1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

September 2013 Watch

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by Seeker615, Nov 6, 2012.

1. disneydan55

disneydan55 Earning My Ears

Just booked my trip for Sept. 24th through October first. I was told by the agent to expect a discount coming out soon for those dates. She said that they have not been advised what the discount will be yet but to keep checking because it will be out soon. Does anyone know if there is a particular day of the week that Disney usually announces it's discounts on?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. jgraney106

jgraney106 DIS Veteran

Our family is going the exact same dates. We are staying at PO Riverside. One family member is still hoping to get a free dining code, so this is good news to hear. Lets all hope the code will be for free dining!

4. GoofyHusband

GoofyHusband Earning My Ears

Ya last week we booked our trip for Sept 28-Oct 5th. We booked the room separate from our tix so we could do the AAA room discount. The CM told us that she was sure FD would come out and when it did we should call back and rebook our trip as a package.

5. 2manypets

2manypets DIS Veteran

We've extended our stay through the Sept 14th. We were originally going to leave on Friday, until I realized it would be Friday the 13th. There's no way I'm driving 800 miles on that day! :scared1: Now we'll get to go to the Villains party Woot! :cheer2:

6. 4Jays

4Jays Mouseketeer

Looking for some kind of a deal. Free dining would be the best.
    We've decided that we deserve a trip for just the two of us. We've always taken our kids (even now that they are adults) and/or Dh's parents. We haven't had an "couple's only trip" since our honeymoon--31 years ago!

7. skmastaz

skmastaz Mouseketeer

So this question has probably been asked a million times before, but I have a just room at art of animation and tickets package already booked for Sept 7 - 13 with no dining plan. If a FD plan does come up, will I be able to call and add it to the package, or do I have to have the dining plan on already? I'm a bit concerned.

8. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

:welcome:

If a free dining deal comes out, you can call to see if you can get it added to your reservation. If you are not booked in an AoA suite, though, you might be out of luck. The standard AoA rooms have been blacked out of all offers because they are in high demand.

9. skmastaz

skmastaz Mouseketeer

Ah, good! We are in a Finding Nemo Suite! We've still got a chance! Thanks!

10. Jemepech

Jemepech Earning My Ears

We're booked for POR 7 days in September. If they offer the FD do they just add it to your existing reservation, or do you have to cancel and rebook. If so dose that mean they take the money you paid for the first Res and move to the new one? Thanks all

11. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

As long as you are booked with a package (even one without dining), you can call to get the free dining applied to your current reservation. Provided there is availability under the discount for the room type you are booked with, of course.

If you are currently booked with a room only reservation, you would need to cancel and rebook. Money cannot be switched between room only bookings and packages. It would require a new deposit and a refund of the old deposit.

You MUST call to have any discounts applied. They do not do it automatically. Also, if you modify your reservation after a ticket increase goes into effect, you will be required to pay the new ticket prices. You need to make sure you do ALL of the necessary math before making any changes to ensure you are getting the best deal.

12. sue Z

sue Z Heading to the World soon!!!

Im alll booked for POP 9/24-10/1 with QSDP getting it whether its free or not i like not having to deal with having money for food as well as souveniers

13. amber_cntrygrl

amber_cntrygrl Mouseketeer

That's us. We feel it's worth it not to have to deal with food money while we're there. Free or not, we love the DDP! :)

14. nat1234

nat1234 Mouseketeer

That's why I book with the dining plan. I don't want to have to worry that I'll buy too many souvenirs and not have enough left to eat. This why they're all covered. Lol. Free dining is just an added bonus.:)

15. Huff

Huff DIS Veteran

Don't you know that it is bad luck to be superstitious?

16. golfgirl3613

golfgirl3613 DIS Veteran

17. KELLY

KELLY DIS Veteran

Same here we do have FD because we booked Bb again. This is the 3rd year we have done the QSDP. But it is just easier to pay for it all at once. Free dining saved us 1500.00 this year.

18. cswolfpack

cswolfpack Earning My Ears

Hey GoofyHusband...I hope that CM is correct. My family and neighbor's family will be at the world the same time (only leaving on the 6th)...really really hoping for FD. We are staying at Coronado Springs.

19. GoofyHusband

GoofyHusband Earning My Ears

We will see I guess. If FD does come out I will have to call and rebook as a package. If not, I will just keep me aaa room discount and pay oop for dining.

20. Mckymousefn

Mckymousefn DIS Veteran

I just wish they would hurry up and announce what the newest promotion will be!! :surfweb:

21. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

We already know what the next promo will be. It will be a room offer with the option of buying slightly discounted tickets. The dates are for summer (I think the end date might be Aug 14???) It is supposed to be released on April 2. :goodvibes