September 12, 2009 ~ Last Call for Tortola! Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Only weigh yourself once a week
  • Weigh yourself at the same time of day every week
  • It's probably best to do it in the morning before breakfast
  • A salty meal the night before can impact results
I have spoken.

(For more wisdom you have to come to a Sunday morning meeting)

The task ahead is hard. The road difficult. Our mission? To make the universe a healthier place, a half a pound at a time.

OH wise one - hello there - yes I realize you shouldn't do what I did on a regular basis - normally I do my weigh-ins at my weekly meeting - (which is at the same time every week) but I had felt bloated and knew I was retaining water - so when I woke up and felt "lighter" I just thought - well let's give it a go... and I was amazed at how much water I had been retaining, I had also flown less than 48 hours prior (more like 35) - so I was really curious... just an FYI - though I'm on a medically supervised program - so this behavior of mine isn't normal... I was just curious - if anyone had shown a great deal of water weight around their time of month and with the fact that I had flown recently... (see you made me say it) and if it really can show such a huge change -

OH wise one - hello there - yes I realize you shouldn't do what I did on a regular basis - normally I do my weigh-ins at my weekly meeting - (which is at the same time every week) but I had felt bloated and knew I was retaining water - so when I woke up and felt "lighter" I just thought - well let's give it a go... and I was amazed at how much water I had been retaining, I had also flown less than 48 hours prior (more like 35) - so I was really curious... just an FYI - though I'm on a medically supervised program - so this behavior of mine isn't normal... I was just curious - if anyone had shown a great deal of water weight around their time of month and with the fact that I had flown recently... (see you made me say it) and if it really can show such a huge change -

OH NO! You didn't just play the "time of month" card, did you? :rotfl:

I'm laughing because when I went for leader training, the trainers thought it would be funny to throw every sort of "woman's issue" at me during role play and mock-meetings. Yes, I had 'em all, time of month, menopause, nursing, etc, much to the giggles of the other trainees all of whom were women.

And yes, some things can play havoc with what shows on the scale, such as a salty meal or a monthly cycle.

But, with time, you can learn what your pattern is, and become more comfortable with it.

If fact, everyone has a pattern of loss, understanding is wonderful because it can help manage what can be emotionally deflating if the results at the scale are not what one hoped for.

Focus on the behavior and the scale will follow.

That sounded pretty good, didn't it? I've got more if you're interested.

Yeah and shocking because it's been 115 days since the last one - TMI - menopause is SO entertaining!!!!
I'm laughing because when I went for leader training, the trainers thought it would be funny to throw every sort of "woman's issue" at me during role play and mock-meetings. Yes, I had 'em all, time of month, menopause, nursing, etc, much to the giggles of the other trainees all of whom were women.
You poor guy...
And yes, some things can play havoc with what shows on the scale, such as a salty meal or a monthly cycle.

But, with time, you can learn what your pattern is, and become more comfortable with it.
I'm comfortable as long as it continues to go DOWN! LOL:rotfl:I was actually in a "stale mate" - so seeing movement is great - I was actually quite patient - as I am NOT normally...
If fact, everyone has a pattern of loss, understanding is wonderful because it can help manage what can be emotionally deflating if the results at the scale are not what one hoped for.
My first 8 weeks were SO HARD - because I don't like to weigh myself at all -and now I've kinda gotten the whole ... "oh heck that's just this week, keeping eating right and the scale will eventually show the results you are looking for... as this is "for life" now - not just getting into a size...etc
My new motto...
Wise one - I am also open to your words of wisdom...:woohoo:

JR are you still in your company wide meeting??? I'm dying to know what happened... any GOOD news? Geez I hope so... I'm getting a little worried:rolleyes1

The meeting is over....the best thing I can say is I didn't eat any of the Paradise Bakery cookies they were serving! :lmao:

No more furloughs, no more layoffs, across the board paycuts for everyone from the CEO on down. Mine will be 5%. This is a smaller hit (mathmatically) than the furloughs were...but then this is permanent. When you break it down to a per week/after tax decrease, it's not that scary. (Just as it was never that exciting to break down a raise to the per week after tax number!) It just feels icky to go backwards. Now I can't retire till I'm 70...:upsidedow

On a less weighty topic, I prepaid my tips and excursions today.

As I unpacked from N.C. I started pulling things together for the Tortola cruise - also our new DISNEY outfits came and my DH is LESS than thrilled we have matching outfits. Now if only I can get my
fandangle into a medium! Thank God I have time to lose 20 more pounds. I started pulling out all DH's Disney t shirts (gifts from Jackie and myself) from all our past visits - and the man will fit right in! :rotfl:He even has a gorgeous sage green t-shirt from Animal Kingdom that he looks so cute in.

I found my new orange suit cover-up and I'm excited about it.

Has anyone ever had a water weight gain of over 7 lbs? Just curious - I've had a 4 pound difference from night until morning but cannot image why I have such a large loss from yesterday... I might have to -re-check - because it's so hard to believe!

Hope everyone is doing well.:love:

I'm quite impressed when I see men in Disney t shirts. I would never, in a million years, get John in a Disney tee!!! Took all my time to even get him TO Disney - that would be taking it one step too far.:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

• Only weigh yourself once a week
  • Weigh yourself at the same time of day every week
  • It's probably best to do it in the morning before breakfast
  • A salty meal the night before can impact results

I have spoken.

(For more wisdom you have to come to a Sunday morning meeting)

The task ahead is hard. The road difficult. Our mission? To make the universe a healthier place, a half a pound at a time.

Very wise words from our diet guru!

I have friends who weigh themselves evey morning and get distraught if they have gained, even a tiny bit. They punish themselves all day.

Problem is many ladies don't have a pattern!!! And I NEVER became comfortable with it!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Very helpful though Ian.

I'm quite impressed when I see men in Disney t shirts. I would never, in a million years, get John in a Disney tee!!! Took all my time to even get him TO Disney - that would be taking it one step too far.:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

That surprises me. I thought John was rather keen on it, though that assumption is based on having met you guys on a DCL cruise, and then seeing you in Epcot and Olivias.

I tend to only wear my Disney t-shirts while on holiday. I rarely wear them around here, perhaps some of the more muted retro ones, but that's about it.

I look forward to going through my piles of Disneywear in about 9 more weeks and seeing which ones will fit (as I have many sizes).

I've just been able to pull about four tops from the closet that I am NOW able to add back into the rotation! :woohoo: And there are several more that are in the 'standing only' phase, that will soon move to the 'able to wear sitting down' stage in about ONE MORE INCH.

That surprises me. I thought John was rather keen on it, though that assumption is based on having met you guys on a DCL cruise, and then seeing you in Epcot and Olivias.

I tend to only wear my Disney t-shirts while on holiday. I rarely wear them around here, perhaps some of the more muted retro ones, but that's about it.

Well he does enjoy seeing the shirts on others, particularly ones with amusing texts on them.

I did threaten to buy him a Grumpy one once though!! I don't think he was at all amused.:confused3;)

I look forward to going through my piles of Disneywear in about 9 more weeks and seeing which ones will fit (as I have many sizes).

I've just been able to pull about four tops from the closet that I am NOW able to add back into the rotation! :woohoo: And there are several more that are in the 'standing only' phase, that will soon move to the 'able to wear sitting down' stage in about ONE MORE INCH.

Now that is exciting Jackie. Well done.

My wardrobe(as in closet, not my current clothing:lmao:) consists of about 4 sizes of clothing. I have been getting rid of the smallest size though as I can't see me ever reaching that low a weight. I wouldn't look good at my age!!!!! got to have a little meat on old bones.:eek:

When I went to WW some years ago, the leader used to say that losing 10lbs was a dress size on average. I like looking it in that way.

HA! The 'new' shirt I just put on didn't go color-wise with my pants....so... I rummaged through the closet, pulled out the correct color of tan....and THEY FIT!

Have a good day everyone, I'm heading off to work in what feels like new clothes. :upsidedow

That's wonderful. I always find those sort of experiences to be incredibly motivating. Bravo!

I just got a call from DCL stating our Day at the Baths tour has been cancelled. I'm so upset! That was the one thing we were looking forward to the most! :sad: Off to do some investigating. :sad2:

I look at it this way: all I had to lose was 3 pounds, which I did, and then repeated losing 3 pounds 30 times.
Great attitude - lad - i tude.

I've just been able to pull about four tops from the closet that I am NOW able to add back into the rotation! :woohoo: And there are several more that are in the 'standing only' phase, that will soon move to the 'able to wear sitting down' stage in about ONE MORE INCH..
YOU GO GIRL!:cheer2:
HA! The 'new' shirt I just put on didn't go color-wise with my pants....so... I rummaged through the closet, pulled out the correct color of tan....and THEY FIT!

Have a good day everyone, I'm heading off to work in what feels like new clothes. :upsidedow

:cheer2::dance3::yay:I LOVE that feeling!

I just got a call from DCL stating our Day at the Baths tour has been cancelled. I'm so upset! That was the one thing we were looking forward to the most! :sad: Off to do some investigating. :sad2:

Did they say why?

You can get to the baths by yourself - cheaper than DCL - that is what we are considering.

-Kay

I thought, for everyone's benefit I would do a recap of the events that have been planned as part of this cruise by folks on this thread.

DIS Dinner and Meet-up at Fishlips Restaurant, Sept 11, Night Before the Cruise Let the fun start early, the night before the cruise with a DIS dinner meet-up at Fishlips Restaurant. RSVP and your party will be added to the list. It will help with getting an accurate count so that a table or tables can be booked. For more information about Fishlips Restaurant click here.

Champagne Girls Tentatively scheduled for Sunday, September 13th, 2:00 p.m. at Diversions. This event is a champagne tasting.....we'll sample different champagnes ranging from dry to sweet and learn something about each of them. We would like everyone to wear PINK. Pink tiaras and boas will be provided. We will take a group picture. Our mascott is Sassy Bubbles and she will be dressed like a pink tink.....aka....Cheri. It's not necessary for everyone to drink champagne. We have tasters.....they will sample the champagnes. We have sippers....they will only have a little. We have non champagne drinkers....they can order whatever they want. There will be an additional charge to participate, but it will be minimal....usually $10 for tasters and $5 for sippers....no charge for non champagne drinkers. We'll try to keep it in this price range. Pictures will be available at Shutters for purchase separately. Deb will need to know the size of the group so that she can make appropriate plans with DCL and have sufficient champagne.

Shot's Around the Ship will take place on Sunday night, September 13th, at about 10-ish PM. You can drink whatever you want, water, soda, or rot-gut. When we're ready, as a group, we'll move on to another bar on the ship. It is meant to be just a relaxed way for folks to get together and chat. Many of my friends on this cruise, I first met at Shots Around the Ship on another cruise. The count of respondents will provide information to make sure that DCL has our first venue staffed appropriately for the size of the gathering.

Fish Extenders. This is a little gift exchange, and it can be a lot of fun and full of surprises. A count of cabins and people will be needed in advance, so that the exchange can be organized, goodies purchased, etc.

Walking on Water is meant to be a way to keep active on board ship. I am planning on going for a long walk everyday and invite others to join me. I will be asking a bit more below, so I can get a better idea of what folks are looking for. This is the first time I've planned this sort of activity.

To express an interest in participating in any of the above click here. Your interest will be shared with the appropriate organizer. This particular survey will close at midnight on July 12th.

If you are interested in Lanyards, please send a PM to Monica at mishoe01

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter