September 2013 CANCELLED ADR Thread - Read 1st Post

When everyone is searching for the elusive BOG are you putting in Dinner or a specific time. The reason I ask is that I always use the Dinner option, but when it returns the sorry 'bout your luck notice it says no availibility between 5pm-10pm, well don't they open for dinner at 4? What about that hour-should I be looking then also? :

I have thought the same thing...I keep using the Dinner option. Seems easier and covers all times as much as possible.

You would think that a company that can make magic like nobody's business could figure out an online system that works correctly :rolleyes2:

I have wondered that as well.

I keep telling myself that it's ok if I don't get to eat dinner there-I can have lunch and still see the inside. But it's like a personal quest to get it now-darn my obsession :rotfl: :

It is the totally that for me now...I am obsessed with getting an ADR now!:stir:

Well i can tell you I have had it happen on other Restaurants. I think its more visible with BOG because it is so popular right now.

I only seems to happen on early morning 180 days out reservations and on cancelled ones. Those are when everyone is fighting over availability.

I have not had any problems with the system when booking a less popular restaurant in the middle of the day.

It comes down to user traffic. I hate HATE HATE ticketmaster, but they sure have a good model on how to manage the traffic and distribution.

I think Disney needs to add an extra layer or two on their reservation system to get it right.

I hadn't read your e-mail before I sent mine but now that I have what you're saying makes perfect sense.

I know this ADR system is an "upgrade" since our last trip but I really don't see a difference and it doesn't seem any faster. You are right, they really should take a lesson from tickemaster!

When everyone is searching for the elusive BOG are you putting in Dinner or a specific time. The reason I ask is that I always use the Dinner option, but when it returns the sorry 'bout your luck notice it says no availibility between 5pm-10pm, well don't they open for dinner at 4? What about that hour-should I be looking then also?

You would think that a company that can make magic like nobody's business could figure out an online system that works correctly :rolleyes2

I keep telling myself that it's ok if I don't get to eat dinner there-I can have lunch and still see the inside. But it's like a personal quest to get it now-darn my obsession :rotfl:

Best of luck to all in getting the ADR of your dreams pixiedust:

I've been checking both "Dinner" and 4pm for every day of our trip. We are currently a party of 5 so I've been checking for that AND I've rounded up and down (not sure if dh will be there) so for every day of the trip I'm checking SIX different options at least 8 times a day. Yes, I am obsessed....

What I don't understand is why I am able make ADR's for all restaurants from my desktop computer, but when trying to make them from my iPhone or iPad, some give me a message to call while others let me make them from my phone. By the time I call, someone else has snagged the ressie.

What I don't understand is why I am able make ADR's for all restaurants from my desktop computer, but when trying to make them from my iPhone or iPad, some give me a message to call while others let me make them from my phone. By the time I call, someone else has snagged the ressie.

Unfortunately I think you can only reserve through the site not the app... I don't quite get it though :)

AARRGGHH!!!

I just had a BOG for 6:30 on 9/1 and was trying to add guests and the stupid, awful, piece of garbage Disney calls a website crashed and I lost the ressie. Yes, I'm having a tantrum over a dining reservation but GRRRRR!!! It's bad enough Disney cancelled the reservation we already had because they didn't have all their ducks in a row and gave people reservations on 9/6 then pulled them all. Now their stupid website crashes on me when I have another one in the works.

This happened to me this morning! I think I was so stunned not to see the "No tables available..." message that I hesitated too long and someone else snagged the ADR. So frustrating!

I'm stunned, but I was just able to get BoG for 9/28!

I now have a Kona ressie for 2 at 6:55pm that I need to cancel. I know it isn't a hard one to get, but if anyone wants it let me know. I didn't need to cancel it to make the BoG ressie, so I'll hang onto it for a while in case anyone here wants to take it.

Thanks! I almost closed the page out of habit before I realized there was a date next to the name. Never saw that before! :thumbsup2

That's great! Can I ask how you were able to get it? Did you obsessively check the on-line site like I'm doing??

Thanks.

Pretty much! I've been checking at least a few times a day, not really thinking I'd find anything. I guess I just got lucky!

I am going to cancel next week a BOG for 9/10 around 5pm. I will come back here to post more details. Thanks!

Within the next 30 minutes, I will be cancelling a BOG ressie- 9/18 at 8:45pm for 2.

Also, Bongo's at DTD for 9/17 at 6:50pm and La Hacienda de San Angel for 9/19 at 7:45pm. Both are tables for 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter