to think about our options before I could book. Even with a good promotion the price will still be a lot more then what we are use to paying. Augh! May have to reconsider a few things this time around.

5. GaBelle

GaBelle DIS Veteran

Yikes! :scared:
    But the good news is there will be SOME type of discount offered. Maybe FD, but more than likely it will be a room discount or a Stay, Play, Dine type of discount.
    The bad news is we have to wait a few more weeks until we see that discount.

6. MDennis28

MDennis28 Mouseketeer

Looking for a great rate for mid Sept prior to our Eastern Caribbean cruise. Want to try Caribbean Beach Resort for the first time.

7. aurian

aurian Moose and Squirrel

Does anyone know when they are going to announce or start giving discounts for September reservations for Florida residents or Passholders? That is when we usually change our reservations.

8. TeamBlack

TeamBlack Mouseketeer

My sympathies to those waiting for Sept FD. We went last Sept and by this time last year, we were booked w/ FD and already working on my 180+10 dining schedule plan.
    Hopefully you guys get soon.

9. disneynutinpa

disneynutinpa Mouseketeer

We are going regarless from Sept.14-21, but FD sure would be nice! We have gotten FD every year in Sept. since it started in 2005. I hope this year is no different, but it just seems to be getting later and later. I'm tryign to patiently wait, but not doing a very good job. :dance3:

10. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

Last years FD was announced much earlier than in years past. They are moving back to the prior years schedule for announcing discounts. Normally it's announced in mid to late April.

11. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

Oh my dining is already booked!!!

12. malacajo

malacajo Mouseketeer

The more I look into this, the more I'm convinced FD will be announced end of April, beginning of May....my curiosity has me wondering if it'll be free QS across the board, or as in past-free QS for value, free regular for mods and deluxe..Whatever way they do it, I'll be waiting!! We are booked at AKL for Sept 8-16, meeting good friends that are staying at WL cabins and we are ALL waiting for some free dining!!

13. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

Historic Patterns for fall free dining offers. Remember too that the bounceback from last year for fall 2013 were for stays beginning on August 18. I'm looking for the trend going back to late April, leaning toward April 25.

2006 - Booking started April 1
    2007 - Booking started April 9
    2008 - Booking started April 7
    2009 - Booking started March 30
    2010 - Booking Started April 29
    2011 - Booking Started April 28
    2012 - Booking Started March 1

14. courtneyb

courtneyb Earning My Ears

My family of 6 is booked at POR Sept.8-16th with the DDP. Would love free dining, but we are going with the DDP regardless. My Cast Member, when I called to apply a room discount PIN code, a month or so ago, told me that "there would almost definitely be a better discount that you will want to swap the room discount for coming out by late April to early May." I can't see that it would be anything other that Free Dining, right?:cool1:

15. jrasmom

jrasmom DIS Veteran

What about Chase Disney Visa holders? Seems in years past the FD offer was made available to them before it was made available to the public. At least we always got a notice of it before it went public.

I noticed this morning that my current limited time offer on my DV is for stays through this summer, must be booked by March 31st.....I keep hoping that means we'll get the offer of FD next week before it goes out to the public?

We can only go if we get FD and we're anxoius for our every other year trip to be booked and ready to go! We've got our dates & resorts narrowed down, just waiting on the FD offer to come out to book!

16. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

Visa holders get three days advance on the public. The summer offer will begin next on April 2, so we have a few more weeks before we hear about free dining. Probably around the end of April.

17. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

The offer coming out next week is for the summer months and it is a room discount with the option to purchase slightly discounted tickets. It is only good for dates through Aug 14. We still have a little while before any chance of Sep FD is available. Probably late April/early May before any Sept. deals come out.

18. MackenzieFL

MackenzieFL Mouseketeer

We decided not to get the dining plans, but if they come out with free dining that would be awesome. One less expense.

19. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

I have Free Dining booked for Sept that I booked last year on the Bounceback Offer in the room. We have done it this way for years. The difference this year was the the dates were not the same as they had been.

The brochure shows the following dates:
    Moderates with DDP 8/18-9/13/13
    Deluxe with DDP 8/18-9/26/13

This is the first time (we booked CSR) that we were not going to be able to work our stay with Food & Wine, where we like to use our Snack Credits. The Moderates offer ended 9/13. We booked to arrive the 11th. I didn't ask about Value because my family fits better in the moderate room. Wondering if they do come out with this FD offer to the public it will include the more limited dates for moderates.

[​IMG]

20. doggydoc

doggydoc It's not a midlife crisis I'm just a car enthusias

I'm taking the release of a summer discount as a good sign that FD will be offered in the fall.
    :goodvibes

21. amandals2007

amandals2007 DIS Veteran

My dad is a disney travel agent and he said there's a good chance disney won't do free dining but the summer discount basically secures a discount for sept since its the slowest time of year.