Sell me on AoA Lion King Suite

Atrain13

Mouseketeer
So I'm staying at this resort because we need the space (3 adults and 1 toddler) and it's value. I know next to nothing about it though. Really the only thing I do know is that Lion King is close to the buses and that my daughter should like the decorations that are in the room.

What are some pros and cons of AoA and are there more pros than cons?

AoA - we've stayed there twice. Once in the Lion King Suite and once in a Cars Suite.

Pros: Love having a separate space with a queen bed and TV. Having plenty of space for people to spread out was nice We loved having 2 bathrooms. The pool was great. Both areas were close enough to the main building that we were happy. Love the gift shop.

Cons: DD slept in the pull down near the door and complained of hallway noise early in the morning. The food court was crazy in the mornings but did get better later in the day.
My kids were teens both times we stayed there and they navigated the food court with no issues. They also took advantage of the in room microwave one evening when they wanted some snacks so they made some bagel bites we brought with us.

Buses were busy - we drove to all parks except MK after dealing with the bus to AK one day that was slow to arrive one day. We figured we had a car and an AP that got us free parking so we used it.

AoA - we've stayed there twice. Once in the Lion King Suite and once in a Cars Suite.

Pros: Love having a separate space with a queen bed and TV. Having plenty of space for people to spread out was nice We loved having 2 bathrooms. The pool was great. Both areas were close enough to the main building that we were happy. Love the gift shop.

Cons: DD slept in the pull down near the door and complained of hallway noise early in the morning. The food court was crazy in the mornings but did get better later in the day.
My kids were teens both times we stayed there and they navigated the food court with no issues. They also took advantage of the in room microwave one evening when they wanted some snacks so they made some bagel bites we brought with us.

Buses were busy - we drove to all parks except MK after dealing with the bus to AK one day that was slow to arrive one day. We figured we had a car and an AP that got us free parking so we used it.

Just FYI- you also get free parking just from staying at a Disney resort. :)

We stayed in a Cars suite in March of 2015, and we LOVED it! DH, 2 DSs (10 & 13 at the time) and I thoroughly enjoyed AoA. My hubby and I loved having our own room and own bathroom, and each boy got their own sleeping area. Both boys said their beds were very comfy. We used the kitchenette every morning for breakfast and used it for bedtime snacks as well. It was awesome to not have to share a bathroom with boys :), and we really enjoyed the theming. We never swam in the Big Blue pool, as the boys loved the theming of the quiet Cars pool. We literally had the pool to ourselves most days, and it felt like we were walking right into the Cars movie. The laundry is adjacent to the pool, so my hubby would take the boys swimming while I did a load of laundry.

We all liked the food court...lots of food options, even for my picky eater, and the walk to get coffee at the food court was just a couple minutes. We never felt like we waited long for busses.

We would definitely stay there again...the suite set up was amazing!!

Have a magical trip!!!

Those work for me! Thank you. i was pretty excited that there were 2 bathrooms. That alone seems like it could be worth it!

One of the BEST IMAGINEERED resorts on property. Walk EVERYWHERE and check out all the wonderful icons, landscaping and immerse in the movies. Cars especially you feel like you are in the movie. Make it past the Big Blue pool for an awesome playground. Food court is good and hopefully still serving on real plates with real silverware.

Hakuna Matata!!!

Disney%2012%20Tueday%20Art%20of%20Animation%20117.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc007.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc008.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc009.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc011.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc017.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc018.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc020.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc016.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc015.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc014.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc025.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc026.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc024.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc023.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc022.jpg

One of the BEST IMAGINEERED resorts on property. Walk EVERYWHERE and check out all the wonderful icons, landscaping and immerse in the movies. Cars especially you feel like you are in the movie. Make it past the Big Blue pool for an awesome playground. Food court is good and hopefully still serving on real plates with real silverware.

Hakuna Matata!!!

Disney%2012%20Tueday%20Art%20of%20Animation%20117.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc007.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc008.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc009.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc011.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc017.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc018.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc020.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc016.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc015.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc014.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc025.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc026.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc024.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc023.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc022.jpg

Love the Pics, Hopper!

You will LOVE it!! We just got back from Cars. Everything is pretty close but LM is a teeny bit further. My only con is that it is full of little kids and if you have an older child they will get tired of that. We walked around 7 other resorts and the only time AoA was quiet was after dark. Constant kids noise. Haha. My biggest love affair with AoA is the suite itself. Having the ability to put each of my children in their own bed, close the door, and sleep in peace with my husband was priceless. Plus the bathrooms are soooo nice. Everything was spotless and nicer than our own house!! Grab bar in the bathtub, clothes line for bathing suits, tons of extra supplies in the kitchenette, space for everything. It was beyond my expectations. Have fun!!

We stayed in all 3 suite areas, Nemo, LK, and Cars. We liked them all, with Cars being the favorite. Very similar of course. Cars was best for me running to do laundry, and LK was the worst for laundry (no pool super close).

All 3 suite areas are super nice. Cars is just particularly amazing (to us).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter