Selling an unused ticket or upgrading?

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by luckyman_apd, Sep 19, 2012.

1. luckyman_apd

luckyman_apd DIS Veteran

Ok, I've read many posts about upgrading a discounted ticket from UT into an annual pass. My dilema is our upcoming trip is for 6 days. Everyone traveling bought 6 day tickets (the 5 day with the extra day free) from UT before the price increase. I only bought the 4 day ticket as I was meeting everyone down there late night on the 2nd day of the trip. So I think it was like $20 or $30 less, but I figured why pay the extra if I don't need them. Well, now I might be able to get a day off from work, and be there for 5 days instead of 4. When I'm down there, can I add a day to my ticket, and if so, do I need to use the ticket first before adding the day? And if not, is there anywhere to sell an unused ticket from UT? I'd hate to just save it for another trip and shell out the money for a 5 day ticket now.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tomandrobin

tomandrobin DIS Veteran

You can sell the unused ticket, but it will be difficult unless its a friend.

You have to use the ticket first, them add the extra day. The cost will be nominal.

4. luckyman_apd

luckyman_apd DIS Veteran

Thank you. I just didn't want to have to shell out for a new 5 day day ticket. I would think selling the 4 day would be hard, as there is no proof to whether it is used or not. I'm sure I can look up the difference between a 4 day and 5 day on the disney site, but I just didn't know if you could, so thank you.

5. BirdsOfPreyDave

BirdsOfPreyDave Disney Lover, DVC Member, SSR Fanatic DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Use the ticket at least once before upgrading, but make sure you upgrade while there is still at least one day left on it. The cost to upgrade from a used 4-day pass to a 5-day pass will be $12.78 ($12 + 6.5% tax). You can do the upgrade at any ticket window, guest relations window, or Disney concierge.

If they want to charge you more than $12 + tax, ask them if they are remembering to bridge the ticket to the current gate price. If they tell you they can no longer do that, you're dealing with a cast member who doesn't have the latest information. Either ask for a supervisor or move to another window and try again.

6. luckyman_apd

luckyman_apd DIS Veteran

Thank you. Funny, I just looked up the difference and you are exactly right....$12.78 for the difference. If I had bought the same 6 day tickets as every one else from UT originally it would have been a little over $13. No big deal, I'm happy to pay it, to get the extra day with my family that I thought I was going to have to work. I will keep you advice in mind if they try to charge me more.