Sept PTR

AussieBritTraveller

ready for our 2nd orlando trip
Travelling to Orlando from London in September 2015, first time for me, 3rd time for husband, 2nd time for stepson and 1st time for his mate

Staying at Loews Royal Pacific, cant wait!

Will do a Trip Report once I'm back in the UK

:welcome:

will look forward to reading along with your trip report........ask away on the Universal boards if you need to know anything specific......:thumbsup2

OK Quick Question, how do I add a photo in my profile?

I should add a bit more of the plan to my Pre Trip Report

So this trip has come about after my husband and his son went back in May 2013. I was invited but I was trying to pay of an old credit card and at the time Orlando wasn't really on my radar and I thought it would be nice for father and son to have a big holiday together and it was a 21st bday present. Anyways the day they left, I was desperate to go and it dawned on me what I was missing out on. They had an amazing time but it was the longest 2.5 weeks for me :(

Both said they would love to do it again so in April 2014 we decided to book again this time with me included and his sons best mate. Hubs found an amazing deal to stay onsite with 2 rooms @ Loews Royal Pacific resort and flights so we booked then and there.

We are not huge planners but know what we will be doing. we have the 6 park ticket for Universal studios & IOA, SeaWorld, Aquatica, Busch Gardens & Wet&Wild, Frequent Fear Halloween horror night tickets, hubs and I have also booked Kennedy Space station for ourselves.

In between we will be having pool and shopping days

Have gotten a lot of tips already from a few trip reports on this site already, cant believe I only found it last week!

Go to your profile and click on Avatar option........from there you have to upload your own pic from your computer. There is a size limit but it's fairly easy to do.

We don't plan either.......we wake up and decide what to do that day.......I could never do a commando trip!!! My idea of hell.

We have friends in Orlando at the minute and they've met up with other friends who are opposite of them and want to rush around everywhere.......they made their excuses and said they couldn't meet up second day.....lol.......

Anyway, you will adore RPR........well, maybe we are biased but we love it and won't stay anywhere else. Perfect place for us anyway.

With EP you can take your time and have plenty of relaxing time around the resort or shop!! Definitely visit Mall at Millenia.......I love that mall!!!

Looking forward to reading more about your trip.......:)

Yes definitely going to Millenia Mall

I think I need to post 10 times before I can add an Avatar, that explains it :)

Hoping the weather is as good as it was for you last year too, but I do love a good storm!

Getting excited now

Park Tickets have arrived from Attraction Tickets and our Kennedy Space station tickets too

48 days to go, not that im counting :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Royal Pacific Resort fans, do you have room recommendations?

We always stay in T3.

T1 has some good theme park views also and is slightly closer to the walking path.

T3 is closer to the boat.......but it's not a huge resort so distance makes no odds to us.

I would request a high floor.

Great, Thanks and if i'm not mistaken T1 is the one that has recently been refurbished? Definitely high floor :)

OK I'm officially obsessed i'm reading and researching about Orlando 24/7 and still not making plans :). Don't think i've ever been so excited about a holiday

Only other update is we have realised that our 14 day Universal/SeaWorld/Aquatica/WetnWild pass will run out on the 2nd last day leaving one day plus a half day we wont have access to any parks. We did discuss briefly not going to any parks on our 1st Day but we quickly squashed that, no chance we could not go to Universal!

OK I'm officially obsessed i'm reading and researching about Orlando 24/7 and still not making plans :). Don't think i've ever been so excited about a holiday

Only other update is we have realised that our 14 day Universal/SeaWorld/Aquatica/WetnWild pass will run out on the 2nd last day leaving one day plus a half day we wont have access to any parks. We did discuss briefly not going to any parks on our 1st Day but we quickly squashed that, no chance we could not go to Universal!

We have four days before we activate our 14 day ticket......although we have been known to just bite the bullet and pay to enter before then......it's only money right :D

Glad you're getting excited......we too think about it all the time but never plan anything so far out.......we always seem to be looking at menus all over Orlando and try and pick a couple of different places every year as well as old favourites like Longhorn and such........

It's getting closer :)

On the days that you don't have days ticket days remaining for the major theme parks, what about checking out an offsite attraction or two? The Orlando Eye just opened in May on International Drive and its awesome!! Two other attractions, also owned by Merlin, are in the same complex: The Sea Life Aquarium and Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum. Combo tickets (admission to all 3 attractions) are only $39 pp if purchased in advance from their website. It's a great deal!! https://www.officialorlandoeye.com/

Also in the same complex as the Eye is Skeletons: Animals Unveiled. Its a very cool museum featuring just about every skeleton you can think of (sounds gross, but trust me......its very, very well done and amazingly interesting). Discounted admission is being offered on Groupon for $24 for two people, or $42 for 4 people. I don't think the mods will allow me to post a Groupon link (they consider those referrals) but if you google "Groupon Orlando Skeletons" the offer comes right up.

Some other things you might want to consider for your "free" days......

- mini golf (there are two awesome courses right at CityWalk, and Congo River is also close by.....you can feed the alligators at the latter, which is super fun!)

- Gatorland (very "old Florida"!)

- an airboat ride (Wild Willy's or Wild Florida would be our recommendations)

- jet skiing on one of the gorgeous nearby lakes (we highly recommend Makaio Watersports.....they provide everything you need, you just meet them at the dock and you're ready to go)

- Showcase of Citrus (a monster truck ride through a real, working orange grove....they have the most delicious orange slushies at their store to enjoy after your ride.....check Groupon or Livingsocial for 1/2 price tickets)

- a beach day (Daytona and Cocoa are both only an hour away)

The Universal resort hotels have such a good location. We used Attraction Tickets too for Universal tickets. Great getting real tickets rather than vouchers. Like you I am a first timer to writing a trip report. I'm currently on Day 2 - got a bit to go yet. What time is your flight due to arrive in on your first day?

We have four days before we activate our 14 day ticket......although we have been known to just bite the bullet and pay to enter before then......it's only money right :D

Glad you're getting excited......we too think about it all the time but never plan anything so far out.......we always seem to be looking at menus all over Orlando and try and pick a couple of different places every year as well as old favourites like Longhorn and such........

It's getting closer :)

We even said maybe go to one of the Disney parks just for the day haha. Cannot wait to try all the restaurants!

On the days that you don't have days ticket days remaining for the major theme parks, what about checking out an offsite attraction or two? The Orlando Eye just opened in May on International Drive and its awesome!! Two other attractions, also owned by Merlin, are in the same complex: The Sea Life Aquarium and Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum. Combo tickets (admission to all 3 attractions) are only $39 pp if purchased in advance from their website. It's a great deal!! https://www.officialorlandoeye.com/

Also in the same complex as the Eye is Skeletons: Animals Unveiled. Its a very cool museum featuring just about every skeleton you can think of (sounds gross, but trust me......its very, very well done and amazingly interesting). Discounted admission is being offered on Groupon for $24 for two people, or $42 for 4 people. I don't think the mods will allow me to post a Groupon link (they consider those referrals) but if you google "Groupon Orlando Skeletons" the offer comes right up.

Some other things you might want to consider for your "free" days......

- mini golf (there are two awesome courses right at CityWalk, and Congo River is also close by.....you can feed the alligators at the latter, which is super fun!)

- Gatorland (very "old Florida"!)

- an airboat ride (Wild Willy's or Wild Florida would be our recommendations)

- jet skiing on one of the gorgeous nearby lakes (we highly recommend Makaio Watersports.....they provide everything you need, you just meet them at the dock and you're ready to go)

- Showcase of Citrus (a monster truck ride through a real, working orange grove....they have the most delicious orange slushies at their store to enjoy after your ride.....check Groupon or Livingsocial for 1/2 price tickets)

- a beach day (Daytona and Cocoa are both only an hour away)

Wow Gina thanks, there is plenty to do. We even thought of spending the day around citywalk or our Pool and having a final chill day :)

The Universal resort hotels have such a good location. We used Attraction Tickets too for Universal tickets. Great getting real tickets rather than vouchers. Like you I am a first timer to writing a trip report. I'm currently on Day 2 - got a bit to go yet. What time is your flight due to arrive in on your first day?

Ahh another 1st timer, Im thinking of taking notes each day then writing my full report once im back to re-live the dream. Our flight gets in about 1530 so arrival at RPR sometime after 5ish

Ahh another 1st timer, Im thinking of taking notes each day then writing my full report once im back to re-live the dream. Our flight gets in about 1530 so arrival at RPR sometime after 5ish

First time writing a trip report anyway. My notes are not as full as I planned them to be but between those, the photos and receipts I plan to piece it all back together. We stayed at RPR on our first trip in 2008. Have a plan B ready in case it doesn't work out with times at the airport - see my trip report for details. In that case you could save the extra park day. It would be worth considering dining at RPR on your first night.

This time in 4 weeks is Travel Day, probably my favourite day as I'm a huge fan of flying, love airports, love planes, love the whole experience! Hooray!!

This time in 4 weeks is Travel Day, probably my favourite day as I'm a huge fan of flying, love airports, love planes, love the whole experience! Hooray!!

Excellent!!!!!

We`re a week behind you......I love everything about the travel too.....even a 9 hour flight passes quickly........will be here before you know it........:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter