Selecting VA Seats @ 90 Days

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by Linda67, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

Hi everyone :goodvibes

We've just hit the 90 day mark before our flights and I have selected our seats for the outbound journey but the seat map is still unavailable for the inbound journey

Is that right?

Do we have to wait until it's 90 days until our return flight to select those seats :confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. peajay18

peajay18 Diamond In The Rough

Yep, 'fraid so. :rolleyes2

4. Linda67

Thanks for the info - I couldn't find anything in the FAQs :thumbsup2

5. peajay18

peajay18 Diamond In The Rough

No problem.
    It just happened to me, so as of a couple of months ago that was the case.

6. queendisney

queendisney DIS Veteran

I hate having to wait the 90 days..I have my date etched on my brain for out and return!!

7. anniedream

anniedream Mouseketeer

My partner and I want to try and get the two seaters on the plane. We were going to wait up until 12am, 90 days before. Has anyone else done this? We have never flown with VA before.

8. scoobydooby

scoobydooby Dreaming of next Disney trip

We are flying economy on the VA afternoon flight. Which seats will disembark first? We need 4. I've never really managed to work this out. I think I'd like two rows of two rather than a row of four.... Actually Id like first class but that aside ;)

9. Linda67

Yep I have :)
    We always try and get the twos at the back of the plane, the positives of just the two of us sitting together outweighs the negatives of being one of the last people off the plane (think loooong wait in immigration)
    The next flight we are on to Vancouver, all of the seats at either side of the cabin are in twos so we are close to the front of the aircraft is time :)
    Seat Maps aren't always updated right at the stroke of midnight so keep checking back if they aren't showing when you first log on
    Good luck!

10. Nicnic

Nicnic Mouseketeer

If your at the back of the plane, your last off. We used to get the 2 at the back when it was just the 2 of us, but now we are a family of four and will try to get a row of 4 as close to the front as possible, with a 2year old I want to try and avoid a long wait, unless we get to upgrade to premium!

11. Nicnic

Nicnic Mouseketeer

Can you check in before your flight time? Last time we did online check in at something like 180 days out it had to be after your flight had departed, eg flying at 10:00 you could only check in after 10:00. Has this changed now its 90 days? This would be a lot better as we are on a 1:45 flight next time and i know I will forget but if I can do it in the morning, great.
    Thanks

12. anniedream

anniedream Mouseketeer

From what I am aware you can request seats 90 days before departure (that's 90 days before outbound and 90 days before inbound). You can do this up until 24 hours before. From 24 hours before your departure you can do online check in where you have the opportunity to amend these seat selections and other additions to your flight. Hope this has helped.

13. anniedream

anniedream Mouseketeer

It's worth noting if you DO pre allocate your seats you NEED to do online check in at least 2 hours before your flight.

14. ukool

ukool Mouseketeer

Didnt know that, thanks :thumbsup2

15. xxpeplyxx

xxpeplyxx Ultimate Disney fan

Can you book your seats if you haven't booked your holiday through virgin?

We are flying with virgin but have booked the holiday through kenwood travel

16. sjfc99

sjfc99 Earning My Ears

Yup, so long as you have your e-ticket or Virgin booking ref, you'll be able to book your seats. You'll see the Manage my Booking on the right handside of the VS home page

17. scoobydooby

I'm booked on the virgin from Man to MCO afternoon flight. Anyone know the plane config and what time I should log on at the 90 day mark? Thank you :)

18. sjfc99

sjfc99 Earning My Ears

Will either be the A330 or the 747, but think that normally operates as the 747. There is only one configuration for each a/c on that route

You'll find them on the Virgin website under our fleet. It will be the A330 2 clas and the 747-LGW 1. I'd link them, but can't until over 10 posts.

The seat selection should open from 89 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes, but it often shows up earlier - today for example, it came up with me at 90 days, 21 hours 50 mins. It doesnt let me select yet, as im still over the 90 days, but there have been a few people who have been able to select at 90+x hours.

19. scoobydooby

Thank you that's really helpful :)

20. sjfc99

sjfc99 Earning My Ears

21. crabbie1

crabbie1 DIS Veteran

Yes that is right.The airbus is the early flight the 747 later.I booked our outbound seats at 89days 23 hours 56 mins lol. Return I waited till 90 days and booked at 7am before work and noone had booked !!!. So being the 747 booked in the bubble row 79 ABC. I am still checking that the plane hasnt been changed and will do till online check in 24 hours before on the 8th April.
    Good luck with your selection.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards