• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept / Oct 2011

demotivational-posters-meanwhile6.jpg

Not crazy at all, just sentimental :woohoo:

Will be interesting if the Sept/Oct 2012 thread has the same dedicated following this time next year :rotfl2:

My turn now. This time last year we were about to spend our first night at Port Orleans Riverside as we had not long ago arrived at WDW after a marathon journey from Wellington. Who knew that we would go on to sleep for 16 hours, waking up at 2pm the next afternoon! :rotfl2: Ahhh, the memories.....:lovestruc

How is this thread still going?? :confused:

You people are crazy... :rolleyes2

Dedicated. Truly dedicated.

In the meantime, I'm freaking out that I'm going to find Disney ridiculously crowded in December and hate it, compared to September. (Well not "hate" it but YKWIM...). Have to make the big call - do we do December, or do we shift dates??? Decisions decisions. Might sign up to touring plans.com so I can research it to DEATH (as you do).

Dedicated. Truly dedicated.

In the meantime, I'm freaking out that I'm going to find Disney ridiculously crowded in December and hate it, compared to September. (Well not "hate" it but YKWIM...). Have to make the big call - do we do December, or do we shift dates??? Decisions decisions. Might sign up to touring plans.com so I can research it to DEATH (as you do).

Franrose I'm going to be waiting to hear what you learn and what you decide because, if we can ever get back (since I'd only pay the $$$ airfares, that we cannot avoid paying to get there, to go back if I could be away for more than the two week school holidays), it will have to be either December or January. Neither excite me because I love, love, loved going in early October but thems the breaks when you have high school aged children. So please keep be posted :thumbsup2

It's taking days for me to get my head around it lol, we were so spoiled (in terms of crowds) last visit!! And yet, the visit before that was in the middle of the summer holidays (end of June) and we didn't complain. I think the way I will get my head around it, is by reminding myself that I really do want to see the Christmas stuff (that is why I picked Christmas in the first place). At least once in a lifetime, kwim. Sure, we could do it in November but that would mean pulling the kids out of school for a much longer time. While I don't personally think that's a problem, if we pull them out for a week or so vs a month, the school is less likely to get their undies in a twist over that (if they were to get their undies in a twist at all, I don't really know how they feel about term-time travel, I've just always done it lol. Just not for that length of time).

Additionally, travelling at that time means travelling with our friends, while choosing November (or Sept/Oct) means we go our separate ways and don't have a holiday together. It's nice to have someone to share this sort of stuff with (even though I don't imagine we'll be totally travelling in each other's pockets - even DH and I split up at times on our last trip, to do what we each more enjoyed). In my dreams, I was hoping that two families together *might* get a teeny tiny discount of some sort (really, eight people - I know I'm kidding myself ;) ). One downside, I'm guessing, will be a much reduced likelihood of great deals like free dining.

Experiencing Thanksgiving might be fun though. I'd prefer not to do that at an actual park, but it might be reason to visit somewhere else maybe. Could (for eg) fly into to SF or somewhere and travel down.

Still nothing's set in concrete and I haven't approached Michelle yet (won't until I get a better idea of exactly what we'll do) but I've joined touringplans.com to get a real good feel of the crowds. I used their free info last trip, it's all still printed out in my trip planning/itinerary folder lol so I'll have a look at what parks we went to, and what the crowd levels *actually* were. That will at least give me something to gauge by.

And in the meantime I will console myself by reminding myself nothing is over until the fat lady sings, kwim. This doesn't have to be our last trip to Disney EVER (even if it's years till we go again), so whatever it brings is an experience in and of itself. This one will be our Christmas Disney experience.

we hung out when my life was far less complicated and my bank account was a tad healthier....ahhhhh good times......

so, what you been up to???

Dear AussieKaren,

Yes - there is a life post a vacay that has been and gone since Sep/Oct 2011. And yes - a year is a long time.

But...do not cry or mourn for me. Let me go so I may rest in peace. I will rest knowing that you really enjoyed your vacay and have the memories of good times to hold me dear. Let me live on in the caverns of your mind.

I may be long gone in the Sept/Oct 2011 of holidays past but There. is. another. Go seek out and stay on the Sept/Oct 2013 thread of holidays in the future.

Your friend,

Sept/Oct 2011 thread

How funny to see our dear thread at the top again! I was actually planning to bring it back up on Wednesday since it’s the last day of October and hence the one year anniversary since we said goodbye to our special thread. I know those who weren’t involved think we are crazy but those that were involved will get it I know. :grouphug:

How funny to see our dear thread at the top again! I was actually planning to bring it back up on Wednesday since its the last day of October and hence the one year anniversary since we said goodbye to our special thread. I know those who werent involved think we are crazy but those that were involved will get it I know. :grouphug:

I wasn't involved and I don't think you're crazy at all.

But it has been a year. And there's a nice brand spanking new future trip to look forward to. ;)

Besides - I get to have a bit of fun at Karen's expense. Not often I get to do that. :lmao:

I wasn't involved and I don't think you're crazy at all.

But it has been a year. And there's a nice brand spanking new future trip to look forward to. ;)

Besides - I get to have a bit of fun at Karen's expense. Not often I get to do that. :lmao:

I know I have my Hawaii trip in a couple of months but, and I feel so ungrateful saying this, I'd give it up in a flash if I could do our Sep/Oct WDW etc trip again ::yes::

I am with you on that travel mum. I was just dusting before and picked up my photo book that sits on a side table and sat down and looked through it again, it almost brought a tear to my eye.

Not only do I have the memories of the places we went, it is the memory of a time in our lives that even one year on has changed. The kids are just that bit older, and have moved on, although I am sure they would love to do it again in a heartbeat.

Ahhhhh..see, I have made you all reminisce.....good times....and I guess we all remember our first love..the way they made us feel...and sept/oct 2011 is that for me...but I guess it's goodbye old friend...until we meet again....

So I'm now off to cheat on you with sept/oct 2013........

Dear Sept/Oct 2011,

There may be others, but they shall never replace the love I had for you! You opened my heart to all things Disney in a way I would never have thought possible. It's true you took lots of my money with you when we were through, but I forgive you. Thanks for the hat.

Yours faithfully,

Me.

Dear Sept/Oct 2011,

There may be others, but they shall never replace the love I had for you! You opened my heart to all things Disney in a way I would never have thought possible. It's true you took lots of my money with you when we were through, but I forgive you. Thanks for the hat.

Yours faithfully,

Me.

Love it! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter