Sept 30-Oct 3rd I Wonder.....Do you? Group Trip Report!

Is this service or what?!
DSC07817.jpg

Stalking again

Ahh! Jen you got a picture of Priya and Victoria together, I don't have a single one...go figure.

Jen, Priya just say this pix and said...hey mommy thats me and Victoria or as she says Tictoria (she wont say the V for some reason) then she said hey where is Dillon? THAT DREAM OF A GUY DILLON!

Yes I am stalking.... but one of those out in the open stalkers:crazy2::crazy2:

I was on Jen's 1st cruise (that makes me special to Jen :love: Breezin to the Bahamas) Actually I was booked on the 3 day as well but decided while on board to cancel and do WDW with DD3, after the rough waters. Anyway here I am stalking you all.:sail:

I will say you all sound like a wild and crazy bunch of folks:eek::eek:

Oh not only am I a stalker I am also an ease dropper (reader):listen:...:laughing:

I wanted to chime in here and say, I am glad someone mentioned they felt "land sick once off the ship. I thought it was only me feeling that way walking around Downtown Disney and WDW as well as the hotel. I did not want to seem like a "crazy" and ask someone around me if they felt like the ground was moving or did they feel that. The motion feeling left probably after 3 or 4 days. It was not major but I would feel it if I bent over and stood up or leaning to the table to eat. (odd feeling). '

Funny thing is in all my reading for this trip, I never once read anyone having "morning after cruise motion sickness/feelings":ccat: or was this only unique to us....hmmm I am starting to see a common thread it's JEN :rotfl:

Anyway, I will keep stalking and hanging out with you all and keeping my ey on Jen... (I see she has only posted pictures on this thread here, the funny thing is the pictures she posted are from Breezin to the Bahamas trip...So much love Jen-:hug:

Ta Ta for Now

In my Roz from Monsters Inc. voice
I'm watching you all, always watching:rolleyes2

Stalk all you want sweetie! A friend of mine that cruises a lot said that she has only felt the "land sickness" after she had rough seas. I have heard that everyone has it but reacts to it like sea sickness. Some get it and some dont. You're not crazy! Well, not crazy for THIS thing anyway! hahahaha

I hope you guys had fun at WDW! Priya is such a doll. I miss her! :sad1:

Well, I am trying to get through my pictures but I can never get to the second set which is at home. :headache:

but that is my favorite picture! :D They were just so sweet to the girls :love:

:hug:

P.Leilani welcome... I won't hold it against you that you weren't on our cruise. May I ask, did insurance cover you cancelling?? Hopefully you had a wonderful time at WDW. ;)

OK FINALLY got more pictures.

OK this is the REAL Victoria :lmao:
DSC07780.jpg

I found this one. I just love it. This is the first day but you can see the waves kicking up.

DSC07786.jpg

I love this one too.
DSC07790.jpg

OK day two. Dont be scared because it is taking me so long to post my days. It will go fast I promise. We really didnt do much. With working full time and having a business part time, it was a rare treat to be able to sit in my cabin, looking out my verandah and watching movies that we didnt get to see in the theaters, but hasnt been released to DVD.

Anyway! Day two took us to Nassau. We had no plans to visit, but it was really pretty!
DSC07802.jpg

Had breakfast. mmmMMmm Mickey waffles (except they werent that yummy. Maybe they are just fit for bunnys? :confused3) The banana bread was great!
DSC07804.jpg

The sea gulls cracked me up. If you left any food out on the outside tables, they though it was fair game. All that poor guy did all morning was try to make sure food was guarded, or thrown away if someone left their trays behind (which kinda urked me because there were trash cans. Clean up after yourself!).
DSC07805.jpg

The carnival ship pulled in beside us. I think he was stalking us the whole trip.
DSC07807.jpg

People were cleaning all the time!
DSC07809.jpg

Here was our view from the verandah. I am telling you, this side of the ship was awesome. I am not sure what they call it but if you are looking at the front of the ship from land, it is the right side. We saw Atlantis (that is Atlantis right?), fireworks off the ship, Castaway Cay, everything!
DSC07811.jpg

We also caught Mickey in the elevator. He couldnt run from us! :rotfl2:
DSC07810.jpg

We had dinner at Animator's Pallet that night which I inserted the photos from that. It was really a treat to go there. Great show but the villans part were kinda loud and scary! Not something I would want my younger child to have to sit through.

We tried to get the moon behind the clouds but my camera had no clue what that was about. But I did get this picture.
DSC07825.jpg

The next day was Castaway Cay day...well was SUPPOSE to be anyway.

Morning sunrise
DSC07831-1.jpg

Some pictures of Castaway Cay from the front of the ship. Everyone was asleep and I went to get coffee and some pastries and happen to see the beginnings of Castaway Cay so I decided to get some pictures. It is really a pretty island.
DSC07836.jpg

But the winds were too much to back in.
DSC07846.jpg

So the switched the days to the at sea day. It threw Palos for a loop. The server for brunch said she was a bit off that morning because last night the crew decided to have a get together with wine and cheese. She said they had more wine than cheese! :lmao: But it was really good.

I love the napkins.
DSC07850.jpg

Seafood table (I kinda steered away from that)
DSC07851.jpg

Dessert table (my fav!)
DSC07852.jpg

See?
DSC07853.jpg

DSC07854.jpg

Veggies and cold cuts
DSC07856.jpg

Beautiful view (hey Magic2Go!)
DSC07858.jpg

Our door decorations thanks to the Disigners (thanks Jordak!!!)
DSC07865.jpg

You could see the Tropical Storm come in. I knew then we wouldnt be going to Castaway Cay the next day.
DSC07868.jpg

Well, it was pirate night and Victoria and Dillon was starting to hang out more. Here they were all dressed up.
DSC07878.jpg

And of course the sword fight :rotfl:
DSC07880.jpg

Funny story about this guy. We go down to Tritons for dinner that night. We see this guy and he is so dressed up we thought he was a character that was helping out on the pirate night because they were EVERWHERE! So I say "hey guys! Go get a picture with that pirate!" The kids were sorta reluctant but I did get a pic.
DSC07883.jpg

Then his wife and kids showed up to go to dinner. His wife was like "hunny, what did you do!" :laughing: She wasnt dressed up or anything so we werent real sure on that story but we apologized and left. I thought it was a great picture!

And the storm rolled in. Needless to say, dinner was a big rocking. But the ship outran the storms!
DSC07885.jpg

Here was a real crew member that was dressed.
DSC07891.jpg

The storm didnt mess with the pirate party. We decided to watch the fireworks from our verandah since we were on the correct side to see them. Of course, they shoot them out to sea so it wont hurt anyone. I really didnt want to be around the mob that was upstairs but we heard the music and got to see the fireworks so I thought it was a great seat!
DSC07896.jpg

Next day, Victoria's birthday!!!

Wow, awesome pictures Jen! Way 2 go!
I'd post some, but it would be, "Here is Peanut with Mickey. Here is Peanut with Minnie. Here is Peanut at dinner. Here is Peanut on Castaway Cay. blah blah"
So I'll sit back and enjoy yours! :-)

I'd post some, but it would be, "Here is Peanut with Mickey. Here is Peanut with Minnie. Here is Peanut at dinner. Here is Peanut on Castaway Cay. blah blah"

Aww Peanut is adorable! I would love to see peanut with Mickey, Minnie, at dinner and Castaway Cay! :D

I would love pics like that... mine are here's the back of hubby's head and here's the back of Emma's head, oh and here's the castle in the background. :lmao:

OK here is Victoria's birthday day.

I woke up early to very rocky seas.
DSC07908.jpg

So I went to get Victoria food for breakfast in bed. That was the only thing she asked for on her birthday. I thought that room service just served cold things so I found beach blanket buffet open with nice lovely food.
DSC07913.jpg

She loved sleeping in her bunk bed.
DSC07915.jpg

I was surprised at how often we saw another cruise ship but it was really neat to see how close we were to them.
DSC07919.jpg

She put on her birthday outfit with attitude.
DSC07920.jpg

But Grammy made her take off the decoration just for nice pictures off the verandah. VERY windy
DSC07927.jpg

DSC07929.jpg

We had made reservations for her to have a birthday tea. We made her an Alice in Wonderland Tea Tablecloth and gave it to guest services the night before and I talked to the Parrot Cay manager a couple of days before to get it together. When we got there, I told them that we had a 1:00 reservation and they said "we dont take reservations ma'am" I said "well I dropped off a table cloth and talked to your manager and he said it was fine." So they go and talk to someone and come back and say "this way". We go to a table that had no pink tablecloth. I said "no. I called about this a couple of days ago. I gave you a pink tablecloth that was suppose to be on this table!" They go off again and come back and they show me to another table. This time, it had the tablecloth on it and I was a little better. She was partying with her peeps Dillon and Priya and was just so happy.
DSC07933.jpg

She opened her gifts. Charms for her bracelet from Dillon which was a very observant gift because he was with us when we bought her charm bracelet just the day before.
DSC07931.jpg

Victoria LOVED it.
DSC07935.jpg

Then our server Richardo came by to say Happy Birthday! He was such a great guy.
DSC07938.jpg

You could really see the waves being on deck 3. Much bigger than on deck 7. I should have took pictures but I wasnt thinking fast enough. Mom got a terrible headache and we figured it was from the barometric pressure change. She couldnt even go down for dinner where they had a birthday dinner for Victoria. I didnt get pictures either. What a horrible daughter I am! :( I am pretty sure I got a video of it so when I get around to messing with that camera, I will post a video.

The next day we were to disembark and see if we could get an upgrade. We got off around 9 and found out there was another guy that asked for an upgrade before us. He was there since 7 am. REALLY?? He got the coveted 8602 room. The handicap one bedroom that goes on forever. I was offered 8600 but figured it wasnt worth it since the balcony was a solid wall and it would have been a very obstructed view. So we went back to our original room. I wish we hadn't packed now! lol Victoria found a friend.
DSC07949.jpg

But we didnt see her again on the cruise :(

Mom got some great views of the sunset that day.
DSC07956.jpg

And some great of Carnival. The colors were so pretty.
DSC07952.jpg

I'm missing some pictures. I gotta go find them.

Great pictures Jen. You will have to email me some of them.

That Dillon, what a gentleman- Kathie is teaching him early ...jewelry is always a perfect gift.

I am glad we got to share in Victoria special day with her. Priya loved nibbling off of Dillon desert this time. And though your mom was a little bummed out about not seeing Alice on the table cloth, but I thought it was pretty and we all saw her hard work. (Just tell her she may be getting an order for a table cloth for Priya's birthday in Dec.... you can only guess what the them will be, so she can start those creative wheels a-turning)

Breakfast in bed, how cool was that, and what makes it better, NO COOKING OR CLEANING AFTER.

Great pictures Jen. You will have to email me some of them.

That Dillon, what a gentleman- Kathie is teaching him early ...jewelry is always a perfect gift.

I am glad we got to share in Victoria special day with her. Priya loved nibbling off of Dillon desert this time. And though your mom was a little bummed out about not seeing Alice on the table cloth, but I thought it was pretty and we all saw her hard work. (Just tell her she may be getting an order for a table cloth for Priya's birthday in Dec.... you can only guess what the them will be, so she can start those creative wheels a-turning)

Breakfast in bed, how cool was that, and what makes it better, NO COOKING OR CLEANING AFTER.
Well they are all available here http://s381.photobucket.com/albums/oo256/JenETRT/Victorias Cruise Pictures/?start=all so take your pick!

Yes Kathy has raised that child right! Out of the 5 he gave her, she only had one, and that was the DCL logo which would look great twice!

Mom was just not feeling right that day. I was very upset because I had this image of it being on a square table and the characters all hanging off, but of course that was a little naive with a table for 8. I felt bad for Webmeister. He and his wife brought Peanut for the party but there wasnt any room. I was trying to convince them to stay and we can squeeze in but he didnt. She is such a cutie!!!

Yup. See a cruise for a birthday is really a wise decision. You can spoil them and not have to pick up after! YAY!!
glee-1.gif

OK this part is very murky and I cant remember what happened. I know I met Hawky and her hubby right after she boarded. I am pretty sure we ate at Parrot Cay but that part is fuzzy. I think she said she wanted to get to her room to see if her bags had shown up. Mom promised Victoria she could swim so Victoria didnt go to the meet with me. I remember the meet. That was a blast. The first cruise's meet was great but there were just so many people there and I wanted to talk to them all, but I wasnt able to. This meet was great because it was small enough that you could talk to everyone and we all were in on the conversation and laughing and cutting up.
gathering.gif
Stargazer has a great pic of some of us I am going to have to steel.

Then we broke off for the drill and that was actually better the second time. It seemed shorter and it wasnt as hot.

Hawky convinced Victoria and I to go to the cruise away party. I didnt go to the first cruise's party because I knew there would be TOOO many people there and I HATE crowds. But we went and we were up front. tinkerbell87512 (Cheryl) was there with us and Hawky's hubby stood away from us so he wouldn't be mistaken that he was with us. :rotfl2: We had a blast. Hawky has a great picture of us that I need to steel as well.

I think I went back to my room because Rebekah and Art were going to Palos at 6:30 so I rested and then went to dinner at Animator's Pallet. I wasnt feeling well because I was starting to get a cold. Everyone else was too because they decided to stay in the room. Everyone at dinner accused me of not really having a daughter :lmao: BOY WERE THEY WRONG! hahahah My wonderful awesome server Richardo suggested some hot eat with lemon and honey. oohhhh man that was good!! Went to my room and crashed. I think everyone else was asleep when I got there. Yes, we are a boring crowd. :teeth:

The next day was Nassau day and Mom and I actually got off the boat! Victoria wasnt feeling well so she decided to stay in the room and watch the Karate Kid....for the 100th time! I think I know that movie by heart :headache: Anyway, all Mom and I did was walk around and take pictures of the ships and got back on.

It was a very pretty island.
DSC07972-1.jpg

DSC07977-1.jpg

I love the little lighthouse.
DSC07978-1.jpg

There's the pretty girl
DSC07981-1.jpg

This is the Norwegian epic. It may be big, but I think that is about the ugliest ship I have seen.
DSC07990-1.jpg

The day before, we noticed that we passed the Carnival ship. It was wild to look out and there she was in front of us. She left before we did. Then she was behind us. We wondered why we were going faster than them. I think we know why. We got to Nassau at least an hour before them, and then the Epic was backing in when we took these pictures. It gave the people on our cruise at least 2 hours of shopping before it got busy. :goodvibes Of course, this didnt affect me, but I thought that was pretty cool!

There is our room!! (I think) I am glad they are inspecting the life boats! :teeth:
DSC07995.jpg

Such a pretty ship
DSC07998.jpg

As you can see, Disney has MANY more verandahs than Carnival.
DSC08009.jpg

"Do I have enough money to call someone from Nassau?"
DSC08011.jpg

Victoria stayed and had Mickey bars!!
DSC08015.jpg

Then we had pirate night at Parrot cay

Hawky and her hubby (they're so cute!!)
DSC08022.jpg

Disneyelf and her hubby
DSC08023.jpg

Lorelei528 and her hubby
DSC08026.jpg

Tinkerbell (sorry you are so fuzzy! My camera stinks and it looked good when I took it!)
DSC08027.jpg

But this was my most favorite picture of all. Hawky and my daughter :love:
DSC08030.jpg

I guess we went to bed after that. The next pictures were the sunrise on our THIRD attempt at Castaway cay! Wow. God sure is great!
DSC08042.jpg

This is closer than the other two attempts!!
DSC08045.jpg

YES!!!!!
DSC08047.jpg

WE MADE IT!!
DSC08052.jpg

We ate at Parrot Cay. Mickey waffles again (mom ordered this. I got some kind of french toast with grilled fruit. NOT very appealing).
DSC08053.jpg

Guess who we tracked down!! No wonder the man needed a vacation after our cruise.
DSC08054.jpg

Well, we are getting ready for Castaway Cay when Victoria fell sick again. So we hung out in the room until around noon. She was feeling better and was determined to see Castaway Cay. So we decided that we would get off but only for a little while. We wondered around for maybe 30 minutes to an hour. We got some really great pictures!
DSC08056.jpg

DSC08057.jpg

I love this shot of the ship AND my little cutie :cutie:
DSC08060.jpg

DSC08066.jpg

DSC08064.jpg

Reminds me of the picture that Jordak uses with the puzzle! lol
DSC08070.jpg

Little ham
DSC08073.jpg

DSC08074.jpg

I wanted to see Sorcerer's Apprentice and trying desperately to convince Hawky to see it with me but NNOOOOOOo she wanted to see Dreams something that the ship was doing. She had seen it before! She hadn't seen the movie before and it would be SO MUCH COOLER to see it on the boat! :snooty: So I was going to see the movie. Then Webmeister called to let us see his wonderful cabin. 60something. It is the handicap one and he described it as perfect for a dis gathering. It could fit 50 people in there. HE WASN'T KIDDING!! We took some pictures but I cant find them now. :mad: But we got to talking so much that we missed the movie and I think he was late for dinner! :eek: Sorry dude! But that was so cool! Thanks!!

Well I am missing more pictures. I will post them when I find them.

This is at 4 am. Isnt the port beautiful??
DSC08078.jpg

DSC08080.jpg

Here is our hostess Wana. She was a doll! She even gave Victoria a stuffed animal for her birthday. We were telling her that we might upgrade in between cruises and she said "I hope you dont because I want you to stay here!" so we did!
DSC08081.jpg

Our last picture of Richardo and Victoria. He is going to the Dream. I hope we see him again but not sure if I am ready to fight the crowds on the Dream.
DSC08083.jpg

Hawky gets off the ship before us and is taking the Radisson van back to get their rental car. She walked up, the van was there, they walked on and it was full so they left. Thats fine. We were originally going to stay at Radisson in Port Canaveral. This was before we waited a solid hour for them to pick us up at the port and watching two of their vans go to the other cruise lines and pass us up. I was FURIOUS!! I was texting Hawky and she heard me complain for a solid hour LOL Lucky gal. So we FINALLY get back to the hotel after us calling twice and the other family calling them twice. Hawky was so kind to wait for us at Radisson. Poor Art was getting sick and waited in the car. I walked in and told them I was canceling and told them why. After finally getting everyone to refund my money (I went through hotels.com to book it and once Radisson canceled their part, hotels.com had to refund our money), we decided to go to Port Orleans with Hawky and hubby. YAY!!
DSC08084.jpg

After being on property, I wanted to stay longer :( We were going to do the Mickey's not so scary halloween party with Hawky and hubby, because we ALL know that would be a blast, but Victoria got sick again, and we just chilled in the room.

We saw their costumes.
DSC08089.jpg

Victoria was disappointed not to be able to go but when we went to the food court to get her some grilled chicken, a lady with two children walked by with beads. Victoria commented on how pretty they were and the lady said "do you want mine? They just gave them to us" WOW! What a nice lady! It really perked up my poor little sick Victoria.

We got back to the room and went to bed. The next day after a bunch of mishaps from the rental car company to the resort, we were so happy to be on that plane going back to Nashville.

Now to find another date to cruise! :teeth:

I have no idea why those pictures are coming through as sideways. I have saved them every way I know how on photobucket to come out right :mad:

I just booked my first Disney Cruise yesterday and I decided to check out the cruise trip report boards, and I'm so glad I did. This is a wonderful report and it sure seems like you had a great group on your sailing!

I do have a question for you. I saw the picture of all the yummy seafood at a buffet and wondered where that was. It looked delicious and I love seafood. I want to make sure I don't miss that on my cruise!

Thanks!

Terri

I just booked my first Disney Cruise yesterday and I decided to check out the cruise trip report boards, and I'm so glad I did. This is a wonderful report and it sure seems like you had a great group on your sailing!

I do have a question for you. I saw the picture of all the yummy seafood at a buffet and wondered where that was. It looked delicious and I love seafood. I want to make sure I don't miss that on my cruise!

Thanks!

Terri

The seafood that I have pictured is for Palo's Brunch. They offer brunch on "at sea" days which we had on the 4 night cruise but not the 3 night cruise. If you booked a 7 night cruise, you will have several nights to choose from. I am not sure what it was. I am not a big seafood fan so I just kinda went "take a picture and move on" lol They did have some options that you could order of "hot food". I know they had pizza, and they had Chicken Marinara. I ordered that and it was soooooo good! It was on a bed of some pasta that I can not think of what it is called. It was very small and round. Someone thought it was couscous but it was bigger than couscous. Whatever it was, it was DELISH!! I would highly recommend brunch if you have the option for it. High Tea, I wasnt that impressed with.

The seafood that I have pictured is for Palo's Brunch. They offer brunch on "at sea" days which we had on the 4 night cruise but not the 3 night cruise. If you booked a 7 night cruise, you will have several nights to choose from. I am not sure what it was. I am not a big seafood fan so I just kinda went "take a picture and move on" lol They did have some options that you could order of "hot food". I know they had pizza, and they had Chicken Marinara. I ordered that and it was soooooo good! It was on a bed of some pasta that I can not think of what it is called. It was very small and round. Someone thought it was couscous but it was bigger than couscous. Whatever it was, it was DELISH!! I would highly recommend brunch if you have the option for it. High Tea, I wasnt that impressed with.

Thanks for the quick answer! I appreciate it.

Terri

Well I'm finally back from our trip & it looks like I need to hurry to catch up! We spent some time in FL & the east coast visiting friends & family for a week & a half after the cruise, hence it's so late. I don't promise to be as entertaining as some but maybe will have a few pointers.

9/29- We flew into MCO Weds night, landed at 7, rented a car (Budget, very cheap with the code from Mousesavers) and drove to WDW & checked into Boardwalk for one night (we are DVC members so we used or points and just got a basic room knowing we were only there one night). We quickly checked in (about 8:15) walked around the resort a bit, rented a couple movies (free to DVC members at the Community Center) and went to dinner, I had made a ressie at Cat Cora's place. Very good food; I guess no better way to start a trip of good food than with good food. I highly recommend the whole fish - I'd never had one before & it was great- they "took it apart" for me. Red pepper soup and dolmas were also very good. Then we went back to the room & watched our movies (Earth & The second Cronicles of Narnia).

9/30- the big day!!! Walked around the resort some and got into the rental car to head to the port, I think it was about 1 hour drive. Easy drive, pretty much follow the signs and go east. We did have a few toll booths so make sure you have some cash! Headed to the port, stopping at a quicky mart for booze and Jackie's Diet Dr. Pepper (DDP). Didn't like the place & no DDP so we went to an ABC store and bought a big bottle of wine and rum for the ship. Still no DDP. Filled up the car with gas, no DDP there either (see, Jackie was right you can't find it there). Returned car and took shuttle to the ship! It was really easy & close, probably 10 min ride. Checked luggage curbside and headed through security. Basically it's airport security but I didn't get the sense they looked as closely. Now we are heading up the stairs to check in. I'm texting my disfriends to say I'm there...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter