Sept 22 Galveston Magic.. trip report?

May I ask how early you dropped off the luggage? We have to return our rental car and we would like to drop off luggage first! Thank you! :)

I have a couple of questions if someone on the inaugral has time to answer. :goodvibes

1. What was your port arrival time & what time did you actually board? (Assuming non-concierge/Platinum)
2. Is there plenty of seating in the terminal while you wait to board?
3. What were the lines like for check in?
4. Did they have "If I were not upon the sea" any night? I didn't see it on the Navigator?

Thanks for sharing :flower3:

Our Port arrival time was 11:30 - 12:00 noon. We arrived at 12:00 noon and got right on board. Were eating by 12:15 pm. We were lucky that we were able to get right into our staterooms to drop off our carry-ons.

We didn't need to sit in the terminal because we got right on. There was seating and it was not filled when we were there. Most people were milling around, organizing people/luggage, etc.

They did NOT have "if I were not upon the sea"....which was very disappointing to me. If they did, I didn't see it in the Navigator anywhere.

Our Port arrival time was 11:30 - 12:00 noon. We arrived at 12:00 noon and got right on board. Were eating by 12:15 pm. We were lucky that we were able to get right into our staterooms to drop off our carry-ons.

We didn't need to sit in the terminal because we got right on. There was seating and it was not filled when we were there. Most people were milling around, organizing people/luggage, etc.

They did NOT have "if I were not upon the sea"....which was very disappointing to me. If they did, I didn't see it in the Navigator anywhere.

Hopefully we will have similar circumstances and not a lot of waiting, I will have my 84 year old Mum with us, so she will need to sit if we run into delays. :thumbsup2 Too bad about the skit of "if I were not upon the sea" (do we need a new Disboards acronym? :rotfl: IIWNUTS <-:rotfl2:). I've heard that it isn't done on every sailing :sad: maybe it depends on who the crew are?

Thanks again for all the info - yet again Disers come through with all the good stuff. :grouphug:

Do you remeber who the club host and staff were? and the Bingo caller.

We scheduled all of the excursions on our own without using Disney. In Cozumel we went to Chankanaab and also went to tour a very small chocolate factory that we found on Trip Advisor.
When you say very small...does that mean they didn't use automated assembly line machines to make the chocolate?

It will be interesting to see embarkation info from the 9/29 sailing when they return. The Sept 22 sailing came in with an empty ship (no passengers), so it would be assumed staterooms were already completed and ready for new passengers. :goodvibes

It will be interesting to see embarkation info from the 9/29 sailing when they return. The Sept 22 sailing came in with an empty ship (no passengers), so it would be assumed staterooms were already completed and ready for new passengers. :goodvibes

Yes, we were able to go straight to our staterooms when we boarded the 9/22 sailing. Talk about FABULOUS!!!! :cheer2:

Do you remember who the club host and staff were? and the Bingo caller.

Simon was the Asst. Cruise Director/Club Host. I know two of his additional staff were Brittany & Andy b/c we've sailed w/ them before, but as for others, I honestly don't remember their names or where they're from. I never went to Bingo, but walked by Rockin' Bar D once when it was going on and it seemed that Andy was calling that particular game.

HTHs! :thumbsup2

Do you remeber who the club host and staff were? and the Bingo caller.

Club host was Simon, with Frankie as a sidekick. Bingo caller was Lee when we went, but i think Andy was doing the afternoon one. Simon was fun to watch and always full of a ton o energy. There was also a Sheree.

Yes, we were able to go straight to our staterooms when we boarded the 9/22 sailing. Talk about FABULOUS!!!! :cheer2:

Ooh I didn't even think of that. Mine will be the first cruise out of dry dock next year, so maybe we can go straight to our rooms :D

Can anyone tell me what are the character outfits for the different days?

Can anyone tell me of there was pin trading on board the ship?

We saw a lot of pin trading going on between staff and guests and between guests themselves. There were pins for sale in the gift shop and lots of people were buying them. Many people wore the lanyards with pins on them wandering around, including waitstaff and officers.

A hint!! There is was a cast member walking the decks on sea days handing out pins to anyone with a Disney hat on!!! I saw lots of people get them throughout the cruise.

Simon was the Asst. Cruise Director/Club Host. I know two of his additional staff were Brittany & Andy b/c we've sailed w/ them before, but as for others, I honestly don't remember their names or where they're from. I never went to Bingo, but walked by Rockin' Bar D once when it was going on and it seemed that Andy was calling that particular game.

HTHs! :thumbsup2

Club host was Simon, with Frankie as a sidekick. Bingo caller was Lee when we went, but i think Andy was doing the afternoon one. Simon was fun to watch and always full of a ton o energy. There was also a Sheree.

We had Simon on the Dream in June and he was amazing, so I hope he is still there when we go on the Magic in December.

We had Simon on the Dream in June and he was amazing, so I hope he is still there when we go on the Magic in December.

I don't think Simon will be on the Magic in Dec., as Tisa told me when we saw her on our June 2nd Magic sailing that she will be brought back in Nov. just in time for the start of the holiday (starting w/ Thanksgiving) sailings. So unless they decide to keep Simon on the Magic and send Tisa elsewhere, I doubt he'll be there. Which makes me sad, esp. b/c I love the way he hosts Match Your Mate so much more than the way Tisa does. ;) Not that Tisa is bad; Simon just gets down to the nitty-gritty a bit more than Tisa does. ;) ;)

A hint!! There is was a cast member walking the decks on sea days handing out pins to anyone with a Disney hat on!!! I saw lots of people get them throughout the cruise.

Do you mean any kind of Disney hat or only Disney Vacation Club hats?
We've been on cruises when the DVC reps hand out pins to DVC members wearing DVC hats.

Is it better to stay at the Marriott in the airport and take the Disney shuttle or rent a car and stay in Galveston?

I just priced that out and for us it just made sense to stay at the Marriott. Our flight arrives at 6pm so by the time we get luggage and stuff we decided with out 4yo to stay close and shuttle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter