September 12, 2009 ~ Last Call for Tortola! Thread 2

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by JLSE50, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibouncetoo

ibouncetoo <font color=009999>I get excited by the little thi

Oh lord....are you dragging out the Edwardian Gentleman's guide again? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I also suffer from CRS...hence the pile of little pieces of notepaper next to my computer. One of which contains Cheri's home phone number that will EVENTUALLY get progammed into my cell phone.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. iankh

iankh It's never done till it's overdone

I have a feeling you might see several of the purple ones on our cruise!

4. iankh

iankh It's never done till it's overdone

"Rules of Etiquette and Home Culture or What To Do And How to Do It," copyright 1907 is my constant companion and my steady friend. It has helped me navigate the sometime treacherous waters of social intercourse, and has often saved me from embarrassment.

I quote from the opening chapter, "American Etiquette," thusly:

"To estimate the real value of etiquette, decorum, or good manners, is to measure the breadth and scope of modern civilization. That culture only is valuable which smooths the rough places, harmonizes the imperfections, and develops the pure, the good and gentle in human character. The revenge of the savage, the roughness of the barbarons, and the rudeness of even some who claim to be civilized, are all lost in the good will and suavity of gentle manners."

Let us take our lead from these indeed, lofty ideas.

So, I'm warning you broad, don't make fun of my Edwardian Gentlemen's etiquette books (and yes, I have more than just one.)

5. lg3

lg3 <font color=darkorchid>The '80's must have been ha

I was fortunate to have a wonderful copy of Vogue's Book of Etiquette, copyright 1948, which I got when my grandmother passed away. It is extremely detailed and quite enlightening regarding how "things were done" at the time. I love browsing through it. It is 658 pages long. Some sections are: Manners, Ceremonies & Events, Weddings, Household Customs, Furnishing a House, Entertaining, Correspondence, and Clothes. I can only imagine what something from 1907 would say.

6. lg3

lg3 <font color=darkorchid>The '80's must have been ha

I just noticed that the old thread is still linked on the master list that IrishCowboy had generously put together. Any way to update that to the new thread?

7. ibouncetoo

I think Irish Cowboy always shows the link to the FIRST thread for any meet. Then each thread should have a link to it's next 'home'.

8. JLSE50

JLSE50 DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my br

I am glad someone had a response for this as I had no idea what it meant. I have a link to thread ONE at the bottom of Post ONE and this thread is POSTED in one of the last posts on the last page of the old thread. I sure hope that is OK. If we need to do something else, let me know because I have no clue.

Jan :eek:

9. EllaEnchanted

EllaEnchanted <font color=darkturquoise>iDIS...resistance is fut

Thanks so much Donna, Kathe, Jackie and Jan.

Jackie, YES it's definitely a DIS meet!!!

Jan, the legS are both now infected again. Just finished a double batch of antibiotics. Gotta get back to the doctor again soon and see what he says.

10. katypop

katypop DIS Veteran

Hi Vicki. I'm really looking forward to seeing you in Sept too! But you don't owe me anything, I really didn't do much, I just felt so bad that you were hurt...and then you weren't there to fan me with your lovely hat to keep me cool ;) Good thing there wasn't any blood :scared1: I would NOT make a good nurse! I am really looking forward to getting reaquainted :hug:

I'm in :thumbsup2 :cool1:
    Deb, did we decide on a day for the Champagne girls? I've forgotten! I don't think I could handle both on the same day :lmao:

Kathe

11. EllaEnchanted

Did I ever tell you the story of when me and John actually were late to the muster drill. We did indeed get in trouble. When we returned to our stateroom later that day we received a very nice nasty letter from DCL scolding us. We were never late to another one after that.

12. katypop

katypop DIS Veteran

Deb, I'm sorry to hear about your legs :sad2: :hug: It's time for those to heal already!!!

Kathe

13. EllaEnchanted

Well you have us down now don't you!!! Cheers!

We'll be spending two nights in Cocoa Beach before cruise as usual. We'll see Sandi/DD and Joe/DSIL and Kris/DGS one night and go to Fishlips the next night. I'll get my mani/pedi at my favorite place and we can get all of our last minute errands and banking done before getting on board. Also, it's a short ride to the boat in the morning. I HAVE to get there early.

We usually do WDW after cruise. Although we'll be doing a B2B so I'm not sure we'll have enough time or money to do World after this time. It's worth it getting to do a B2B instead.:dance3:

14. ibouncetoo

Shots Around the Ship and Champagne Girls....definately NOT the same day! :sick:

We can probably wait till the April Tortola group has come back to pick our days. That way we'll know which days are which 'themes' etc. Then we can decide on that before the June 90 day booking window for Palo and stuff. Hope that April group knows just how much all the rest of us are counting on them!

15. EllaEnchanted

16. ibouncetoo

Jan, on the 'stickey' section of the cruise line forum is a list of Wonder and a list of Magic meets threads with a link to each one. IrishCowboy takes care of it and makes it very easy to find if there is aleady a thread for a cruise you have just signed up for.

Once, a while back, when I was trying to decide about a possible cruise...I looked at the links for several 'option dates' to see if anybody I knew was aleady booked on one of the cruises! :lmao:

17. ibouncetoo

:wave: Hey Deb :wave:

18. EllaEnchanted

Hi Kaz, it all sounds like such fun.....and I agree that vacation planning is great but what's even better is vacation doing.;)

19. EllaEnchanted

YES, me and John will be there.....just don't have it on Sunday Sept 13 because that's when the Champagne Girls are going to try to get together. Any other day is fine. But better if it's a sea day the next day. Getting up early for an excursion the day afterwould be rough.

20. EllaEnchanted

I hope it pays well!:cutie:

21. EllaEnchanted

I'm with you Kathe....this started in the spring of 07....that's too long already. And we had one healed for over a year and then it got infected again. I don't know what causes it and how to completely heal them. I've been in and out of the hospital already with them. I hope I don't have to go back into the hospital again. We'll see what the wound doctor says.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.