Sept. or Nov?

Pixiedust34

<font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti
We are thinking about doing a trip with me, our kids (10 and 8 next fall) and my parents sometime next fall.

When is the better time to go:

Around the 2nd or 3rd week of Sept? We'd try to avoid Night of Joy.

Or

Right after Halloween? The beginning of Nov., sometime after Halloween and well before the Thanksgiving gang shows up.

Our biggest concern is avoiding crowds. When would have the least crowds?

I'm leaning toward Sept., in the wild hope that another free food plan will be offered. :earsboy:

Thanks!!!

Growing up, we always used to go the week after Labor Day. It was great...no lines at all! The parks were always very quiet. Now, working in the schools, it really isn't an option ..... unfortunately! ;)

We had our most pleasant trip in November, the week after Jersey week and Veterans Day. No crowds at all. Not too hot. Really nice.

You really can't go wrong either time. We were at MGM the third weekend in September and we walked on everything. I think November is similar. The only difference I can think of is that it's still pretty hot down here! DH and I were melting this past Saturday at Epcot. It should be cooler in November, however if you want to enjoy the pool or the water parks, September would be better.

I just came back from a Sept 3-6 trip, and I am planning on going again that week next year. Of course I am biased because my birthday is Sept 5, but it is a great time to go. No waits at all. After labor day the place clears out.

Never gone in November but I love September. Still has a summer feel. We go right after Labor Day. No crowds at all, even this year with the free dining. Night of Joy only affects the MK and just for 2 nights (weekend). I tried early June once but never again. I don't have kids so September works for me.

I think September. It was really quiet this year. I prefer the warmer weather of September also. I was there a couple of times in November and in can be really cold.

We go September almost every year and have been in November, but usually the week AFTER T-Day. As earlier posts say, September is better b/c it is warmer which is good for pools and water rides...and you only have to pack one climate worth of clothes. BUT you have hurricanes to possibly contend with. We were born and raised on the Hurricane Alley of the Gulf Coast, and I still get nervous planning a vacation in September for fear we'll get caught in "the big one", or have to rush home and board up our own house. Although I would imagine you could walk right on ALL the rides the day after a storm blows through!

We are trying Oct. 29 - Nov. 5 this year. I worked very hard to plan the ideal time for us. I deliberately picked a time AFTER the Halloween festivities and avoided Jersey Week. The Food and Wine festival will be going on but that's it. Our kids are out of school 2 of those days so that helped tip the scale. Like you, we wanted to avoid crowds if possible, but we wanted it to be warm enough to swim so ruled out the first week of December (our second choice). Last year we were there the end of September right after the hurricanes. We had to deal with some lines, but it wasn't bad. It was still pretty hot. We've tried early June, late July and early August. They were all awful - horrible crowds and heat.

The last two times we went in late October, and it's been wonderful, although last time it was noticably more crowded than the time before though for some reason. I guess it's really just luck.

I read in one of my many guidebooks that statistically the week after Labor day is the slowest of the year at WDW. Hence why I think the free dining plan was offered around then and now has been dropped since attendance has picked back up. Other than the heat, it was wonderful. It was my first ever trip so I didn't know what to expect, but my DH was amazed that we could get off Rock N' Roller coaster only to get right back on. He was so pleased, he thinks it is worth taking our oldest out of school for a week next year to go at the same time.

:earsboy: :earsgirl: princess: princess: princess:

September '05 POR for our 10th anniversary
fall '06 thinking the WL!

Pixiedust34 said:
We are thinking about doing a trip with me, our kids (10 and 8 next fall) and my parents sometime next fall.

When is the better time to go:

Around the 2nd or 3rd week of Sept? We'd try to avoid Night of Joy.

Or

Right after Halloween? The beginning of Nov., sometime after Halloween and well before the Thanksgiving gang shows up.

Our biggest concern is avoiding crowds. When would have the least crowds?

I'm leaning toward Sept., in the wild hope that another free food plan will be offered. :earsboy:

Thanks!!!

I've been in both and the crowds to me were about the same. The only difference (to me) is the heat. Its more tolerable In November than September. It was really hot when we were there last week!

Hi,

Never been in Nov ... maybe I will be this year ... fingers crossed. But we were there last week and DW and I agreed that it was still too hot for our liking. We have been in Jan. and it was wonderful. I vote for Nov. and to stay away from a time like Thanksgiving ... the crowds should be relatively the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter