September 12, 2009 ~ Last Call for Tortola!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by SNicksed, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katypop

katypop DIS Veteran

I'd love to meet and chat at Quiet Cove :) I'd also love to meet up for a Tequila tasting! I couldn't fit that in during my last cruise. I did try the martini tasting ... fun but...I didn't like them :(

Kathe

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. NotSoLittleMermaid

NotSoLittleMermaid DIS Veteran<br><br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com

Welcome to the new folks!

You know, I, too, felt like there were so many folks I didn't get to talk with, or talk with very much. I was thinking that if those that want to could arrange to be on the same dining rotation, not necessarily seated together but seated near or just in the same dining room at the same time, that would make it possible to at least touch base each day. We could maybe even do some table-hopping or swap seats for a meal if we wanted to. I know that the folks who were in my same dining room, even though their tables weren't necessarily close to mine, I tried to make a point of stopping by their tables to at least say "hi". What do you all think?

4. granmaz

granmaz Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Hi there and welcome to this friendly group!! I am sure you will get to know us in the months to come.
    :)
    Cherie that is a great idea. You just never see some people because theya re at different seatings.

5. TCCDad

TCCDad Earning My Ears

We loved our last cruise so much that we are bring DW's parents with us on this one. It will be thier first cruise ever.

We can hardly wait to get to Tortola. DW wants to go swimming with the dolphins.

6. TCCDad

TCCDad Earning My Ears

Sounds like a great idea to us.

7. rotary2808

rotary2808 DIS Veteran

Welcome to the group Cal!!!!

8. JLSE50

JLSE50 DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my br

I am starting a list. So far I have DIS name, family names and addresses as much as I can glean. Not sure where to post it though.

Jan :earsgirl:

9. woody73

woody73 <font color=darkorange>Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen<br><

You could do a "Roll Call" list as a new post, and one of us on page 1 could put a link to it so people can find it.

Woody

10. granmaz

granmaz Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Well done Jan. I was thinking of going throught the thread and noting everyone so i am glad to find out you had done it before I began!!!

Another option is to PM the list to the OP for them to insert into the first post.

11. JLSE50

OK, what is a ROLL CALL list?

12. JLSE50

I did PM him and tell him I had done it. We can see if he replies. He and a lot of other people from last winter are not posting these days.

13. JLSE50

Names for the Group that were proposed in the early pages are:

Sept '09, Tortola and the Magic one last time

Tor-Totally Magic 2009

DCL Magic Tor-Tollin' ‘09

Tortola & Magic "Cruisin on the 9's"

14. woody73

List of all the DISers.

Woody

15. lg3

lg3 <font color=darkorchid>The '80's must have been ha

That sounds fantastic! I wonder how old you have to be for that - I need to do my homework. Am I behind on planning already? :laughing: Last cruise dd was just 4, so a lot of excursions were off limits. This time we will have more options. :thumbsup2

16. pfishgirl

pfishgirl In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/

Dis Tor'Tollin on the Magic ;)

17. JLSE50

What I have now, Woody, is a list of all the DIS names with real names as I could find them, ages, hometown, room numbers, and whether something was to be celebrated or not based on scanning the thread from pages 1-37.

Shall I just copy and paste all that?

Do we need to be concerned about privacy since people already posted this info?

Do we then invite people to make additions and corrections as they see the need?

I have never had this job before so never paid attention to the finer points of making it happen.

Thanks for your help.

18. woody73

Jan -- there are many ways to do a Roll Call. Here's a sample of one done by dizney-cruiser. Sample Roll Call

She made it real fancy with different font colors, which makes it easy to find certain information. But basic black works too. The important thing is to collect all the information in one place.

If a person has already posted his or her information on this thread, I don't believe there are privacy concerns. But I would not augment information that you receive from another source (such as a Mini Navigator from a prior cruise). Some people might not want certain information on a public board.

Hope this helps.

Woody

19. TCCDad

TCCDad Earning My Ears

There are actually three levels that you can choose from. The basic one is from age one & up. The website you want to go to is DolphinDiscovery.

Were just did our ressies for it today(sad). I also found out that DW REALLY wants to spend some time swimming with them, so she is going back at 1 pm for the swim adventure.

I did the reservation directly through DolphinDiscovery since DCL did not offer it as an excursion.

20. ibouncetoo

ibouncetoo <font color=009999>I get excited by the little thi

lg3, I've done Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel and also booked directly with them. I don't know if you have any concerns about booking an excursion on your own, but this is a good company, so you shouldn't have any concerns there. I did the "Royal Swim" (which also was not available through DCL) and it was FANTASTIC! Definately one of the top experiences in my life. :thumbsup2

Woody, please give Janice and Linda a BIG hug from me when you see them at Halloween. Man....I really need a winning lottery ticket. There are three cruises yet this year that have good friends on them...AND I WANT TO GO TOO. :worried:

21. woody73

Will do.

I hope you win and join us.

Woody

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.