September 12, 2009 ~ Last Call for Tortola! Thread 2

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by JLSE50, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibouncetoo

ibouncetoo <font color=009999>I get excited by the little thi

I enjoyed staying at SSR last year....four girls in a 2 bedroom villa...lots of fun. I think my host for THIS trip is leaning towards VWL, which will make me happy as I loved staying at WL. Wouldn't turn up my nose at ANY of them though. :lmao: Just would like someplace other than SSR as I've 'been there, done that'.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JLSE50

JLSE50 DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my br

Picture is gone. Any idea what happened?
    :confused3

4. JLSE50

I have read all the posts to this point and entered the significant data on post one......I think.......:confused3

So, please check your listing and be sure I have the appropriate and correct information there. If not, post again with corrections or additions. :thumbsup2

Jan

5. DisneyRN1

DisneyRN1 Dis Veteran

Thanks Jan for doing all this for everyone. If no one else is putting ages, you don't need to put ours, but I don't mind either way.
    We are also going to stay at WDW either pre-or-post cruise, haven't decided yet. We are not DVC members, but will probably stay at the Poly or possibly Shades Of Green. It was so great last Dec. to be able to go to the cruise desk at the Poly and get all of the check-in done before we left to go to the Terminal.
    For those interested in the movie "Marley and Me"....my DH and I saw it today. We are major pet lovers, and laughed so hard during most of the movie. We could relate to Marley's "antics" :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: I have to admit that I left the movie before it was over, knowing how it ended. :sad1: :sad1: I was a whimp.

6. ibouncetoo

Keep in mind that free dining will most likely be going on then, and I don't think it is available if you stay at Shades Of Green (I think I just read that the other day). Just something to check out.

7. katypop

katypop DIS Veteran

I'm envious! I only have enough vacation time to arrive one day early, but I will spend it at one of the parks :thumbsup2

Kathe

8. ibouncetoo

Kathe, where are you going to stay Friday night?

9. granmaz

granmaz Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Well I really loved our stay at SSR and was so very pleasantly surprised.

Location wise we love the Boardwalk though, but SSR is so peaceful after all the hustle and bustle.

10. iankh

iankh It's never done till it's overdone

We're going to be spending the week before the cruise down in WDW with a couple of broads that somehow latched onto us on the Panama cruise.

Not sure where we're staying yet. At this point I have more DVC points in 2009 than Midas. I'll be making our booking on Feb 7.

11. ibouncetoo

At least you didn't say two OLD broads! :upsidedow

12. granmaz

Well, he IS a gentleman!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

13. JLSE50

Since people are doing ages now, I put yours in, but check to make sure I did it right.

thanks for your review of Marley and me. Pretty much cinches it I will not go.

14. JLSE50

:yay: Free dining? :woohoo: Tell me more. :cool1:

How DO you find out these things? :confused3 You are amazing. ::yes::

Jan-:confused:-the-befuddled

15. ibouncetoo

Jan, I just spend a LOT of free time on the DIS! :lmao:

For the last several years WDW has offered the dining plan for free when you book rack rate resort and park tickets MYW packages in the month of September. For 2009 they will most likely be offering the "Quick Service" dining plan with value resort stays and the regular dining plan with Mod&Deluxe resort stays. The exact dates for this year have not been announced yet...think it usually happens by April. So if you are planing on staying on property pre/post cruise anyway, go ahead and book your resort of choice and tickets using the Magic Your Way section on the web-site (or call WDW).

IF you are staying DVC, you will have to purchase the dining plan, no 'free' dining available here.

16. rotary2808

rotary2808 DIS Veteran

That's the only thing I don't like about DVC is you can never take advantage of the free dining plan, but it doesn't matter for us now anyways since we got the Tables in Wonderland card.

17. rotary2808

rotary2808 DIS Veteran

Our p. 1 info looks correct.:thumbsup2

18. ibouncetoo

Jan, re page one.

I noticed you have Peg (TiggersPal) under me and then again alphabetically (which is fine) but the alphabetical listing has old room number and stuff. Also for listing brother Paul, would you change it to 'fiance' Jill instead of girlfriend?

Thanks!

19. ragdoll

ragdoll DIS Veteran

Question here...Does anyone know if WDW usually offers discounts on hotels in Sept? I would prefer a discount. I really don't care for free dining. I don't like planning ahead and I need my daily Earl of Sandwich fix.:laughing: Weird, I know.:crazy:

Donna

20. granmaz

I am sure there will be some discounts Donna. Just have to keep looking. usually they only come out a few months before, but with Disney feeling the downturn a little they could be out sooner.

We have had the dining plan on 3 trips and have now decided not to bother - we like the freedom. Lots of offsite places to eat at much better than at WDW, and also I was just so FED up!!!;)

21. lg3

lg3 <font color=darkorchid>The '80's must have been ha

Hi everyone! Sorry to have been gone so long. We moved into the new house and sold the old one (finally!) and now collapsing from all the Holidays. All is well and we are starting to get psyched for the cruise. Usually we stay a few days at WDW first, but now that dd will be in 1st grade dh thinks we shouldn't pull her out of school for more than we already are. I'm going with the flow on that one, because we may be able to fit in a trip to DL over the summer if things go right.
    Thanks Jan for getting this new thread together! Please add us to the FE list. We had such a blast with it on the last cruise, it was definitely worth the effort. I will need to add a ticker - what torture! :yay: Our pic (from DL last year):
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.