Sending Parents to SSR Tomorrow

eporter66

DIS Veteran & DVC Owner at SSR
My parents leave for a week at SSR tomorrow. We are sending them down for their 40th anniversary. I have to admit that I am a little jealous - I wish we were going too!

I hope they love it (I am sure they will).

DVC is great - it allowed us to be able to give them a wonderful present!!!!

Eric

Wow - a whole week at SSR - they're going to LOVE it!

We sent my parents to Vero for their 40th anniversary. For their 45th, we gave them a choice, and they went back to Vero! They really love it there!

I called ahead and purchased some gift certificates from Captain Hiram's and from the Patio Restaurant, then also bought some Disney Dollars. I put them all in a "Happy Anniversry" card and sent it to the front desk a few days in advance of their arrival, with a request that it be given to them when they checked in. Then, we also had some wine and a cheese & fruit platter waiting for them in their room. My Uncles paid for that...

Vero was more than accomodating!

It all worked out great, except that I was expecting them to use the Disney Dollars at either Shutter's or Sonya's, and my Mom ended up spending them on t-shirts, etc. for herself in the gift shop! :) Oh well - my Dad probably appreciated it, too!

Hope your parents have a great time!

Im sure it feels great to be able to send your parents on such a wonderful vacation! Please let us know how they enjoyed it!

eporter66 your parents are going to love it! We just got back from SSR with my parents. We went Oct. 8 - 18th and took my parents as a 60th birthday gift for my Mom. They loved it! I think it was good for them because it is "quieter" than some of the other resorts. They enjoyed being able to take a leisurely walk over to downtown disney every morning. They loved their room, it overlooked downtown Disney. My mother went crazy when she saw the Spa! She insisted that we have "a spa Day", Me my mom and my 12 year old daughter. Mom and I got massages and facials and my daughter got a manicure and pedicure. I hope your parents have as much fun as mine did. Isn't it nice that we are able to give them such a nice vacation as a gift?! Another DVC perk.

Oct. 2004 SSR
Aug. 2003 BWV
Oct. 2002 All Star Sports/BCV
March 2001 All Star Sports

Eporter...I think this is a great gesture on your part.::yes::

We stayed at SSR in August and it was wonderful.:teeth:

In July 2003, I did something similar for my parents for their 50th anniversary. I had a 2-bedroom suite at OKW for my family of 5. I put my parents in an OKW studio. The CM's at OKW were very helpful and made sure my parents were right next door.:wave2:

I figured a lot of people did the same thing. Great to hear all your stories!

Parents called today when they got in (@4:00), and they were very impressed with the resort. They were settling in and were going to walk over to Downtown Disney for dinner.

I will keep you all posted - hoping they check in during the week. So far - so good!!!

Eric

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter