• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

seperate bill confusion- please help

JDSNY10

Mouseketeer
Hi Gang. I am so confused right now and I am trying to read thru posts but I am only getting more confused. I have pretty much determined that my family of 6 is going to stay in two rooms, but other family members are now joining us on the trip which will make some Dining reservations a 9. When we book reservations for restaurants how do we handle the bill? I AM SO CONFUSED!

Even for my two rooms of just my family, I don't understand how it will work. Will this confuse the crap out the of wait staff? I just want to make it as easy as possible for all of us.

Thanks a lot for all your help,
Jay

We have done this often and Disney makes it quite simple in the end.

Are you using the Disney Dining Plan (DDP)?

1. Book your ADR's for the total number of your group that will attend each meal.
2. When your server arrives, indicate how the bills will be split, just as you would at a restaurant at home. This assists them in keeping track of additional items that are not included in the DDP.
3. If you're on the DDP, at the end of your meal the server will bring a portable machine to your table and scan 1 band for each group of people and deduct the corresponding amount of credits. If their are beverages or appetizers to be paid for in addition to the DDP credits, these will be charged at the same time.

Note, if your group is 6 or more people (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), 18% gratuity will automatically be added to your bill.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if I can clarify anything.

Thank you so much... you explained that perfect and now I don't feel like an idiot. I thought my wife was going to kill me...Now I can look like I am Mr. Cool. :) Thank you again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter